please don't do this they're boots. Not everything is meant to have a flat sole. Embrace the heel.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 3474
Styleforum Top Pickspost #52097 of 11766810/12/11 at 4:25pmpost #52098 of 11766810/12/11 at 4:37pmpost #52099 of 11766810/12/11 at 4:39pmpost #52100 of 11766810/12/11 at 4:43pmpost #52101 of 11766810/12/11 at 5:01pm
a better comparison would be tailoring a shirt when it's giant in the shoulders in the first place. if it's too big, it's too big. if tailoring it will totally fuck up the proportions, then don't do it.post #52102 of 11766810/12/11 at 5:46pmQuote:
My Mom is a tailoress...and she said the same thing.
If a shirt is too large in the shoulders, no matter now nicely it fits around the waist--it's too big. Go down a size. Tailoring will just fuck it up.
Shirts come in different sizes so that tailors have more free time.post #52103 of 11766810/12/11 at 6:37pmQuote:
YES, exactly this. The entire last of the boot is designed with that heel shape in mind. I'm not of the opinion that you can just chop the heel later and have it not look fucked up.post #52104 of 11766810/12/11 at 7:35pmdid you guys even look at the original post? I said that the cobbler will know HOW MUCH IT CAN BE REDUCED WITHOUT NEGATIVELY EFFECTING THE STANCE.
notwithit said he's had the boot for years. Maybe he doesn't wanna go drop penny on a new pair but would like to have a slimmer profile? what the fuck is wrong with that? reducing the heel is a perfectly good and affordable option. The cobbler will tell him how much can be taken off and then he'll decide for himself if it's worth it or not.post #52105 of 11766810/12/11 at 7:55pmI prefer boots with a substantial heel. You may or may not, but consider that in this case the pic of the boots is so dark that we can hardly see how big the fuckin heel is.
Notwithit, please post a clearer pic of the boots so we can assess whether the heel makes you look like a man or butchy girl. I am guessing that it looks just fine.post #52106 of 11766810/12/11 at 7:56pmpost #52107 of 11766810/12/11 at 7:57pmpost #52108 of 11766810/12/11 at 8:01pmpost #52109 of 11766810/12/11 at 8:01pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1557 Active Users (435 Members and 1122 Guests)
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 40 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...