or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 1267  

post #18991 of 117677
its h&m so... i guess it could be off, all i can say is it fits a lot better than my previous jackets but theres always room for improvement. I appreciate the the input !!!
post #18992 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5 View Post
meltdown commencing...
oh, come on. I thought that was pretty funny I guess I'll be putting the jeans on B&S. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I don't want people feeling sorry for my GATs.
post #18993 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamays00 View Post
wore this to work...
A black tie with green plaid is a terrible decision. In fact, just wearing a jacket with a plaid shirt is probably not going to work most of the time. Shoes don't look like they have a great toe shape, it's a little hard to tell but they look too squared off to be nice. The jacket is too big in places, even if you can't size down, you should be looking for a different cut. It's not atrocious, but it's not very good either. Although, the styling of the jacket, acceptable. With a solid shirt and a non-black tie this could be better, but overall not super inspired I suppose. Meh, there has been MUCH worse. Also, winq's post is the most outrageous waywt I've ever seen lmao Although, from personal experience, video is much better than a picture. My legs look so huge in pictures... but they're actually quite toothpicky. Though, still not quite fuji...
post #18994 of 117677
i really really hate the tie.


black skinny shiny tie = "i decided to step up my style and GQ says skinny ties are in so i'm all fashiony now".


it's especially bad when celebrities' stylists dress them up like that.
post #18995 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
A black tie with green plaid is a terrible decision. In fact, just wearing a jacket with a plaid shirt is probably not going to work most of the time. Shoes don't look like they have a great toe shape, it's a little hard to tell but they look too squared off to be nice. The jacket is too big in places, even if you can't size down, you should be looking for a different cut. It's not atrocious, but it's not very good either. Although, the styling of the jacket, acceptable. With a solid shirt and a non-black tie this could be better, but overall not super inspired I suppose. Meh, there has been MUCH worse. Also, winq's post is the most outrageous waywt I've ever seen lmao Although, from personal experience, video is much better than a picture. My legs look so huge in pictures... but they're actually quite toothpicky. Though, still not quite fuji...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
i really really hate the tie. black skinny shiny tie = "i decided to step up my style and GQ says skinny ties are in so i'm all fashiony now". it's especially bad when celebrities' stylists dress them up like that.
tie isnt black, its grey just looks black in the pic shoes arent the best, but prior to that i had a pair of squared off kenneth coles heres a better pic of the shoes
post #18996 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
skinny ties are cool now man, mad men is a popular show about banging chicks that all men can love


I wear slim ties (2.5" at the widest point) most of the times but skinny ties are way too showy for my taste, and hence make one look like trying too hard, especially in a professional environment. in that pic his tie looks like a 1.75" at the widest point. well, i guess i'm just a lil more old fashioned.
post #18997 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu2004 View Post
I wear slim ties (2.5" at the widest point) most of the times but skinny ties are way too showy for my taste, and hence make one look like trying too hard, especially in a professional environment. in that pic his tie looks like a 1.75" at the widest point. well, i guess i'm just a lil more old fashioned.

that is my skinniest tie... normally i wear ties that are about 2.5-2.75 and just plain button downs. thought i'd go for a something a little different here but from everyone's reaction it seems like that was a failed attempt... o well
post #18998 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by winq View Post
dude. dude.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #18999 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamays00 View Post
that is my skinniest tie... normally i wear ties that are about 2.5-2.75 and just plain button downs. thought i'd go for a something a little different here but from everyone's reaction it seems like that was a failed attempt... o well
Part of it, for me, is the rise of the pants and their shape... Are you sagging them? They seem kind of off, especially around the thigh/waist.
post #19000 of 117677
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about. Sure the pieces aren't great but the blazer fit isn't off how you guys say it is, maybe my 21.5" monitor isn't as well calibrated as your guys'. This is a case of one guy saying something and conditioning everyone to seeing something that isn't there.
post #19001 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about.

+1

everything looks like it fits fine, just the combination and pattern that is off.
post #19002 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
actually heard this is quite good, no clue where to buy it though. gatsby is easy to find
Ebay, but it's a bit more expensive than my Gatsby source
post #19003 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooba View Post
Not a full WAYWT, just would like opinions on the fit of the jeans. Ervell from the Gilt Sale. Yay or Nay? Thanks.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...n/CIMG0473.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...n/CIMG0485.jpg

Hey, Scooba, I see you got the Ervell jeans already. Love the color, but have to agree with some of the others, I don't think the cut of the jeans work for your build since the thighs down look too baggy for what they're intended to be. I say sell/return and maybe look for the Naked & Famous Vintage Blue Selvage jeans that have a similar color but a fit that might be more for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The fit on the guys stuff is pretty good don't know what you guys are going on about. Sure the pieces aren't great but the blazer fit isn't off how you guys say it is, maybe my 21.5" monitor isn't as well calibrated as your guys'.

This is a case of one guy saying something and conditioning everyone to seeing something that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
+1

everything looks like it fits fine, just the combination and pattern that is off.

Exactly. Fits and even shoes look acceptable, but would say the pattern and tie combo just isn't working here. Lose the tie and replace the shirt for a solid or even a gingham/not so casual pattern and it would look fine to me.
_______________________________

After getting out of my sweats attire for most of the Sunday morning, here's a casual get up for the remainder of yesterday:




- Man of Moods cardi
- Polo V Neck tee
- Epaulet Smith Indigo jeans (still settling/breaking in)
- CP '09 Perforated Achilles Mids from B&S (woo)
post #19004 of 117677
Jeans + shoes look great tonio. Great fit on the EPs with just the right amount of stack. Also, I thought I was crazy re: H&M blazer fit. +1 to "it looks like everything fits ok but the patterns/styling needs reconsideration".
post #19005 of 117677
First frantic freshly frigid fall flannel fotograp learning to use new picture machine.

These are my twice washed 15 mo. old Nudies. My body has changed since I bought them, but I am attached. Fit thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread