Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4188post #62806 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62807 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:46ampost #62808 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:47ampost #62809 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:48am
Craze is sick, probably one of the top 5 scratch DJs in the world. If you're into that, George Lenton and Hudson Mohawke are similar - they're all a little too weird to really hit mainstream, but really talented & fun to see. Awesome suit.post #62810 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:52ampost #62811 of 1176682/27/12 at 8:53amQuote:
I'm in the industry but had no idea he was here; best surprised I've ever had. Walking into Answer on a Thursday night to 3 hours of intense scratch.post #62812 of 1176682/27/12 at 10:12ampost #62813 of 1176682/27/12 at 11:19amThanks for the comments on Sunday's fit. I won't make a habit of the action shots - at my age my knees won't take it
Like gdl - I've seen the jean cycle come and go. I think we're definitely heading for more washes and I wouldn't be surprised to see wider legs and higher rises coming back. Personally I don't have a problem with washed out jeans, so long as they look genuinely washed out - strong acid/snow wash jeans will remain on my list of 'fashion shouldn't have even gone there once'...post #62814 of 1176682/27/12 at 11:30ampost #62815 of 1176682/27/12 at 11:36ampost #62816 of 1176682/27/12 at 11:37ampost #62817 of 1176682/27/12 at 11:47ampost #62818 of 1176682/27/12 at 12:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by ManofKent
Like gdl - I've seen the jean cycle come and go. I think we're definitely heading for more washes and I wouldn't be surprised to see wider legs and higher rises coming back. Personally I don't have a problem with washed out jeans, so long as they look genuinely washed out - strong acid/snow wash jeans will remain on my list of 'fashion shouldn't have even gone there once'...
When I first started lurking SF in 2008, I read a lot of comments that tapered slim jeans were on their way out (so over! been here since 2002!) and wider leg, higher rise was on its way in. 2 of the forum affiliates in particular were vocal about this.
That was premature. Some are doing wide and high, but tapered slim is still with us -- and is probably even more prevalent than before. What emerged as an alternative was drop crotch and even more tapered calf, sort of a carrot fit.
I don't think anyone knows what will happen next, other than it will change. I don't see the Seinfeld look returning anytime soon, which is good because that guy annoys the hell out of me.
Men's fashun moves very slowly, especially the cut. We should be glad for that. Women are encouraged to change their jean cut frequently, regardless of whether it flatters them.post #62819 of 1176682/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #62820 of 1176682/27/12 at 12:58pm@DLester What's also cool is that all of those cuts you mentioned pretty much exist simultaneously depending on the designer + geography of that designer, so nothing has really overtaken anything else. Meaning any one of us can wear wide-leg, carrot, skinny, without ridicule (wellll for the most part).
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1638 Active Users (370 Members and 1268 Guests)
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 18 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 47 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Cigars 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...