Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4261post #63901 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:13pmpost #63902 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:32pmpost #63903 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:39pmpost #63904 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:49pmpost #63905 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:52pmpost #63906 of 1176663/13/12 at 7:54pmpost #63907 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:14pmpost #63908 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:16pmpost #63909 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:17pmdude, just stop drinking for like 3 months. or potato chips, or whatever it is. I can't do it, but maybe you can. Just a little college belly there, nothing you can't change. keep the shirts, they;ll fit by summerpost #63910 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:18pmpost #63911 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:20pmpost #63912 of 1176663/13/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
Don't worry dude- that was just my "test" shirt. Maybe I measured wrong, maybe they interpreted my measurements funny, whatever, but I was just saying that I have to add like a half inch to the waist for future orders. I'm not gonna throw the shirt away or anything like that.post #63913 of 1176663/13/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
No, they aren't. I would say that most of them are in their 30s or 40s and a good many are much older. There are a few younger posters, but Liam_O is an oddity and no-one thinks he dresses well over in MC. He seems to think he's being true to himself and I guess anyone might feel like that the first time they are subjected to concerted criticism.
Anyway, as I said on that thread, the whole argument was stupid. There's no way you can claim that an entire way of dressing is fundamentally better or worse (or more 'manly', FFS!) than another. It's all about that any fit works in the context in which it seeks to be judged, and that's influenced by a whole lot of really superficial or actually entirely irrelevant things (e.g. if a particular brand is mentioned then people will like it regardless of how it looks, or in the latter case, how well people know the person posting). People in both MC and SW&D are pretty forgiving of some entirely unremarkable fits if they are either brand-heavy or being worn by people who are liked...
At the other end, however, there are a very small percentage of people in both subforums who actually dress consistently outstandingly, and I think most people in either place would have no trouble agreeing who those are (Parker being the clearest SW&D example of cross-forum consensus, but perhaps more surprisingly for those who think that MC posters wouldn't get SW&D I am guessing that none of the decent MCers would fail to see that Ivwri has the same kind of successful dedication to Yohji Yamamoto as SpooPoker has to Tom Ford). And personally, my favourite posters in MC tend to the more dandyish end of the spectrum and get plenty of love over here - Barims, being a prime example, who doesn't post enough these days.
For me though, the WAYWRN threads are not the most interesting things on these forums. It's the wealth of specialist knowledge on both sides, whether it be about handmade shoes or obscure Japanese labels. That's what makes this place worth coming back to.
FWIW, I don't really find the cross-platforming to be that difficult. Yeah, it costs a little money if you want to do the Clark Kent to Streetwear superman shit on the daily, but nothing that a lot of posters here don't already spend. Just need a modicum of taste, a little knowledge (don't have to know everything though) - one doesn't even necessarily have to buy the most ultimate jawnz in their category, there's just certain checklists that the forums have set up for determining a good outfit from a bad one.post #63914 of 1176663/13/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
Good for you for letting yourself go!
I cannot control myself either....
La bouffe du soir:
First course...toasted thinly-sliced ciabatta, topped with prosciutto crudo and a fig spread. The fig spread was made last Saturday with 1/2 fresh figs, 1/2 dried Turkish figs, and as much sykordo as the spread will take...sykordo is Greek fig brandy, brought back by someone, home-distilled by their grandfather...the spread is then flambéed à la russe (this means flambeed at the table just before eating, as opposed to à la française, which means flambeed in the kitchen and brought out as the flames are dying down).
Second course---a 3-pound Red snapper...pan-fried whole...with capers and lemons and a little dill...and then flambéed à la française with pernod....
Third course---just finish up licking the fig spread leftover in the dish....
Edited by Miran2 - 3/13/12 at 11:29pmpost #63915 of 1176663/13/12 at 11:49pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › 5/1 16 MORE ADDED! Reloaded NWT Pants Thread - Over 40 Pairs from... 2 minutes ago
- › Fake Marinella Ties On eBay (Warning) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 18 minutes ago
- › NWT Suits & Sport Coats From Canali, Zegna & Corneliani - Size 52L... 18 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 23 minutes ago
- › Vass Budapest Oxford (F-Last) Size 41 31 minutes ago
- › Vass Budapest Oxford (F-Last) Size 41 31 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 50 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 56 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts