Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 3:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4234post #63496 of 1176683/9/12 at 6:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63497 of 1176683/9/12 at 7:51ampost #63498 of 1176683/9/12 at 7:55ampost #63499 of 1176683/9/12 at 8:55ampost #63500 of 1176683/9/12 at 9:06ampost #63501 of 1176683/9/12 at 9:20amGot no idea, grip isn't weak. Was shrugging 120kg for reps double overhand today with no straps and I can deadlift like 190kg now. I think its because I have very large hands, so I don't need to make an effort to really squeeze the bar and I can just let it wrest on my finger tips instead.post #63502 of 1176683/9/12 at 9:21ampost #63503 of 1176683/9/12 at 9:24ampost #63504 of 1176683/9/12 at 9:44amQuote:
hahah, you mean a raffish slacker with a clothing obsession? ;-) docs are the jeffrey model. they have a slimmer profile than the 1460s and no yellow stitching. the sole is still that neutral semi transparent rubber. i think they just look black. and yeah, that's the same ring jacket. japanese co. makes southern italian-esque suits often with weird fabrics. more about it here. run it thru google translator for japanglish explanation. I guess it's a mohair-flannel, but it has that same wrinkly, bubbly quality of boiling. it's also unfortunately kinda itchy-n-skratchy.Quote:
I agree with you.. pants are riding too high in the photo. This is not my fave suit, I prefer a lower rise and slimmer cut. Or else super loose. This is sort of an in-betweener silhouette.post #63505 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:19amQuote:
Quote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sag your jeans and throw those boots in the trash, I'm tired of seeing them.
And if you're going to wear a button up with jeans, make it an oxford or something, not so dressy. Top and bottom halves are incongruent
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I didn't really think of the versace-esque shiny shirt as "dressy," but maybe I'll have to rethink where I can use the shirt.
Aether: I don't really know where I'm going with this. I think I have some vague idea of how I want to dress, with words like "sleek" and "sexy" attached. Maybe I've been reading too much GQ, or watching too many Armani runway shows.post #63506 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:34amyou should start by looking at street style pictures to supplement your consumption of GQ/mass-market-magazine-style. this will help you see how people have styled their fits and may give you some additional inspiration. a lot of GQ styling is sorta formulaic...
i think you're doing pretty good in terms of the way the clothing fits, but you need to work on dat styling.
Edited by aether - 3/9/12 at 10:53ampost #63507 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:38ampost #63508 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:54ampost #63509 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by fuji
Got no idea, grip isn't weak. Was shrugging 120kg for reps double overhand today with no straps and I can deadlift like 190kg now. I think its because I have very large hands, so I don't need to make an effort to really squeeze the bar and I can just let it wrest on my finger tips instead.
Ah true, that's certainly heavier than what I can do. Probably just genetics.post #63510 of 1176683/9/12 at 10:58amHe just needs different pants. Some dark grey/black chinos or cotton/wool blend trousers or even waxed black denim and he'd nail the "look" which is super gay no doubt, but like, whatever.
This is how like 60% of the gay dudes at my gym dress. The other 40% wear mostly Diesel and G Star raw.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Suit Addict 29 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 8 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Guidi chelsea boot, white, 44 10 minutes ago
- › Watch Live©®®>~ Northern Iowa vs Wichita St Live NCAA Basketball 11 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 13 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...