or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3933  

post #58981 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

I've only really been to Boston, which is a nice city, though I prefer New York. No need to apologize to me about the comment. I was just joking (I hoped the exclamation point would make that clear). I don't get offended by generalizations about the U.S., especially online. I've heard much worse. I once had a guy yell at me that George W. Bush was worse than Hitler—and this guy was German! This occurred in Brazil, where everyone listened to American music and wore Levi's while denouncing the U.S. It's a complicated world.

Yes, it is a complicated and hypocritical world.
America bashing is a cool-people hobby. But the truth is the average American is a lot less prejudiced and a lot less hypocritical. French are the worst, followed very closely by Spanish. the most racist, the most hypocritical. But France is over-run with North Africans and has a very serious mal-integration problem, but that is their own doing. Other places aren't so fucked up. Germans aren't too bad. I lived in Germany and it's all about America envy. I can't wait to see France get crippled with debt...I'll open vintage Dom Perignon to rejoice...
And yes, everybody listens to American music and wears American clothes and eats American style food and watches American movies (sub-titled) and tries to look like Brangelina or Matt Damon....
Brazil? That's a shithole, lol...their opinion don't count.
post #58982 of 117668
So pro keds y/n?

(I'm not fat, I'm just big boned!!)
post #58983 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

I stand corrected. Fight the good fight cold snap. K/D ratio goes up exponentially with each manboob.

Are qualifying man-boobs capped at two, or can Jabba-like protrusions increase the total to a hypothetical infinity?
post #58984 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Are qualifying man-boobs capped at two, or can Jabba-like protrusions increase the total to a hypothetical infinity?

Hypothetical infinity is possible, manboob cup size is a definite factor in the exponential increase of skill level.
post #58985 of 117668
I think this was discussed a bit here last week, someone made a comment about how people here need to work out. There's a lot of members here that don't have the body genetics to be inactive and yet still look good. Skinny people with small shoulders and no drop to their hips ect. I saw Rick Owens say that if you want stuff to look good on you, you have to work out. But then hedi slimane stated that there is no room for muscular people in fashion you either look like a skinny model or a chippendales. That being said I have shitty genetics which is why I'm trying to change my body type.
post #58986 of 117668
That and the fact that people with 28-inch waists feel comfortable telling people with 34-inch waists to lose weight even when it has nothing to do with fitness or amount of body fat.

These women are all the same weight:

article-2071870-0F1C048F00000578-32_634x399.jpg

Sadly not everyone does or can look like this in jeans:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

LvLss.jpg
post #58987 of 117668
you guys are acting like there is no middle ground between notwithit and coldsnap. even if you don't have the genetics to be skinny and not work out, you don't have to look like a power lifting, and will probably look better in most clothes if you don't.
post #58988 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Unsure about these Keds Pro I bough for $35. I like the heavy canvas and the wax laces. Pants look like they need to be hemmed but I'm waiting on the stacks to settle, still a new pair of jeans, then going to make a decision weather to hem or stack.
IMG_2183.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_2185.jpg

Get on dat clen.

Can have high lifts and still stay fairly lean.
post #58989 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

I've only really been to Boston, which is a nice city, though I prefer New York. No need to apologize to me about the comment. I was just joking (I hoped the exclamation point would make that clear). I don't get offended by generalizations about the U.S., especially online. I've heard much worse. I once had a guy yell at me that George W. Bush was worse than Hitler—and this guy was German! This occurred in Brazil, where everyone listened to American music and wore Levi's while denouncing the U.S. It's a complicated world.

Yes, it is a complicated and hypocritical world.
America bashing is a cool-people hobby. But the truth is the average American is a lot less prejudiced and a lot less hypocritical. French are the worst, followed very closely by Spanish. the most racist, the most hypocritical. But France is over-run with North Africans and has a very serious mal-integration problem, but that is their own doing. Other places aren't so fucked up. Germans aren't too bad. I lived in Germany and it's all about America envy. I can't wait to see France get crippled with debt...I'll open vintage Dom Perignon to rejoice...
And yes, everybody listens to American music and wears American clothes and eats American style food and watches American movies (sub-titled) and tries to look like Brangelina or Matt Damon....
Brazil? That's a shithole, lol...their opinion don't count.

lol8[1].gif I witnessed this once as a french du said something to this old guy only to have "if it wasn't for me and my generation, you'd have a bratwurst in your ass". The old guy was one of the first soldiers to land on Omaha beach. I went out of my way to shake that mans hand
post #58990 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Ha, that's funny because I though I resemble Robbie before I posted it. Except I have a rather large pomp...
Yea, I power lift. I am barrel chested because of that and my posture, the shirt hangs fine from the chest down.

Be that as it may, burn the shirt. It's creating/accentuating man boobs + gut without even making the arms look too swole. If you're barrel-chested and have muscle on you, a looser shirt wouldn't entirely cloak that, which is what I think some guys fear when they shimmy into those extra medium tees.
post #58991 of 117668
Right now any shirt does that, I'm in a transition phase and just embracing it.
post #58992 of 117668
Just woundering since you said you powerlifted what lifts you've got?
post #58993 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post

Yes, it is a complicated and hypocritical world.
America bashing is a cool-people hobby. But the truth is the average American is a lot less prejudiced and a lot less hypocritical. French are the worst, followed very closely by Spanish. the most racist, the most hypocritical. But France is over-run with North Africans and has a very serious mal-integration problem, but that is their own doing. Other places aren't so fucked up. Germans aren't too bad. I lived in Germany and it's all about America envy. I can't wait to see France get crippled with debt...I'll open vintage Dom Perignon to rejoice...
And yes, everybody listens to American music and wears American clothes and eats American style food and watches American movies (sub-titled) and tries to look like Brangelina or Matt Damon....
Brazil? That's a shithole, lol...their opinion don't count.

Oh, but I think I would rather be in Brazil than Greece right now. Rio is not the mess it used to be, as long as you don't live in the favela, and fewer people do these days (Sao Paulo is still struggling; my cousin just moved away because she was tired of being robbed). Whether that will last remains to be seen.
post #58994 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

you guys are acting like there is no middle ground between notwithit and coldsnap. even if you don't have the genetics to be skinny and not work out, you don't have to look like a power lifting, and will probably look better in most clothes if you don't.

FWIW, I work out 5 - 6 days a week, and I don't like fried foods, sweets, or heavy dairy products.

I'm still not entirely sure this explains how or why I've maintained the same approximate weight and build since I was a lwt. rower in college (I graduated in aught-four), but I doubt I'd look like this if I sat on my ass eating Krispy Kremes all day (not saying that anyone here does that). Looking at the rest of my family, it's not like they're particularly lean or in any way athletic.
post #58995 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Just woundering since you said you powerlifted what lifts you've got?

At 160lbs I have a 270lb deadlift, 250 squat, 128 press, bench I haven't taken a one rep max yet. My numbers are nothing good but like I said four months ago I was a 145 lb weakling and I'm really happy where I'm at. I also cycle and do yoga on my days off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread