Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4271post #64051 of 1176663/15/12 at 5:43pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64052 of 1176663/15/12 at 5:48pm
That fit has nothing in common with the runway shot except that we're both wearing a button-up shirt so I'm not sure how you think I'm dressing straight off the runway?post #64053 of 1176663/15/12 at 6:09pmQuote:
it's the concept you were describing that was also used on the runway, leading him to believe that it was a runway inspired-style that's reserved for runway show models.
basically, keep scrolling
edit: told you julien, le roi, look 2 posts down
Edited by the shah - 3/15/12 at 7:50pmpost #64054 of 1176663/15/12 at 7:43pmpost #64055 of 1176663/15/12 at 7:49pmQuote:
because you're trying to mimic a look which is best suited for people who are 110 lbs and 6'1, a la a runway model (who was in the picture you posted). you have a lot of nice pieces, but you seem to have some trouble putting them together in a way that looks good on you. i think you could benefit from some more tapered pants.post #64056 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:01pmpost #64057 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
look at his past couple of pics... baller pieces but put together sloppily in an unflattering way. could be camera angle - mirrors don't help.post #64058 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:04pmpost #64059 of 1176663/15/12 at 8:13pmAt the moment you are not the King Mr. Julien
Please try again
You would benefit by copying someone like Shah e.g. ditch the pants and pick up some wool trousers that drape better and are more balanced when hemmed and tapered. Are you like Coldsnap who wears slim bottoms at =< 7" leg opening. This does not suit your body type, IMO
I think with no break or .25" break and >= 7.5" taper would look nice with your most recent outfit.
You can go slimmer but then be careful of the inseam length so it does not bunch up.
Trousers does not equal denim/cotton pants
And for shirts, more often than not I would personally opt for a button down with a nicer collar for the nice appeal around the neck vs. a shirt that has its collars lifting up. The latter is definitely doable and I can only imagine Fuuma pulling it off well. But as mentioned, such serious enthusiasts understand that the right cut is only half the equation and more often than not, it is the material that serves the part of creating the best drape [add-in adjective] in a piece of clothing.post #64060 of 1176663/15/12 at 9:29pmpost #64061 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:37pm
I don't want to add to the dwelling on this that's going on...but I gotta say, this is one of the nicest fits I've seen in SF...I would wear this on the street. I can even see a good looking Italian guy wearing this, all dressed up and no where to go.
And this is classic WAYWT, in the sense that all the elements of styleforum that remove most WAYWT fits from reality are here--the God-awful photography, the screwed up camera angle, cut-off or blurred faces (face made to look like it's been through Chemical Ali torture in the case of Shah), the dreadful lighting, the use of awful quality cameras...at least in this case, there are no filthy mirrors and no comic distortion or colour treatment...
But if this is 6' guy and he's walking down the street wearing this....that's a cool fit in my book...
Perhaps Stanley van Buren would photograph this gentleman? or Bows1's friend?
post #64062 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:45pmpost #64063 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:46pmpost #64064 of 1176663/15/12 at 10:58pmpost #64065 of 1176663/15/12 at 11:23pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › [FS] Timberland Premium Boots 14 minutes ago
- › [FS] Timberland Premium Boots 15 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 21 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.