Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/23/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4235post #63512 of 1176663/9/12 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
He just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.
This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.
This comment is just retarded...You may frequent gay gyms for your entertainment, but that is not the look CDHagg is going for....besides, when does GQ debase itself to cheap "blended" fabrics?!? Cheap gay gyms, I should have said...
The semi-tight fitting jeans is central to what he is aiming to build around, I think...jeans with some sort of boot...he is trying to "dress" that up...he is bringing a lot of his own personal baggage to his look, in terms of his ideals of what items he absolutely wants to include, a GQ-ness he is imagining, his take or his community's take on masculinity, etc etc...This is tough to do, but I think a lot of the other suggestions so far are good...post #63513 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:33pmQuote:
That kind of get-up sounds pretty difficult to work out in. I usually just wear sneakers, sweat shorts, and a t-shirt. Then again, my gym's not particularly gay.
Also, isn't a gay "gym" usually just a euphemism for a bathhouse?post #63514 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
I saw a dude working out in shorts and boots there. But mostly I mean their street clothes. The gym isn't necessarily a gay gym but it's an equinox in manhattan, so, the clientele is very, very gay.
I also see Anderson Cooper there so it's all worth itpost #63515 of 1176663/9/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
your thinly-veiled homophobia is no match for the exotic pleasures that hide within
say what you will, but as a life-long frequenter of ottoman hamams I can assure you there is no worldly pleasures that involve erotic same-sex escapades, to my knowledge at least.
very nice PH
excellent work, Parker
this image is very well composed, though I can't appreciate the graininess and tight bottoms as much.post #63516 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:13pmpost #63517 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:54pmQuote:
is anderson cooper gay?post #63518 of 1176663/9/12 at 1:57pmpost #63519 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:05pmpost #63520 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:07pmpost #63521 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:07pmpost #63522 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:18pmpost #63523 of 1176663/9/12 at 2:18pmQuote:The term has a different meaning stateside, I guess.Originally Posted by the shah
your thinly-veiled homophobia is no match for the exotic pleasures that hide within Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Sure, call me homophobic, then turn around and claim that you have no appreciation for tight bottoms in the next breath.
Or is it the graininess of the photo that dims the appreciation?post #63524 of 1176663/9/12 at 3:47pmalright since earlier was a repost and I wasn't actually wearing that, I figured I might as well do it right tonight
I actually really like these phillip lim jeans. they have kind of a high rise but they're too big on me so they naturally sag and they look pretty good. better than in the picture of course
Edited by tween_spirit - 3/9/12 at 4:32pmpost #63525 of 1176663/9/12 at 4:49pmNot sure the obsession over "GQ-esque" looks. Every time I open that magazine(admittedly, not very often) -- all I see are a bunch of layers of sweaters with a blazer on top of it. Nothing on there ever really looks to be original or particularly eye-catching.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 28 seconds ago
- › Epaulet x Schott Navy Melton Wool Peacoat 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › GANT RUGGER CHINOS US 32/34 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway