Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4262post #63916 of 1176683/13/12 at 11:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63917 of 1176683/14/12 at 12:42ampost #63918 of 1176683/14/12 at 7:04ampost #63919 of 1176683/14/12 at 7:11ampost #63920 of 1176683/14/12 at 8:10ampost #63921 of 1176683/14/12 at 9:27ampost #63922 of 1176683/14/12 at 10:08ampost #63923 of 1176683/14/12 at 10:49ampost #63924 of 1176683/14/12 at 10:54ampost #63925 of 1176683/14/12 at 10:56ampost #63926 of 1176683/14/12 at 11:01ampost #63927 of 1176683/14/12 at 11:04ampost #63928 of 1176683/14/12 at 11:07am
You don't understand....the United States has declared war on carbohydrates.
Bread, rice...especially "white" rice, pasta...these are UnAmerican foods that must be destroyed.
The American elites will tolerate some carbohydrates like quinoa, spelt, faro, kamut, amaranth, etc because of their elite status in the food world...but for the non-elite, these are just too weird, plus unaffordable...
Unfortunately, as much as I love America, the war on starch has been only as effective as the war on Terror in the national fitness department...so I'm not sure where they'll go with it...a popular statistic that is often quoted: America--with it's war on starch--national obesity is 60% obesity....Italy, overrun with starch--national obesity rate is 40%.....post #63929 of 1176683/14/12 at 11:08amDid anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.post #63930 of 1176683/14/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Did anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.
Fasting is so hard, I've only been able to go a day. It becomes literally all you think about
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 46 seconds ago
- › 3 Gustin Shirts, Classic Fit Small: Green and Pink Selvedge oxford,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › My wedding... 5 minutes ago
- › Law school and the legal sphere (in North America) 6 minutes ago
- › Napolisumisura bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...