yes, that happens to me at least every other day.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3747post #56191 of 11766612/6/11 at 6:58pmpost #56192 of 11766612/6/11 at 6:59pmpost #56193 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:00pmpost #56194 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:02pmpost #56195 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:04pmpost #56196 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:04pmpost #56197 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:06pmpost #56198 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:06pmpost #56199 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:07pmpost #56200 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:23pmpost #56201 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Slowing coming to the conclusion that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Therefore, this post will have several fits all featuring the same w+h OCBD and Buttero boots. Looking for feedback to see what (if anything is working) and what parts of the silhouette need work.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. APC NS w/o tuck2. APC NS w/ tuck (yes, I fucked up and wore a black belt with brown boots, my bad) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)2a. APC NS w/ tuck and blazer. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)3. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/o tuck Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)4. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/ tuck Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)5. BB twill Milano fit trousers Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)5a. BB twill Milano fit Trousers w/ Blazer Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)6. Filson whipcord pant Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Just for comic relief, this photo showcased "zombie eyes" better than any of the others. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have your pants pulled up too high in all these photos, but honestly the biggest offender is the camera angle. The waist-high-looking-up view is probably adding about 20 pounds and throwing everything off, so it's hard to say for sure. I think a belt + pulling pants down about an inch and tucking any of those shirts in would be fine. Lose the undershirt though.
Bows that top half is my favorite thing I've seen in waywt. I'm so pissed the corner sale sold out of that sweater before I heard about it .post #56202 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:26pmpost #56203 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:38pm
wish this was above the pic, i stared for 12 minutes wondering if you went cross-eyed since last fit. you're still my handsome bandit fit would be better if you wore pants rather than sprayed your legs blue but never mind, the clarks aldens gonna look good cant wait to see you break them in
lol sipang's comment ...post #56204 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
1) Boots are awesome, nice pick up
2) I think the shirt needs work. Honestly, it looks pretty thin and formless for an oxford shirt. I think Gitman would be perfect for you since it's thicker with a nice but not too slim shape, but if that's isn't an option get the body tailored so there isn't so much free fabric.
3) Wear your pants lower. The proportions are off right now.
Overall, I like the white/grey/brown look the best!Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by bubba04
I think the white shirt is the biggest offender in all of the above fits.... In the two fits where you have your shirt tucked in, it looks like your pants are pulled too high up. Proportions seem off somehow.... With all that said, combination strictly of boots and each of those pants looks good.
Thx for the feedback. I tried to put a side by side comparison where the denim is worn lower for comparison. I would never be able to keep a shirt tucked in if I wore my pants this low, so I'd have to stick with the untuck.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #56205 of 11766612/6/11 at 7:40pmQuote:Nice MMMs. What are they actually?Quote:Wait...wouldn't a higher rise throw your proportions further out of whack, adding length to your lower half and visually shortening your torso? I usually wear mid-rise, tops, and I wear my shirts untucked so I don't appear to have emu dimensions. I am confuse.Originally Posted by aether
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)no alleviation needed. to death with stacks; they're just not for me. fucks with the silhouette. And my style verges more towards tailored, so stacks dont jive.I'm 6'2ish and more than 50% of me is legs, so I'm not sure if hobbit legs is an accurate assessment. like I said, I've started to go for pants with a higher rise in order to balance out my top and bottom. but different strokes for different blokes!
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 2 minutes ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 2 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › What are the rules on wearing odd trousers that have... 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...