or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4235  

post #63511 of 117677
you should start by looking at street style pictures to supplement your consumption of GQ/mass-market-magazine-style. this will help you see how people have styled their fits and may give you some additional inspiration. a lot of GQ styling is sorta formulaic...

i think you're doing pretty good in terms of the way the clothing fits, but you need to work on dat styling.
Edited by aether - 3/9/12 at 10:53am
post #63512 of 117677
Sleek and sexy sounds pretty gay to me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Am I doing it right?
post #63513 of 117677

If you are trying to do the GQ thing, you are not doing it right.

post #63514 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Got no idea, grip isn't weak. Was shrugging 120kg for reps double overhand today with no straps and I can deadlift like 190kg now. I think its because I have very large hands, so I don't need to make an effort to really squeeze the bar and I can just let it wrest on my finger tips instead.

Ah true, that's certainly heavier than what I can do. Probably just genetics.
post #63515 of 117677
He just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.

This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.
post #63516 of 117677
CDH you should look at Marni, she works with silky shirts
post #63517 of 117677
378
post #63518 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

He just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.
This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.

 

This comment is just retarded...You may frequent gay gyms for your entertainment, but that is not the look CDHagg is going for....besides, when does GQ debase itself to cheap "blended" fabrics?!?  Cheap gay gyms, I should have said...

 

The semi-tight fitting jeans is central to what he is aiming to build around, I think...jeans with some sort of boot...he is trying to "dress" that up...he is bringing a lot of his own personal baggage to his look, in terms of his ideals of what items he absolutely wants to include, a GQ-ness he is imagining, his take or his community's take on masculinity, etc etc...This is tough to do, but I think a lot of the other suggestions so far are good...

 

 

 

 

 

post #63519 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.

That kind of get-up sounds pretty difficult to work out in. I usually just wear sneakers, sweat shorts, and a t-shirt. Then again, my gym's not particularly gay.

Also, isn't a gay "gym" usually just a euphemism for a bathhouse? eh.gif
post #63520 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

That kind of get-up sounds pretty difficult to work out in. I usually just wear sneakers, sweat shorts, and a t-shirt. Then again, my gym's not particularly gay.
Also, isn't a gay "gym" usually just a euphemism for a bathhouse? eh.gif

I saw a dude working out in shorts and boots there. confused.gif But mostly I mean their street clothes. The gym isn't necessarily a gay gym but it's an equinox in manhattan, so, the clientele is very, very gay.

I also see Anderson Cooper there so it's all worth it inlove.gif
post #63521 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Also, isn't a gay "gym" usually just a euphemism for a bathhouse? eh.gif

your thinly-veiled homophobia is no match for the exotic pleasures that hide within

233233

say what you will, but as a life-long frequenter of ottoman hamams I can assure you there is no worldly pleasures that involve erotic same-sex escapades, to my knowledge at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

PEW6e.jpg

very nice PH

excellent work, Parker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahahahaha View Post

IMG_0366.jpg

this image is very well composed, though I can't appreciate the graininess and tight bottoms as much.
post #63522 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxstar View Post

378

When and where did those shoes come from?

Is it the "gray" colorway and just looks way lighter in real life than in pictures?
post #63523 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

I saw a dude working out in shorts and boots there. confused.gif But mostly I mean their street clothes. The gym isn't necessarily a gay gym but it's an equinox in manhattan, so, the clientele is very, very gay.
I also see Anderson Cooper there so it's all worth it inlove.gif

is anderson cooper gay?
post #63524 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

is anderson cooper gay?

That's what the word on the street is. Who cares, really, of course.
post #63525 of 117677
i thought it was clearly established that he was?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread