IMO, it makes you look like you're into STYLE!, as opposed to someone like aether, who is into style, but who just looks like a well-put-together dude. Stealth steez.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4240
The shirt is Dunhill, made of soft cotton. The jacket is Cucinelli. The hanky, as I clearly pointed out, is a soft pink cotton. The chain, as I've mentioned before, was a gift 10+ years ago and has special meaning to me. Now go blow a load into your socks.
And, this is you, right?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please never comment, negatively or positively, on anyone's fit here again.
Moo, The fit of your jacket looks almost perfect to me. I'd say more, but I don't want to feed the troll.
I'm thinking the shirt is too tight, or too short, or both. And in retrospect, I also think more laid-back shoes would have been better.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The reason you're getting a lot of Express/GQ jabs is because the combination of shiny dress shirt + pretty casual indigo denim doesn't work all that well. It doesn't look bad, exactly, but it kinda makes you look like a pretty boy. I think you'll be a lot better off if you a. get a shirt with texture (or at least a button-down collar) or b. change the pants. I've definitely made the same mistake in the past and it's kinda hard to see why it doesn't work until you see it on someone else.
Yeah, I'm starting to see the problem with the Versace shirt vibe. This white shirt, fortunately, is Oxford Cloth with a huge Italian spread collar.
You're right, maybe I don't. What is sarcasm, again? I've heard the term before, but I don't really know what it means. I also have no idea of how to incorporate it into a sentence/paragraph - I don't know how to be sarcastic myself, since I don't even know what the word means... sorry.
@SVB I think the extra length in the pants (the slight wrinkling/stacking/break) improves your look.
Mr Moo....are you sure that jacket is Cucinelli? The reason I ask is I am willing to bet money that jacket--at least the sleeves--are fused...that's not hand-basted Italian (Solomeo) tailoring by a long shot. I could be wrong, it could have lost its shape from excessive mishandling....regardless of brand, it does look like it's from the 1980s or early 90s...the very boxy style is much longer than today's sleeker and more slim-fitting lines, which is certainly true for Italian tailoring....if it's old, it could have suffered in the hands of fools...I am told some dry-cleaning methods will completely wreck the shape...see how the waist is snug on you, but the shoulders are roomy and "cornered"....that's not Cucinelli's style....
May I ask where you procured it?
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Briefcase porn thread 14 minutes ago
- › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style 15 minutes ago
- › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter 17 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › adventures in bespoke: Richard Anderson 42 minutes ago
- › National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread 44 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 56 minutes ago
- › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing 56 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 57 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw