Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4235
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63512 of 1176663/9/12 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
He just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.
This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.
This comment is just retarded...You may frequent gay gyms for your entertainment, but that is not the look CDHagg is going for....besides, when does GQ debase itself to cheap "blended" fabrics?!? Cheap gay gyms, I should have said...
The semi-tight fitting jeans is central to what he is aiming to build around, I think...jeans with some sort of boot...he is trying to "dress" that up...he is bringing a lot of his own personal baggage to his look, in terms of his ideals of what items he absolutely wants to include, a GQ-ness he is imagining, his take or his community's take on masculinity, etc etc...This is tough to do, but I think a lot of the other suggestions so far are good...post #63513 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
That kind of get-up sounds pretty difficult to work out in. I usually just wear sneakers, sweat shorts, and a t-shirt. Then again, my gym's not particularly gay.
Also, isn't a gay "gym" usually just a euphemism for a bathhouse?post #63514 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
I saw a dude working out in shorts and boots there. But mostly I mean their street clothes. The gym isn't necessarily a gay gym but it's an equinox in manhattan, so, the clientele is very, very gay.
I also see Anderson Cooper there so it's all worth itpost #63515 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
your thinly-veiled homophobia is no match for the exotic pleasures that hide within
say what you will, but as a life-long frequenter of ottoman hamams I can assure you there is no worldly pleasures that involve erotic same-sex escapades, to my knowledge at least.
very nice PH
excellent work, Parker
this image is very well composed, though I can't appreciate the graininess and tight bottoms as much.post #63516 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:13pmpost #63517 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:54pmQuote:
is anderson cooper gay?post #63518 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:57pmpost #63519 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:05pmpost #63520 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:07pmpost #63521 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:07pmpost #63522 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:18pmpost #63523 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:18pmQuote:The term has a different meaning stateside, I guess.Originally Posted by the shah
your thinly-veiled homophobia is no match for the exotic pleasures that hide within Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Sure, call me homophobic, then turn around and claim that you have no appreciation for tight bottoms in the next breath.
Or is it the graininess of the photo that dims the appreciation?post #63524 of 1176663/9/12 at 3:47pmalright since earlier was a repost and I wasn't actually wearing that, I figured I might as well do it right tonight
I actually really like these phillip lim jeans. they have kind of a high rise but they're too big on me so they naturally sag and they look pretty good. better than in the picture of course
Edited by tween_spirit - 3/9/12 at 4:32pmpost #63525 of 1176663/9/12 at 4:49pmNot sure the obsession over "GQ-esque" looks. Every time I open that magazine(admittedly, not very often) -- all I see are a bunch of layers of sweaters with a blazer on top of it. Nothing on there ever really looks to be original or particularly eye-catching.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 42 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Cleanout! Drake's, Panta, Bigi et al. Ties (and some squares) 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...