just curious, why is black on black a no go?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Today at 12:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4160post #62386 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:16ampost #62387 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
let me see if i can try to save this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)First, I am partial to green sneakers. I think they look really dope if done right.
Read on if you want the details: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Secondly, I am not sure about the hate b/c obviously you have history with posters that I am not aware of not does it matter.
But for the sake of your outfit, I would suggest swamping out the tee for a button down/OCBD -- preferably white to start things off.
Get rid of the hoodie, it is making the leather look really full in the body in a bad way. IF you are really cold, then throw on a different outerwear or layer thinner pieces. You should be able to fit a button down+jumper under that leather without a problem. If not, then you can stop reading here as the leather is too small. At least IMO...
Grey chinos? I would go for something a little more structured if you are looking at chinos. Like actually trousers, wool, no break or .25" (VERY SMALL BREAK). The cut should be a fit fuller as well, try 7.5" - 8" for good measure. I personally would wear some bottoms that are some beat down faded raw denim. I think some beat up faded denim would be cool contrast to the sneaker and give more of an edge along with the leather.
that said, i think everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because you don't quite know when to stop chit chatting and just listen. you don't have to address back every single post... sit back and enjoy. it's a learning process that I myself am still studying
the chinos are green, i have some apc new cures but i dont think they look good with rafstros
an ocbd with rafstros?post #62388 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:18ampost #62389 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:21ampost #62390 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:23ampost #62391 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:28ampost #62392 of 1176662/21/12 at 11:31ampost #62393 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
I don't know why, but I'm liking this a lot more than your most recent fits.
Very nice color on the Trickers, btw. Goes perfect with the rest.
Is the tie the same color as the coat? Would maybe change it if so.post #62394 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:20pmpost #62395 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:39pmQuote:
Thanks - Tie is definitely brown against the green coat.post #62396 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:48pm
just there's no contrast between the shirt and cardi (the same could be said for most any colors) unless you're going for some monochromatic style that would then rely much more on the materials and textures to differentiate the pieces. it's just more problematic with black because it is so severe. and as already has been stated you end up looking like a bartender, funeral attendee, gangster or perhaps a freaky mortician!post #62397 of 1176662/21/12 at 12:57pmpost #62398 of 1176662/21/12 at 1:01pmpost #62399 of 1176662/21/12 at 1:09pmpost #62400 of 1176662/21/12 at 1:25pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1345 Active Users (295 Members and 1050 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding