This makes my inner nerd happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4262post #63916 of 1176663/14/12 at 12:42ampost #63917 of 1176663/14/12 at 7:04ampost #63918 of 1176663/14/12 at 7:11ampost #63919 of 1176663/14/12 at 8:10ampost #63920 of 1176663/14/12 at 9:27ampost #63921 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:08ampost #63922 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:49ampost #63923 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:54ampost #63924 of 1176663/14/12 at 10:56ampost #63925 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:01ampost #63926 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:04ampost #63927 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:07am
You don't understand....the United States has declared war on carbohydrates.
Bread, rice...especially "white" rice, pasta...these are UnAmerican foods that must be destroyed.
The American elites will tolerate some carbohydrates like quinoa, spelt, faro, kamut, amaranth, etc because of their elite status in the food world...but for the non-elite, these are just too weird, plus unaffordable...
Unfortunately, as much as I love America, the war on starch has been only as effective as the war on Terror in the national fitness department...so I'm not sure where they'll go with it...a popular statistic that is often quoted: America--with it's war on starch--national obesity is 60% obesity....Italy, overrun with starch--national obesity rate is 40%.....post #63928 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:08amDid anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.post #63929 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Did anybody read that article about fasting in this month's Harper's? It was incredibly captivating, and sort of inspiring
Makes me want to try it but I worry about hiding the fact that I'm fasting from the people I know when I turn down all offers for food or drink / socializing in that way for a few weeks.
Fasting is so hard, I've only been able to go a day. It becomes literally all you think aboutpost #63930 of 1176663/14/12 at 11:19am
No, but I'm always skeptical about fasting.
I fasted once, for a week...not the Lent fasting or a similar prescribed thing...just avoiding food during the day, eating a small meal at night...
I actually gained a lot of weight...people tell me it's because of water retention(?)
I think if you fasted but with lots of vigorous activity during the day, you'd have different results but don't quote me on that....
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - July 22, 2016: Victory in Detail 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Braces, waistcoat and nature calls question. 17 minutes ago
- › Interest check: Eidos Chiaia brown herringbone topcoat, 52 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding