Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4259post #63871 of 1176663/13/12 at 3:38pmpost #63872 of 1176663/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #63873 of 1176663/13/12 at 3:54pmpost #63874 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:01pmpost #63875 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:10pmpost #63876 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:12pmpost #63877 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:21pmpost #63878 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:25pmpost #63879 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is worse.
The tank is way too tight and white for what you're going for - which is not a look i'm particularly fond of in the first place.
I know people jump on the whole uber-casual-comfy thing but the sweatpants are just sweatpants, and it looks dumb when it's tryna be fashion (cue response that "not tryna be fashion just chilling" which is bullshit).
Get slouchy pants or gray tapered jeans as mentioned by notwihit.
i don't think you can work the leather in there either.post #63880 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:39pmjust wear them for a bit then post pics once you understand what to wear them with. I'm sure you can tell this doesn't look good. I'm thinking some type of loose as fuck wifebeater, colourblocked would be nice, and tapered grey or white jeans but i dunno if that would work in practise.post #63881 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:49pmpost #63882 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:51pmpost #63883 of 1176663/13/12 at 4:59pmpost #63884 of 1176663/13/12 at 5:06pm
No, they aren't. I would say that most of them are in their 30s or 40s and a good many are much older. There are a few younger posters, but Liam_O is an oddity and no-one thinks he dresses well over in MC. He seems to think he's being true to himself and I guess anyone might feel like that the first time they are subjected to concerted criticism.
Anyway, as I said on that thread, the whole argument was stupid. There's no way you can claim that an entire way of dressing is fundamentally better or worse (or more 'manly', FFS!) than another. It's all about that any fit works in the context in which it seeks to be judged, and that's influenced by a whole lot of really superficial or actually entirely irrelevant things (e.g. if a particular brand is mentioned then people will like it regardless of how it looks, or in the latter case, how well people know the person posting). People in both MC and SW&D are pretty forgiving of some entirely unremarkable fits if they are either brand-heavy or being worn by people who are liked...
At the other end, however, there are a very small percentage of people in both subforums who actually dress consistently outstandingly, and I think most people in either place would have no trouble agreeing who those are (Parker being the clearest SW&D example of cross-forum consensus, but perhaps more surprisingly for those who think that MC posters wouldn't get SW&D I am guessing that none of the decent MCers would fail to see that Ivwri has the same kind of successful dedication to Yohji Yamamoto as SpooPoker has to Tom Ford). And personally, my favourite posters in MC tend to the more dandyish end of the spectrum and get plenty of love over here - Barims, being a prime example, who doesn't post enough these days.
For me though, the WAYWRN threads are not the most interesting things on these forums. It's the wealth of specialist knowledge on both sides, whether it be about handmade shoes or obscure Japanese labels. That's what makes this place worth coming back to.post #63885 of 1176663/13/12 at 5:41pm
GN, I don't know what to say other than this is terrible. a million wailing babes, dude.Quote:
fucking christ, kent, you look like you're about to die
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 49 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Grad School Blues 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding