Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4188post #62806 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62807 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:46ampost #62808 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:47ampost #62809 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:48am
Craze is sick, probably one of the top 5 scratch DJs in the world. If you're into that, George Lenton and Hudson Mohawke are similar - they're all a little too weird to really hit mainstream, but really talented & fun to see. Awesome suit.post #62810 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:52ampost #62811 of 1176662/27/12 at 8:53amQuote:
I'm in the industry but had no idea he was here; best surprised I've ever had. Walking into Answer on a Thursday night to 3 hours of intense scratch.post #62812 of 1176662/27/12 at 10:12ampost #62813 of 1176662/27/12 at 11:19amThanks for the comments on Sunday's fit. I won't make a habit of the action shots - at my age my knees won't take it
Like gdl - I've seen the jean cycle come and go. I think we're definitely heading for more washes and I wouldn't be surprised to see wider legs and higher rises coming back. Personally I don't have a problem with washed out jeans, so long as they look genuinely washed out - strong acid/snow wash jeans will remain on my list of 'fashion shouldn't have even gone there once'...post #62814 of 1176662/27/12 at 11:30ampost #62815 of 1176662/27/12 at 11:36ampost #62816 of 1176662/27/12 at 11:37ampost #62817 of 1176662/27/12 at 11:47ampost #62818 of 1176662/27/12 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Like gdl - I've seen the jean cycle come and go. I think we're definitely heading for more washes and I wouldn't be surprised to see wider legs and higher rises coming back. Personally I don't have a problem with washed out jeans, so long as they look genuinely washed out - strong acid/snow wash jeans will remain on my list of 'fashion shouldn't have even gone there once'...
When I first started lurking SF in 2008, I read a lot of comments that tapered slim jeans were on their way out (so over! been here since 2002!) and wider leg, higher rise was on its way in. 2 of the forum affiliates in particular were vocal about this.
That was premature. Some are doing wide and high, but tapered slim is still with us -- and is probably even more prevalent than before. What emerged as an alternative was drop crotch and even more tapered calf, sort of a carrot fit.
I don't think anyone knows what will happen next, other than it will change. I don't see the Seinfeld look returning anytime soon, which is good because that guy annoys the hell out of me.
Men's fashun moves very slowly, especially the cut. We should be glad for that. Women are encouraged to change their jean cut frequently, regardless of whether it flatters them.post #62819 of 1176662/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #62820 of 1176662/27/12 at 12:58pm@DLester What's also cool is that all of those cuts you mentioned pretty much exist simultaneously depending on the designer + geography of that designer, so nothing has really overtaken anything else. Meaning any one of us can wear wide-leg, carrot, skinny, without ridicule (wellll for the most part).
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1308 Active Users (295 Members and 1013 Guests)
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...