Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3828post #57406 of 11766612/19/11 at 10:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57407 of 11766612/19/11 at 10:42ampost #57408 of 11766612/19/11 at 10:49ampost #57409 of 11766612/19/11 at 10:56ampost #57410 of 11766612/19/11 at 10:59amQuote:
haha, thanks. I hope everyone enjoys my bootcut 7FAM jeans featured heavily throughout...post #57411 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:01amQuote:
Snowman, before I start...yes, there is definitely a touch of the Basilicato or Calabrese peasant to you...but that's no insult, is it? I must say what I see...if I describe Ivrii's fit as "Behold! A Japanese princess!", members will think I'm nuts...
Now for your fit...O Madonna!
At least you are not bursting at the seems like Reedobandito, so I think you actually can afford to buy things and can choose which items to buy and at what size...you just don't buy whatever's on sale and force it onto yourself with 3200psi of pulling...
The colour scheme is good...black is never wrong. The problem is the shapes--and it ruins everything. The bottom half is stormtropper...right down to the military looking pants tucked into what look like army boots...The top is not that awful....the shirt and the sweater are actually quite nice, and sized perfectly...the texture on the sweater is military again, so I assume you are going for some sort of military look...but the jacket is bizarre and horribly misshapen. What it all adds up to a cartoonish, horribly sinister blob on the horizon...almost ape-like...maybe even demonic as Tweenspirit pointed out...the thing is you are classically proportioned, and nice clean lines will look very GQ on you...
your thyrso (base of your vine tree) is still not covered! This is a clothing forum, and it must be freezing cold there! You can just tie a piece of cloth or even piece of tinsel around it, just symbolically...In the pagan mythology, when the thyrso--who had asked for so little and given so much--was left unclothed...Dionyso himself came down and "clothed" it with his arm...whence it dripped with milk and honey...post #57412 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:03ampost #57413 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:06ampost #57414 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:07ampost #57415 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:07ampost #57416 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:15ampost #57417 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:16am
Oh, and because people will probably be wondering, I ended up buying the Fiat from my friend Brandon about a year or so after we made this film.
edit: and if anyone is unfamiliar with the original BBC show we modeled this after, you should really check it out: www.topgear.com and you can download torrents here: www.finalgear.com. A couple years after we made this, they started a US version that currently airs on History Channel but I have found it mostly unwatchable.post #57418 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:18ampost #57419 of 11766612/19/11 at 11:19am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?