Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3822
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57317 of 11766812/18/11 at 3:03amThread Starterpost #57318 of 11766812/18/11 at 4:07amThread Starterpost #57319 of 11766812/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Yes, it is a compliment. If you're a straight man, being cruised by a gay man = being checked out by a girl at a bar.
The latent and blatant homophobia on this site is really weird -- SF is about obsessing about the way you dress and look, which are traditionally "gay" things to worry about...
IMO it's because a lot of posters are really young and live in the suburbs/small towns etc. Once you get a little older and take on the responsibilities of adulthood, like holding a job, raising a family, paying rent or mortgage, feeding yourself -- your worldview will change.post #57320 of 11766812/18/11 at 5:49ampost #57321 of 11766812/18/11 at 6:11amQuote:
I don't believe so, as pointed out by many great art works, including forum favorite American Psycho. It is a traditional stereotype, though...maybe that's what you meant?post #57322 of 11766812/18/11 at 9:19ampost #57323 of 11766812/18/11 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
i 've gone through that thread before it's you zooming sequentially into the fabric as if to suppose the perspective of an ant, what would it say walking around on your garments ??
but being outside the realm of the circus that is swd, i would not get to share the joys with our brethren here and instead be subject to suits and mc shoes overandoverandoverandoverandover again -- what would they think of boiled polyester or destroyed ram leather or gauzy wool or linen-over-leather boots !?!?!
They is MC? I don't know, but if I had stuff like that, I'd take pics.post #57324 of 11766812/18/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #57325 of 11766812/18/11 at 10:35ampost #57326 of 11766812/18/11 at 10:46ampost #57327 of 11766812/18/11 at 11:13ampost #57328 of 11766812/18/11 at 11:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
No-this guy was sitting there with his girlfriend, wearing clothing that barely deserved the title, when I walked by. He said that I looked cute, not as a compliment from one gay man to another potentially-gay man, but as a sarcastic insult of the fact that I had obviously put some thought into my obviously-more-expensive-than-his clothing. He was establishing that he is a better man than I because he doesn't care about his looks, that his disregard for civility puts him above me. It was most definitely not a compliment.
Maybe because you were wearing cumbia dancing boots and a scarf over your shirt?
Shah, do you have a recipe for dat drink?post #57329 of 11766812/18/11 at 11:35amhello King ~ it's just chai ("masala chai" or spiced tea) you can find 1001 different ways of making it -- easiest is just some cinnamon, sugar, cardamom pods, tea leaves, boiling water, milk
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina 757 Split Toe in Brown Scotchgrain - 8UK Forest 5 minutes ago
- › Beautiful isaia Blue Gray Birdseye Suit 40S Custom Bespoke 5 minutes ago
- › Hand Made Ercoles Bespoke Sport Jackets 40R/S 5 minutes ago
- › New Bontoni Concero Suede Size 44-Amazing Quality 5 minutes ago
- › New Bontoni Savearese II- Beautiful 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos Napoli Long Sleeve Polo, Size XXL (fits XL) 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli Basketweave Cardigan - Navy - Large 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...