MoK sleeves need to be shortened and slimmed down. I think the gandalf style sleeves are an intentional thing that the designer did, but unfortunately they just don't work.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/25/16 at 12:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4244post #63646 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:14pmpost #63647 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:20pmpost #63648 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nereis
While I'm sure you could get away with wearing pink/yellow/checked shirts at most workplaces nowadays, from my experience you need to be at least in charge of people if you don't want to get 'nice shirt' sort of comments instead of talk about that great report you churned out at 2am in the morning on short notice. It is really about what kind of image you want to project at work.
Wen wearing white pants/jeans it is usually a good idea to avoid white(ish) shoes as it can give you an hospital orderly look. It does here, a lot. You'd be much better with say mid brown suede shoes. I sometimes pair white jeans w. white Margiela hi-tops but it doesn't always work.post #63649 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:38pmpost #63650 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:40pmQuote:I know the OL jeans get a lot of love, but I utterly fail to see how they look good. They're wide-legged (in a way that creates an unflattering silhouette), could probably use a hem, and are a pretty ugly color combination. I don't have a problem with washed-out jeans (see: NOBD's worn APCs), but the fades just look like super-fake pre-distressing (which they are). I can think of literally nothing about them that is aesthetically appealing.Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)from our day trip to saltspring island, on mt maxwell. auto white balance fkd the colors in the 2nd pic tho
conspost #63651 of 1176663/11/12 at 3:45pmI'm with you on that. I will say that as far as fake pre destressing goes, thats the least obnoxious route and I really like the soft washed out color but the cut obviously leaves something to be desired for the fashion set.
though if they're in line quality wise with the rest of OL's gear I bet the fabric is comfy as hellpost #63652 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:06pmpost #63653 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:09pmpost #63654 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:13pmpost #63655 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:14pmpost #63656 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:16pmkgmessier: I always think you can stand to go up a size with your shirts. They usually look like they'd be unwearable if you added a couple of pounds. Too many folks get caught up on the "perfect fit" that they err on the small side and end up with some George Costanza steeze.
Edited by APK - 3/11/12 at 6:04pmpost #63657 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:53pmQuote:
Interesting point. I feel like the shirt fits well as is, and going up a size would cause it to hang too low off my shoulders. Is it that third picture in the collage? The way I'm sitting makes it look like I've got a gut, which I don't.post #63658 of 1176663/11/12 at 4:57pmpost #63659 of 1176663/11/12 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Finally mild enough to try the Yohji coat:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I still haven't found any Yohji trousers or shirts that are in my size and within current budget so I had to make do:
Oh Good Lord...you did go overboard with the weed yesterday, didn't you? I didn't want to mention it then, but you were coughing, weren't you, when taking that psychedelic album cover fit pic yesterday? Well, ManOfKent...this is what happens to your mind on drugs...you totally lose it the next day...
I don't know what to even think here....are you going for a scarecrow look in that first pic? Some sort of tramp? We haven't started pan-handling, have we...to try and raise some cash for all these Yohji extravagances?...I'm sure the LadyOfKent is keeping a tight fist over our spending...
The dishevelled untucked shirt in a dirty colour says tramp...the coat screams tramp...you should have deliberately oversized on the shoes, to give the impression you stole those...I am told there is a line of Frédéric Malle cologne with a heavy whiff of musky unwashed person...did you spray that on to?
In any event, ManOfKent....this is getting very confusing now...Yohji playing mindgames with the money-burning weirdos that buy this shit....you playing mindgames on those poor souls in Kent who have to see this on the street...yesterday's weed playing mindgames on you...post #63660 of 1176663/11/12 at 5:01pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a specific Alden makeup 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Raw Denim on a Budget 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding