MoK sleeves need to be shortened and slimmed down. I think the gandalf style sleeves are an intentional thing that the designer did, but unfortunately they just don't work.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4244post #63646 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63647 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:20pmpost #63648 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nereis
While I'm sure you could get away with wearing pink/yellow/checked shirts at most workplaces nowadays, from my experience you need to be at least in charge of people if you don't want to get 'nice shirt' sort of comments instead of talk about that great report you churned out at 2am in the morning on short notice. It is really about what kind of image you want to project at work.
Wen wearing white pants/jeans it is usually a good idea to avoid white(ish) shoes as it can give you an hospital orderly look. It does here, a lot. You'd be much better with say mid brown suede shoes. I sometimes pair white jeans w. white Margiela hi-tops but it doesn't always work.post #63649 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #63650 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:40pmQuote:I know the OL jeans get a lot of love, but I utterly fail to see how they look good. They're wide-legged (in a way that creates an unflattering silhouette), could probably use a hem, and are a pretty ugly color combination. I don't have a problem with washed-out jeans (see: NOBD's worn APCs), but the fades just look like super-fake pre-distressing (which they are). I can think of literally nothing about them that is aesthetically appealing.Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)from our day trip to saltspring island, on mt maxwell. auto white balance fkd the colors in the 2nd pic tho
conspost #63651 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:45pmI'm with you on that. I will say that as far as fake pre destressing goes, thats the least obnoxious route and I really like the soft washed out color but the cut obviously leaves something to be desired for the fashion set.
though if they're in line quality wise with the rest of OL's gear I bet the fabric is comfy as hellpost #63652 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:06pmpost #63653 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:09pmpost #63654 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:13pmpost #63655 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:14pmpost #63656 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:16pmkgmessier: I always think you can stand to go up a size with your shirts. They usually look like they'd be unwearable if you added a couple of pounds. Too many folks get caught up on the "perfect fit" that they err on the small side and end up with some George Costanza steeze.
Edited by APK - 3/11/12 at 6:04pmpost #63657 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Interesting point. I feel like the shirt fits well as is, and going up a size would cause it to hang too low off my shoulders. Is it that third picture in the collage? The way I'm sitting makes it look like I've got a gut, which I don't.post #63658 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:57pmpost #63659 of 1176663/11/12 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Finally mild enough to try the Yohji coat:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I still haven't found any Yohji trousers or shirts that are in my size and within current budget so I had to make do:
Oh Good Lord...you did go overboard with the weed yesterday, didn't you? I didn't want to mention it then, but you were coughing, weren't you, when taking that psychedelic album cover fit pic yesterday? Well, ManOfKent...this is what happens to your mind on drugs...you totally lose it the next day...
I don't know what to even think here....are you going for a scarecrow look in that first pic? Some sort of tramp? We haven't started pan-handling, have we...to try and raise some cash for all these Yohji extravagances?...I'm sure the LadyOfKent is keeping a tight fist over our spending...
The dishevelled untucked shirt in a dirty colour says tramp...the coat screams tramp...you should have deliberately oversized on the shoes, to give the impression you stole those...I am told there is a line of Frédéric Malle cologne with a heavy whiff of musky unwashed person...did you spray that on to?
In any event, ManOfKent....this is getting very confusing now...Yohji playing mindgames with the money-burning weirdos that buy this shit....you playing mindgames on those poor souls in Kent who have to see this on the street...yesterday's weed playing mindgames on you...
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Church's Custom Grade Ashley black calf loafers Excellent condition... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 18 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.