Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4195post #62911 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:09pmpost #62912 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:18pmpost #62913 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:36pmpost #62914 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Thanks for the thumbs and comments on my last post guys.
Really like that fit Master Milano. Good stuff.
Me today (shout out to Drew).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I am starting to get you, Ivrii...and what Yohji Yamamoto brings that attracts people like you.
The common theme seems to be "Nothing is as it seems". Almost everything is out of whack. Pants that look like shirt sleeves, but on their side and worn on one's legs...pant cuffs that look like shirt cuffs...jackets that look like cardigans from the front and crumpled dresses from the rear...millionaires dressed up to look like hobos (and yes, Ivrii, today is particularly hobo-y)...only the shirt is normal, though I would have preferred a pair of pants worn upside down on your chest, the leg openings used as arm sleeves. Incidentally, I do believe the shirt is taken line for line from that worn by Imperial Japanese Army captains and commanders, under their jackets...who knows where Yohji's head is politically...
The sandals, though elegant, are too normal here, Ivrii...you should wear a pair of gloves on your feet.
The problem, Ivrii, is that this is nothing new, and that's what Yohji Yamamato does not get--his urge is just to shock, maybe slightly horrify. He can call it "challenging" (There is nothing challenging about it really) his wearers to question the rules...why wear shoes on one's feet and not on one's hands? The "This is not a pipe" rigmarole, but played and clapped out to rigour mortis and about 75 years late. It's not original. The shock factor doesn't make it new or great...surely you must know this?post #62915 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:47pmpost #62916 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:54pmpost #62917 of 1176662/29/12 at 3:59pmpost #62918 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:01pmpost #62919 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:04pmpost #62920 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:07pmpost #62921 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:10pmMiran, this is for you. Today was laundry day and as my mind was wandering god knows where I accidentally put all my lounging pants in the machine ! And so there I was, bare legged in my kitchen, watching the hypnotic spin of cloth and soap through the glass door and wondering "what now ?" That's when I had a stroke of genius, the stroke.
I rushed into my secondary closet, grabbed my uniqlo french terry sweatshirt and ...
And I'm sure you can guess the rest.
I regret nothing.post #62922 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:17pmpost #62923 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:24pmpost #62924 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:26pmpost #62925 of 1176662/29/12 at 4:27pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Men's Johnston & Murphy McPherson Cap Toed White Size 11.5 Shoes 41 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 41 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 47 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 47 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 47 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...