yes, that happens to me at least every other day.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3747post #56191 of 11766812/6/11 at 6:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #56192 of 11766812/6/11 at 6:59pmpost #56193 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:00pmpost #56194 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:02pmpost #56195 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:04pmpost #56196 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:04pmpost #56197 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:06pmpost #56198 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:06pmpost #56199 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:07pmpost #56200 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #56201 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Slowing coming to the conclusion that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Therefore, this post will have several fits all featuring the same w+h OCBD and Buttero boots. Looking for feedback to see what (if anything is working) and what parts of the silhouette need work.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. APC NS w/o tuck2. APC NS w/ tuck (yes, I fucked up and wore a black belt with brown boots, my bad) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)2a. APC NS w/ tuck and blazer. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)3. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/o tuck Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)4. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/ tuck Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)5. BB twill Milano fit trousers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)5a. BB twill Milano fit Trousers w/ Blazer Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)6. Filson whipcord pant Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Just for comic relief, this photo showcased "zombie eyes" better than any of the others. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have your pants pulled up too high in all these photos, but honestly the biggest offender is the camera angle. The waist-high-looking-up view is probably adding about 20 pounds and throwing everything off, so it's hard to say for sure. I think a belt + pulling pants down about an inch and tucking any of those shirts in would be fine. Lose the undershirt though.
Bows that top half is my favorite thing I've seen in waywt. I'm so pissed the corner sale sold out of that sweater before I heard about it .post #56202 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:26pmpost #56203 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:38pm
wish this was above the pic, i stared for 12 minutes wondering if you went cross-eyed since last fit. you're still my handsome bandit fit would be better if you wore pants rather than sprayed your legs blue but never mind, the clarks aldens gonna look good cant wait to see you break them in
lol sipang's comment ...post #56204 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
1) Boots are awesome, nice pick up
2) I think the shirt needs work. Honestly, it looks pretty thin and formless for an oxford shirt. I think Gitman would be perfect for you since it's thicker with a nice but not too slim shape, but if that's isn't an option get the body tailored so there isn't so much free fabric.
3) Wear your pants lower. The proportions are off right now.
Overall, I like the white/grey/brown look the best!Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by bubba04
I think the white shirt is the biggest offender in all of the above fits.... In the two fits where you have your shirt tucked in, it looks like your pants are pulled too high up. Proportions seem off somehow.... With all that said, combination strictly of boots and each of those pants looks good.
Thx for the feedback. I tried to put a side by side comparison where the denim is worn lower for comparison. I would never be able to keep a shirt tucked in if I wore my pants this low, so I'd have to stick with the untuck.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #56205 of 11766812/6/11 at 7:40pmQuote:Nice MMMs. What are they actually?Quote:Wait...wouldn't a higher rise throw your proportions further out of whack, adding length to your lower half and visually shortening your torso? I usually wear mid-rise, tops, and I wear my shirts untucked so I don't appear to have emu dimensions. I am confuse.Originally Posted by aether
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)no alleviation needed. to death with stacks; they're just not for me. fucks with the silhouette. And my style verges more towards tailored, so stacks dont jive.I'm 6'2ish and more than 50% of me is legs, so I'm not sure if hobbit legs is an accurate assessment. like I said, I've started to go for pants with a higher rise in order to balance out my top and bottom. but different strokes for different blokes!
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Dress in Academia 32 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Where to buy: Mother of Pearl Studs 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...