Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3822post #57317 of 11766612/18/11 at 3:03amThread Starterpost #57318 of 11766612/18/11 at 4:07amThread Starterpost #57319 of 11766612/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Yes, it is a compliment. If you're a straight man, being cruised by a gay man = being checked out by a girl at a bar.
The latent and blatant homophobia on this site is really weird -- SF is about obsessing about the way you dress and look, which are traditionally "gay" things to worry about...
IMO it's because a lot of posters are really young and live in the suburbs/small towns etc. Once you get a little older and take on the responsibilities of adulthood, like holding a job, raising a family, paying rent or mortgage, feeding yourself -- your worldview will change.post #57320 of 11766612/18/11 at 5:49ampost #57321 of 11766612/18/11 at 6:11amQuote:
I don't believe so, as pointed out by many great art works, including forum favorite American Psycho. It is a traditional stereotype, though...maybe that's what you meant?post #57322 of 11766612/18/11 at 9:19ampost #57323 of 11766612/18/11 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
i 've gone through that thread before it's you zooming sequentially into the fabric as if to suppose the perspective of an ant, what would it say walking around on your garments ??
but being outside the realm of the circus that is swd, i would not get to share the joys with our brethren here and instead be subject to suits and mc shoes overandoverandoverandoverandover again -- what would they think of boiled polyester or destroyed ram leather or gauzy wool or linen-over-leather boots !?!?!
They is MC? I don't know, but if I had stuff like that, I'd take pics.post #57324 of 11766612/18/11 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #57325 of 11766612/18/11 at 10:35ampost #57326 of 11766612/18/11 at 10:46ampost #57327 of 11766612/18/11 at 11:13ampost #57328 of 11766612/18/11 at 11:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
No-this guy was sitting there with his girlfriend, wearing clothing that barely deserved the title, when I walked by. He said that I looked cute, not as a compliment from one gay man to another potentially-gay man, but as a sarcastic insult of the fact that I had obviously put some thought into my obviously-more-expensive-than-his clothing. He was establishing that he is a better man than I because he doesn't care about his looks, that his disregard for civility puts him above me. It was most definitely not a compliment.
Maybe because you were wearing cumbia dancing boots and a scarf over your shirt?
Shah, do you have a recipe for dat drink?post #57329 of 11766612/18/11 at 11:35amhello King ~ it's just chai ("masala chai" or spiced tea) you can find 1001 different ways of making it -- easiest is just some cinnamon, sugar, cardamom pods, tea leaves, boiling water, milk
--Shahpost #57330 of 11766612/18/11 at 11:49am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Shoe Clear Out!!! 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Batch - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...