edit: inspired by synth, can a mod change my subtext to "bowling-alley junkie, only fresher" pleasE?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4261post #63901 of 1176683/13/12 at 6:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63902 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:13pmpost #63903 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:32pmpost #63904 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:39pmpost #63905 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:49pmpost #63906 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:52pmpost #63907 of 1176683/13/12 at 7:54pmpost #63908 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:14pmpost #63909 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:16pmpost #63910 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:17pmdude, just stop drinking for like 3 months. or potato chips, or whatever it is. I can't do it, but maybe you can. Just a little college belly there, nothing you can't change. keep the shirts, they;ll fit by summerpost #63911 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:18pmpost #63912 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:20pmpost #63913 of 1176683/13/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Don't worry dude- that was just my "test" shirt. Maybe I measured wrong, maybe they interpreted my measurements funny, whatever, but I was just saying that I have to add like a half inch to the waist for future orders. I'm not gonna throw the shirt away or anything like that.post #63914 of 1176683/13/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
No, they aren't. I would say that most of them are in their 30s or 40s and a good many are much older. There are a few younger posters, but Liam_O is an oddity and no-one thinks he dresses well over in MC. He seems to think he's being true to himself and I guess anyone might feel like that the first time they are subjected to concerted criticism.
Anyway, as I said on that thread, the whole argument was stupid. There's no way you can claim that an entire way of dressing is fundamentally better or worse (or more 'manly', FFS!) than another. It's all about that any fit works in the context in which it seeks to be judged, and that's influenced by a whole lot of really superficial or actually entirely irrelevant things (e.g. if a particular brand is mentioned then people will like it regardless of how it looks, or in the latter case, how well people know the person posting). People in both MC and SW&D are pretty forgiving of some entirely unremarkable fits if they are either brand-heavy or being worn by people who are liked...
At the other end, however, there are a very small percentage of people in both subforums who actually dress consistently outstandingly, and I think most people in either place would have no trouble agreeing who those are (Parker being the clearest SW&D example of cross-forum consensus, but perhaps more surprisingly for those who think that MC posters wouldn't get SW&D I am guessing that none of the decent MCers would fail to see that Ivwri has the same kind of successful dedication to Yohji Yamamoto as SpooPoker has to Tom Ford). And personally, my favourite posters in MC tend to the more dandyish end of the spectrum and get plenty of love over here - Barims, being a prime example, who doesn't post enough these days.
For me though, the WAYWRN threads are not the most interesting things on these forums. It's the wealth of specialist knowledge on both sides, whether it be about handmade shoes or obscure Japanese labels. That's what makes this place worth coming back to.
FWIW, I don't really find the cross-platforming to be that difficult. Yeah, it costs a little money if you want to do the Clark Kent to Streetwear superman shit on the daily, but nothing that a lot of posters here don't already spend. Just need a modicum of taste, a little knowledge (don't have to know everything though) - one doesn't even necessarily have to buy the most ultimate jawnz in their category, there's just certain checklists that the forums have set up for determining a good outfit from a bad one.post #63915 of 1176683/13/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
Good for you for letting yourself go!
I cannot control myself either....
La bouffe du soir:
First course...toasted thinly-sliced ciabatta, topped with prosciutto crudo and a fig spread. The fig spread was made last Saturday with 1/2 fresh figs, 1/2 dried Turkish figs, and as much sykordo as the spread will take...sykordo is Greek fig brandy, brought back by someone, home-distilled by their grandfather...the spread is then flambéed à la russe (this means flambeed at the table just before eating, as opposed to à la française, which means flambeed in the kitchen and brought out as the flames are dying down).
Second course---a 3-pound Red snapper...pan-fried whole...with capers and lemons and a little dill...and then flambéed à la française with pernod....
Third course---just finish up licking the fig spread leftover in the dish....
Edited by Miran2 - 3/13/12 at 11:29pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › A W Bauer & Co 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › BUY FAKE PASSPORT (firstname.lastname@example.org) FAKE DRIVING LICENCE... 6 minutes ago
- › BUY FAKE PASSPORT (email@example.com) FAKE DRIVING LICENCE... 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...