Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 11:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4206post #63076 of 1176663/2/12 at 8:41ampost #63077 of 1176663/2/12 at 10:08ampost #63078 of 1176663/2/12 at 10:55ampost #63079 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:00ampost #63080 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:07amQuote:
If the dress code calls for no untucked shirts, then don't wear jeans. It almost never looks good.post #63081 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:29ampost #63082 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:36ampost #63083 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:40ampost #63084 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:40ampost #63085 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:50amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by furoQuote:
Nah, I just wasn't standing up straight. Here's another:Quote:
If you are implicitly required to tuck your shirt in, just don't wear a polo. It makes you look like a bestbuy employee.post #63086 of 1176663/2/12 at 11:56ampost #63087 of 1176663/2/12 at 12:02pmpost #63088 of 1176663/2/12 at 12:06pmpost #63089 of 1176663/2/12 at 12:29pm
Oh I can't stand this anymore..yesterday, the cardigan was on trial with the clueless riffraff as jury...today it's the polo...
First things first--the jeans--with that cuff folding they look ridiculous, especially with those dressy shoes...ignore the hipsters, it looks bloody daft. The belt is also too much with those jeans...
Now--the polo: The polo shirt is one of the classics of the 20th century that will last long after the last drop of petroleum is exhausted from the ground. The reason for its enduring success--versatility. There are so many styles, cuts, shapes, sleeve lengths, lengths,blah blah blah....but even with such diversity the polo is unforgiving. The fit must be precise.
First rule of thumb...upper chest, shoulders fit...it has to fit very snugly here. Yours does, good. You have chosen a more modern athletic fit with shorter arms, it seems to work for you...although it is impossible to tell this without seeing you move around in it. The collar is also modern, which is fine, and you've chosen to leave the buttons closed, that's also fine. You are doing a lot of things right.
Here is Sean Connery in Dr No, wearing one of the great icons of the 20th century--John's Smedley's Isis, available at Mr Porter, John Smedley online and all other fine, no lifetime return with no questions asked, non-riffraff establishments.
See how he has left the buttons opened, but also tucked in...but because of the simplicity of the pants and the lightness of the fabrics for the tropical Caribbean setting, it works!
Here is Fred Perry, also tucked in...but notice the casual belt and the non-domineering pants....
For yours, with that athletic fit with the rolling collar and the shorter sleeves, I also think untucked would work better...but tucked doesn't look bad at all actually.
If you want untucked, here is Daniel Craig in Tom Ford's plagiarism of another John Smedley 50-year-old classic--the Jeremy, also available at Mr Porter.
So for you, I would just lose the overaccessorizing and just loosen up...and ignore all the criticisms about polos...you look quite good actually.post #63090 of 1176663/2/12 at 12:34pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway