Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4266
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh man, this is the perfect companion to your finest hour on Styleforum, Mark.
It's as though you opened the car, only to find your (now ex?) girlfriend in there with 11 other dudes. It's perfect right down to the "I can't bear to watch, but I must" hand-over-the-face-with-one-eye-peeking-through-the-fingers hand gesture.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a pair of navy chinos that I might substitute for the jeans - at least, once it's time to go sockless.
CDHagg...let me level with you.
I don't like this at all. I've seen people match their tie with their overcoat...and it's pretentiousness that's gone from the sublime into the bizarre...maybe even into the ridiculous. You seem to have matched your shoeslaces and your soles with your shirt!
You have taken a very simple and accessible look...a shirt, jeans and desert boot/chukka/something like that(?)...and made it inaccessible, taken it into alien territory. Simple looks work to showcase you...CDHagg...with your, dare I share, charming and handsome face, your p90x-forged body, your pianist's hands, all the classical ideals...and cover you for modesty's sake...it should not serve to make your unapproachable, unknowable...it certainly doesn't make you mysterious, the wannabe-douchiness comes shining out...the lasting impression is one of desperation and try-too-hard-ism...
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 29 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 12 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Drinkwaters: Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)