Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4271post #64051 of 1176663/15/12 at 5:43pmpost #64052 of 1176663/15/12 at 5:48pm
That fit has nothing in common with the runway shot except that we're both wearing a button-up shirt so I'm not sure how you think I'm dressing straight off the runway?post #64053 of 1176663/15/12 at 6:09pmQuote:
it's the concept you were describing that was also used on the runway, leading him to believe that it was a runway inspired-style that's reserved for runway show models.
basically, keep scrolling
edit: told you julien, le roi, look 2 posts down
Edited by the shah - 3/15/12 at 7:50pmpost #64054 of 1176663/15/12 at 7:43pmpost #64055 of 1176663/15/12 at 7:49pmQuote:
because you're trying to mimic a look which is best suited for people who are 110 lbs and 6'1, a la a runway model (who was in the picture you posted). you have a lot of nice pieces, but you seem to have some trouble putting them together in a way that looks good on you. i think you could benefit from some more tapered pants.post #64056 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:01pmpost #64057 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
look at his past couple of pics... baller pieces but put together sloppily in an unflattering way. could be camera angle - mirrors don't help.post #64058 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:04pmpost #64059 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:13pmAt the moment you are not the King Mr. Julien
Please try again
You would benefit by copying someone like Shah e.g. ditch the pants and pick up some wool trousers that drape better and are more balanced when hemmed and tapered. Are you like Coldsnap who wears slim bottoms at =< 7" leg opening. This does not suit your body type, IMO
I think with no break or .25" break and >= 7.5" taper would look nice with your most recent outfit.
You can go slimmer but then be careful of the inseam length so it does not bunch up.
Trousers does not equal denim/cotton pants
And for shirts, more often than not I would personally opt for a button down with a nicer collar for the nice appeal around the neck vs. a shirt that has its collars lifting up. The latter is definitely doable and I can only imagine Fuuma pulling it off well. But as mentioned, such serious enthusiasts understand that the right cut is only half the equation and more often than not, it is the material that serves the part of creating the best drape [add-in adjective] in a piece of clothing.post #64060 of 1176663/15/12 at 9:29pmpost #64061 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:37pm
I don't want to add to the dwelling on this that's going on...but I gotta say, this is one of the nicest fits I've seen in SF...I would wear this on the street. I can even see a good looking Italian guy wearing this, all dressed up and no where to go.
And this is classic WAYWT, in the sense that all the elements of styleforum that remove most WAYWT fits from reality are here--the God-awful photography, the screwed up camera angle, cut-off or blurred faces (face made to look like it's been through Chemical Ali torture in the case of Shah), the dreadful lighting, the use of awful quality cameras...at least in this case, there are no filthy mirrors and no comic distortion or colour treatment...
But if this is 6' guy and he's walking down the street wearing this....that's a cool fit in my book...
Perhaps Stanley van Buren would photograph this gentleman? or Bows1's friend?
post #64062 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:45pmpost #64063 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #64064 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:58pmpost #64065 of 1176663/15/12 at 11:23pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 34 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › + The Streetwear Suits and Blazers Thread + 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...