This is sad. I think it's time we patriarchs/colonialists reclaim the chino. Those are big-dick waving mlitary penis pants, dammit. They overflow with menace. They are dangerous!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4244post #63646 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63647 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:14pmpost #63648 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:20pmpost #63649 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nereis
While I'm sure you could get away with wearing pink/yellow/checked shirts at most workplaces nowadays, from my experience you need to be at least in charge of people if you don't want to get 'nice shirt' sort of comments instead of talk about that great report you churned out at 2am in the morning on short notice. It is really about what kind of image you want to project at work.
Wen wearing white pants/jeans it is usually a good idea to avoid white(ish) shoes as it can give you an hospital orderly look. It does here, a lot. You'd be much better with say mid brown suede shoes. I sometimes pair white jeans w. white Margiela hi-tops but it doesn't always work.post #63650 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #63651 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:40pmQuote:I know the OL jeans get a lot of love, but I utterly fail to see how they look good. They're wide-legged (in a way that creates an unflattering silhouette), could probably use a hem, and are a pretty ugly color combination. I don't have a problem with washed-out jeans (see: NOBD's worn APCs), but the fades just look like super-fake pre-distressing (which they are). I can think of literally nothing about them that is aesthetically appealing.Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)from our day trip to saltspring island, on mt maxwell. auto white balance fkd the colors in the 2nd pic tho
conspost #63652 of 1176683/11/12 at 3:45pmI'm with you on that. I will say that as far as fake pre destressing goes, thats the least obnoxious route and I really like the soft washed out color but the cut obviously leaves something to be desired for the fashion set.
though if they're in line quality wise with the rest of OL's gear I bet the fabric is comfy as hellpost #63653 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:06pmpost #63654 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:09pmpost #63655 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:13pmpost #63656 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:14pmpost #63657 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:16pmkgmessier: I always think you can stand to go up a size with your shirts. They usually look like they'd be unwearable if you added a couple of pounds. Too many folks get caught up on the "perfect fit" that they err on the small side and end up with some George Costanza steeze.
Edited by APK - 3/11/12 at 6:04pmpost #63658 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Interesting point. I feel like the shirt fits well as is, and going up a size would cause it to hang too low off my shoulders. Is it that third picture in the collage? The way I'm sitting makes it look like I've got a gut, which I don't.post #63659 of 1176683/11/12 at 4:57pmpost #63660 of 1176683/11/12 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Finally mild enough to try the Yohji coat:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I still haven't found any Yohji trousers or shirts that are in my size and within current budget so I had to make do:
Oh Good Lord...you did go overboard with the weed yesterday, didn't you? I didn't want to mention it then, but you were coughing, weren't you, when taking that psychedelic album cover fit pic yesterday? Well, ManOfKent...this is what happens to your mind on drugs...you totally lose it the next day...
I don't know what to even think here....are you going for a scarecrow look in that first pic? Some sort of tramp? We haven't started pan-handling, have we...to try and raise some cash for all these Yohji extravagances?...I'm sure the LadyOfKent is keeping a tight fist over our spending...
The dishevelled untucked shirt in a dirty colour says tramp...the coat screams tramp...you should have deliberately oversized on the shoes, to give the impression you stole those...I am told there is a line of Frédéric Malle cologne with a heavy whiff of musky unwashed person...did you spray that on to?
In any event, ManOfKent....this is getting very confusing now...Yohji playing mindgames with the money-burning weirdos that buy this shit....you playing mindgames on those poor souls in Kent who have to see this on the street...yesterday's weed playing mindgames on you...
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Fear the Walking Dead 11 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Halifax, Uk 10/10.5US In Willow Country Calf 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015