Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4093
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, you look like a mannequin.
2-3 months old, just tend to wear them a little higher than normal, though not as high as they seem to have crept up in the photo. And yea, I'm really, really pale. Red hair, fair skin, living in Scandinavia for 3 years and then moving to Seattle leads to corpse-status apparently.
Liam, with this outfit, I can see the student editor of my HS paper wearing this circa the late 90's. I can also picture a young professional in the field of accounting wearing this same outfit.
I think that is why you are getting that kind of reception here because the outfit is dated and too classic for a Streetwear and Denim palate.
I personally think your outfit looks fine. All the pieces are classic sportswear, it's got an element of luxe from the leather jacket, it's got a play of textures and color ( grey tweed, blue shirt and denim, a pop of bright red necktie), and a relaxed and nonchalant feeling to it that I find very attractive.
Even though your fits might be dated or classic, what carries them is that luckily you have a good looking face and you are in good shape so to exemplify that " the man makes the clothes " and not the other way around. Don't even bother responding to these try-hard trolls in this thread coz you never gonna win with them
It's kind of like he tried to take every piece that is supposed to make you a cool guy and put it all together. I mean this in the nicest way possible. Like Wally's are cool, the pants are good if they lost the crease, but it's all downhill after there. Casual tie is stupid, especially in bright red. and paired with the tweed vest and leather jacket and a nicer shirt ahhhhhh you look like you tried to rip off a ralph lauren ad but got it all wrong.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Great Cascadia Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)