or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 2237  

post #33541 of 117668
dat drape
post #33542 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ24 View Post
+1.

+99. Awesome fit PinkPantser.
post #33543 of 117668
More love for PP.

Bows1 also looking good. Cute girl
post #33544 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I just think that right now it and the MC equivalent bring out the worst in less discerning minds.
Jesus. Fuuma, you might want to consider some real French intellectuals, some of the most creative, passionate, and un-bourgeois thinkers of the century...and how they dressed like what you would probably call a 'plebe'. Or a 'trad'. Or...whatever it is you need to make yourself feel worthwhile. Discerning. I mean, Holy Jesus-self-deluding-Christ, man.
post #33545 of 117668
Echoing the PinkPanster love. Everything looks really natural and I'm really digging the hair too.
post #33546 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post



Jesus. Fuuma, you might want to consider some real French intellectuals, some of the most creative, passionate, and un-bourgeois thinkers of the century...and how they dressed like what you would probably call a 'plebe'. Or a 'trad'. Or...whatever it is you need to make yourself feel worthwhile.

Discerning.
I mean, Holy Jesus-self-deluding-Christ, man.

I think fuuma is being needlessly pretentious, dismissive, and elitist but this is a terrible point.
post #33547 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I'd guess uncontrol find it absolutely boring and empty, not mannered but I dunno. I rarely care for it too but reserve hate for preppy style which is an abomination.

Ok...but Vineyard Vines is still cool, right?
post #33548 of 117668
fuuma spitting da truth
post #33549 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
I think fuuma is being needlessly pretentious, dismissive, and elitist but this is a terrible point.
Not really. There is a definitely a faction of (very nice, well-intentioned) folks here who try and cope with the inescapable narcissism of fashion by adopting this weird kind of soggy semiotics where any kind of prep style is judged elitist, or patriarchal, definitely oppressive in some non-specified way -- while at the same time displaying an obviously elitist and cult-like mentality in way they attempt to construct their own identity -- by drawing a circle around themselves and other internet fashionistas, labeling everyone else a 'plebe'.... It's just inconsistent. And it has no basis in reality. And if you examine it closely, it really just boils down to someone saying, I can tell who you are by how you dress. Which, AFAIK, is an attitude these same very well-intentioned folks would probably balk at.
post #33550 of 117668
I find it funny that you hate preppy style. All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants. Should one wrap a swan around his neck like Bjork, in order to please the high fashionistas of style forum?
post #33551 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoguy View Post
All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to Brand Pitt and George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants.
Oh man why hasn't anyone thought of this before? We should all just try to dress like celebrities.

By the way I assume you mean BRAD Pitt who, fyi, wears tons of MA+, CCP etc. and is far more directionally stylezeitgeistish in his wardrobe than anyone here....
post #33552 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoguy View Post
I find it funny that you hate preppy style.

All the syle icons from Steve Mcqueen to George Clooney wear preppy clothes. You don't see these people dressed in man leggings or cargo pants.
Should one wrap a swan around his neck like Bjork, in order to please the high fashionistas of style forum?

is clooney a style icon?
post #33553 of 117668
lol @ style icons quit looking up to celebs and get your own style
post #33554 of 117668
yes ann d. boots are fly by night, she's only been designing clothes for 2 plus decades.
post #33555 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
BRAD Pitt who, fyi, wears tons of MA+, CCP etc. and is far more directionally stylezeitgeistish in his wardrobe than anyone here....
Yeah. What I honestly don't get about haters from both sides of the fence is exactly this: almost no one dresses the same day to day. Are we only supposed to hate Brad Pitt on the day he wears RRL? Or what?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread