Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3828post #57406 of 11766812/19/11 at 10:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57407 of 11766812/19/11 at 10:42ampost #57408 of 11766812/19/11 at 10:49ampost #57409 of 11766812/19/11 at 10:56ampost #57410 of 11766812/19/11 at 10:59amQuote:
haha, thanks. I hope everyone enjoys my bootcut 7FAM jeans featured heavily throughout...post #57411 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:01amQuote:
Snowman, before I start...yes, there is definitely a touch of the Basilicato or Calabrese peasant to you...but that's no insult, is it? I must say what I see...if I describe Ivrii's fit as "Behold! A Japanese princess!", members will think I'm nuts...
Now for your fit...O Madonna!
At least you are not bursting at the seems like Reedobandito, so I think you actually can afford to buy things and can choose which items to buy and at what size...you just don't buy whatever's on sale and force it onto yourself with 3200psi of pulling...
The colour scheme is good...black is never wrong. The problem is the shapes--and it ruins everything. The bottom half is stormtropper...right down to the military looking pants tucked into what look like army boots...The top is not that awful....the shirt and the sweater are actually quite nice, and sized perfectly...the texture on the sweater is military again, so I assume you are going for some sort of military look...but the jacket is bizarre and horribly misshapen. What it all adds up to a cartoonish, horribly sinister blob on the horizon...almost ape-like...maybe even demonic as Tweenspirit pointed out...the thing is you are classically proportioned, and nice clean lines will look very GQ on you...
your thyrso (base of your vine tree) is still not covered! This is a clothing forum, and it must be freezing cold there! You can just tie a piece of cloth or even piece of tinsel around it, just symbolically...In the pagan mythology, when the thyrso--who had asked for so little and given so much--was left unclothed...Dionyso himself came down and "clothed" it with his arm...whence it dripped with milk and honey...post #57412 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:03ampost #57413 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:06ampost #57414 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:07ampost #57415 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:07ampost #57416 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:15ampost #57417 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:16am
Oh, and because people will probably be wondering, I ended up buying the Fiat from my friend Brandon about a year or so after we made this film.
edit: and if anyone is unfamiliar with the original BBC show we modeled this after, you should really check it out: www.topgear.com and you can download torrents here: www.finalgear.com. A couple years after we made this, they started a US version that currently airs on History Channel but I have found it mostly unwatchable.post #57418 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:18ampost #57419 of 11766812/19/11 at 11:19am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › MC General Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Shoe Care) Controversy over cross-usage of shoe creams 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 32 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 35 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...