This makes my inner nerd happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4262post #63916 of 1176663/14/12 at 12:42ampost #63917 of 1176663/14/12 at 7:04ampost #63918 of 1176663/14/12 at 7:11ampost #63919 of 1176663/14/12 at 8:10ampost #63920 of 1176663/14/12 at 9:27ampost #63921 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:08ampost #63922 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:49ampost #63923 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:54ampost #63924 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:56ampost #63925 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:01ampost #63926 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:04ampost #63927 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:07am
You don't understand....the United States has declared war on carbohydrates.
Bread, rice...especially "white" rice, pasta...these are UnAmerican foods that must be destroyed.
The American elites will tolerate some carbohydrates like quinoa, spelt, faro, kamut, amaranth, etc because of their elite status in the food world...but for the non-elite, these are just too weird, plus unaffordable...
Unfortunately, as much as I love America, the war on starch has been only as effective as the war on Terror in the national fitness department...so I'm not sure where they'll go with it...a popular statistic that is often quoted: America--with it's war on starch--national obesity is 60% obesity....Italy, overrun with starch--national obesity rate is 40%.....post #63928 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:08amDid anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.post #63929 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Did anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.
Fasting is so hard, I've only been able to go a day. It becomes literally all you think aboutpost #63930 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:19am
No, but I'm always skeptical about fasting.
I fasted once, for a week...not the Lent fasting or a similar prescribed thing...just avoiding food during the day, eating a small meal at night...
I actually gained a lot of weight...people tell me it's because of water retention(?)
I think if you fasted but with lots of vigorous activity during the day, you'd have different results but don't quote me on that....
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 32 seconds ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 25 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 32 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 minutes ago
- › A Culture Of Clones 40 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts