or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3832

post #57466 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Why is the Bless hooded coat such a piece of legends on this forum? Always been curious

look at it from the back as well.
i missed out on the same version but i dont think it would look good on a short dude like me. scott m had one and sold it (im a tad taller tho)
post #57467 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

look at it from the back as well.
i missed out on the same version but i dont think it would look good on a short dude like me. scott m had one and sold it (im a tad taller tho)

I mean, the shape and drape of the piece is really great, but not necessarily better than SS's wool overcoats from this season. Is the fabric amazing? Are there crazy details I can't see?
post #57468 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

472
excuse the hat, my hair is a mess

Nice fucking coat. and shirt and fit. very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

You are correct. The sleeves were too long and it has working buttons so finding a tailor that was willing (and able) to shorten it from the shoulders was a pain in the ass. I brought it to one place and the sales associate laughed at me said the tailoring would cost more than what the jacket was worth. I wanted to bitch slap the ignorance out of him.


I don't get why designers don't just leave the sleeves unhemmed and include the buttons. People are paying that much for the clothes anyway, don't you think they'd want to get the fit right?

It's such a bitch of an alteration - the sleeves usually have to be recut too if it has any type of shape to it.

Although one my margiela blazer i'm really happy that a tailor refused to do it. I'd subscribed to the MC school of "show 1 inch cuff", which i now think looks terrible, so lucky i didn't find a tailor who could shorten them
post #57469 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I mean, the shape and drape of the piece is really great, but not necessarily better than SS's wool overcoats from this season. Is the fabric amazing? Are there crazy details I can't see?


i think its a twill.

minimalism at its best
post #57470 of 115989
g transistor and artishard making me eat my words about WAYWT getting stale.

I thought g transistor had a WAYWT fit a long ways back with that blackwatch coat that PinkPanster owned (Hickey, I think). That was why I was one of the few people who wasn't all "lol wut" when g recently mentioned he's Asian.
post #57471 of 115989
2la906d.jpg
post #57472 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

look at it from the back as well.
i missed out on the same version but i dont think it would look good on a short dude like me. scott m had one and sold it (im a tad taller tho)


the single pleat in the back turns me off from the hoodcoat completely -- i ahven't seen details but im gonna assume its in the fabric choice and seamwork
post #57473 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I don't get why designers don't just leave the sleeves unhemmed and include the buttons. People are paying that much for the clothes anyway, don't you think they'd want to get the fit right?
It's such a bitch of an alteration - the sleeves usually have to be recut too if it has any type of shape to it.
Although one my margiela blazer i'm really happy that a tailor refused to do it. I'd subscribed to the MC school of "show 1 inch cuff", which i now think looks terrible, so lucky i didn't find a tailor who could shorten them

Yeah, I don't really know. I bought it online and was unaware of the "feature" otherwise I probably would have passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post

the single pleat in the back turns me off from the hoodcoat completely -- i ahven't seen details but im gonna assume its in the fabric choice and seamwork

Really?

For a modern piece, a single pleat is far more appropriate than a double.
post #57474 of 115989
post #57475 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Some great fits here lately. Hard to follow up. But hey, somebody's got to break the chain.
505
Closeup/textures
467
Was wearing this to last night's christmas party. Had originally planned to wear a red shirt, but the collar didn't work with the tie. Too big.

Is it just me being a noob or does that sweater make the tie look super insubstantial and wimpy...? Nice cardigan either way.
post #57476 of 115989
thanks for the kind words, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

g transistor and artishard making me eat my words about WAYWT getting stale.
I thought g transistor had a WAYWT fit a long ways back with that blackwatch coat that PinkPanster owned (Hickey, I think). That was why I was one of the few people who wasn't all "lol wut" when g recently mentioned he's Asian.

I think I know what pic you're talking about, don't remember posting it though. Man that would've been a long time ago if I did, crazy that you remember. That actually may have been my first but I can't seem to find my post though, the photo willy commented was a goofy halloween thing. I miss having longish hair that I can do stuff with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

bless pics here:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w67313167

You should get...an M in the black wool would probably do great for you. I don't think I am too much taller than you
post #57477 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

bless pics here:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w67313167

Awww yea that does look pretty nice...I think I'd still prefer an SS merino wool coat tho
post #57478 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

great to see g transistor post. first _yoo, now g...sipang are you next??

bless coat fits really good.

now now, don't get too greedy even though it's festivus christmas. I am still the only one to have laid eyes on the legend that is the sip-san. in fact, I was there when he was born, a glorious day when songs were sung, santa agatha will always be known for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Why is the Bless hooded coat such a piece of legends on this forum? Always been curious

look at it from the back as well.
i missed out on the same version but i dont think it would look good on a short dude like me. scott m had one and sold it (im a tad taller tho)

because it's ridiculous. snow, if you have the opportunity to get one, do it. it will not be too long for you. if I find out you had a chance and didn't go for it, I will have to come to GTA and give you a stern wagging of the finger in front of your vine !
post #57479 of 115989
Love the hoodcoat, will own one someday in wool xxl (0).
post #57480 of 115989
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


i'm on tcwalter's niggalist, which I hope is not a hit list
263

tcwalter has other things to worry about. The narcos want their tree back. No point hiding it with the Christmas trees. You can run but can't hide from em narcos. There arm is long. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread