just curious, why is black on black a no go?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4160post #62386 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62387 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
let me see if i can try to save this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)First, I am partial to green sneakers. I think they look really dope if done right.
Read on if you want the details: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Secondly, I am not sure about the hate b/c obviously you have history with posters that I am not aware of not does it matter.
But for the sake of your outfit, I would suggest swamping out the tee for a button down/OCBD -- preferably white to start things off.
Get rid of the hoodie, it is making the leather look really full in the body in a bad way. IF you are really cold, then throw on a different outerwear or layer thinner pieces. You should be able to fit a button down+jumper under that leather without a problem. If not, then you can stop reading here as the leather is too small. At least IMO...
Grey chinos? I would go for something a little more structured if you are looking at chinos. Like actually trousers, wool, no break or .25" (VERY SMALL BREAK). The cut should be a fit fuller as well, try 7.5" - 8" for good measure. I personally would wear some bottoms that are some beat down faded raw denim. I think some beat up faded denim would be cool contrast to the sneaker and give more of an edge along with the leather.
that said, i think everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because you don't quite know when to stop chit chatting and just listen. you don't have to address back every single post... sit back and enjoy. it's a learning process that I myself am still studying
the chinos are green, i have some apc new cures but i dont think they look good with rafstros
an ocbd with rafstros?post #62388 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:18ampost #62389 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:21ampost #62390 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:23ampost #62391 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:28ampost #62392 of 1176682/21/12 at 11:31ampost #62393 of 1176682/21/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
I don't know why, but I'm liking this a lot more than your most recent fits.
Very nice color on the Trickers, btw. Goes perfect with the rest.
Is the tie the same color as the coat? Would maybe change it if so.post #62394 of 1176682/21/12 at 12:20pmpost #62395 of 1176682/21/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Thanks - Tie is definitely brown against the green coat.post #62396 of 1176682/21/12 at 12:48pm
just there's no contrast between the shirt and cardi (the same could be said for most any colors) unless you're going for some monochromatic style that would then rely much more on the materials and textures to differentiate the pieces. it's just more problematic with black because it is so severe. and as already has been stated you end up looking like a bartender, funeral attendee, gangster or perhaps a freaky mortician!post #62397 of 1176682/21/12 at 12:57pmpost #62398 of 1176682/21/12 at 1:01pmpost #62399 of 1176682/21/12 at 1:09pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1810 Active Users (444 Members and 1366 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 52 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...