just curious, why is black on black a no go?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4160post #62386 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62387 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
let me see if i can try to save this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)First, I am partial to green sneakers. I think they look really dope if done right.
Read on if you want the details: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Secondly, I am not sure about the hate b/c obviously you have history with posters that I am not aware of not does it matter.
But for the sake of your outfit, I would suggest swamping out the tee for a button down/OCBD -- preferably white to start things off.
Get rid of the hoodie, it is making the leather look really full in the body in a bad way. IF you are really cold, then throw on a different outerwear or layer thinner pieces. You should be able to fit a button down+jumper under that leather without a problem. If not, then you can stop reading here as the leather is too small. At least IMO...
Grey chinos? I would go for something a little more structured if you are looking at chinos. Like actually trousers, wool, no break or .25" (VERY SMALL BREAK). The cut should be a fit fuller as well, try 7.5" - 8" for good measure. I personally would wear some bottoms that are some beat down faded raw denim. I think some beat up faded denim would be cool contrast to the sneaker and give more of an edge along with the leather.
that said, i think everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because you don't quite know when to stop chit chatting and just listen. you don't have to address back every single post... sit back and enjoy. it's a learning process that I myself am still studying
the chinos are green, i have some apc new cures but i dont think they look good with rafstros
an ocbd with rafstros?post #62388 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:18ampost #62389 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:21ampost #62390 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:23ampost #62391 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:28ampost #62392 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:31ampost #62393 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
I don't know why, but I'm liking this a lot more than your most recent fits.
Very nice color on the Trickers, btw. Goes perfect with the rest.
Is the tie the same color as the coat? Would maybe change it if so.post #62394 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:20pmpost #62395 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Thanks - Tie is definitely brown against the green coat.post #62396 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:48pm
just there's no contrast between the shirt and cardi (the same could be said for most any colors) unless you're going for some monochromatic style that would then rely much more on the materials and textures to differentiate the pieces. it's just more problematic with black because it is so severe. and as already has been stated you end up looking like a bartender, funeral attendee, gangster or perhaps a freaky mortician!post #62397 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:57pmpost #62398 of 1176662/21/12 at 1:01pmpost #62399 of 1176662/21/12 at 1:09pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1213 Active Users (238 Members and 975 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Wesco Boots! 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 17 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?