Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4195post #62911 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62912 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:18pmpost #62913 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:36pmpost #62914 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Thanks for the thumbs and comments on my last post guys.
Really like that fit Master Milano. Good stuff.
Me today (shout out to Drew).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I am starting to get you, Ivrii...and what Yohji Yamamoto brings that attracts people like you.
The common theme seems to be "Nothing is as it seems". Almost everything is out of whack. Pants that look like shirt sleeves, but on their side and worn on one's legs...pant cuffs that look like shirt cuffs...jackets that look like cardigans from the front and crumpled dresses from the rear...millionaires dressed up to look like hobos (and yes, Ivrii, today is particularly hobo-y)...only the shirt is normal, though I would have preferred a pair of pants worn upside down on your chest, the leg openings used as arm sleeves. Incidentally, I do believe the shirt is taken line for line from that worn by Imperial Japanese Army captains and commanders, under their jackets...who knows where Yohji's head is politically...
The sandals, though elegant, are too normal here, Ivrii...you should wear a pair of gloves on your feet.
The problem, Ivrii, is that this is nothing new, and that's what Yohji Yamamato does not get--his urge is just to shock, maybe slightly horrify. He can call it "challenging" (There is nothing challenging about it really) his wearers to question the rules...why wear shoes on one's feet and not on one's hands? The "This is not a pipe" rigmarole, but played and clapped out to rigour mortis and about 75 years late. It's not original. The shock factor doesn't make it new or great...surely you must know this?post #62915 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:47pmpost #62916 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:54pmpost #62917 of 1176682/29/12 at 3:59pmpost #62918 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:01pmpost #62919 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:04pmpost #62920 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:07pmpost #62921 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:10pmMiran, this is for you. Today was laundry day and as my mind was wandering god knows where I accidentally put all my lounging pants in the machine ! And so there I was, bare legged in my kitchen, watching the hypnotic spin of cloth and soap through the glass door and wondering "what now ?" That's when I had a stroke of genius, the stroke.
I rushed into my secondary closet, grabbed my uniqlo french terry sweatshirt and ...
And I'm sure you can guess the rest.
I regret nothing.post #62922 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:17pmpost #62923 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:24pmpost #62924 of 1176682/29/12 at 4:26pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › REDUCED! RLPL Palph Lauren Purple Label 4.5K grey suit, 42L NWOT... 2 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 5 minutes ago
- › What do you think of Jackson Pollock? 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan