or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 1190

post #17836 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
deal with those rickards fast, mine cracked eventually because i neglected them
It's not that bad, they just have this lackluster faded look to them, I last conditioned them in early spring or late winter iirc it also feels dry, which makes me sad regardless that I don't often fondle my boots
post #17837 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
this is a major improvement. The shoes are fine too.

jeans seem to fit well, although hopefully they'll stretch a bit so you can wear them just a touch lower.

Yeah I'm hoping they'll stretch a bit more. Been wearing them for 4 days or so and they've stretched a decent amount, but another inch in the thigh would be awesome.
post #17838 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

No mirrors for my full shot PBJ XX-010 and PS Ricard. The boots are in desperate need of conditioning, have put it off for ages

that is some sweet denim! I love the details.
post #17839 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
Conspicuous consumption is the practice of buying large amounts of flashy stuff you don't need and can't actually afford for the express purpose of "looking wealthy."

you just described alot of people in SoCal. I'm not judging, but it seems to be the thing over there.
post #17840 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
I prefer these to most of the entries in the baller shoe thread. What's the price range for those?

those guccis are an abomination. For $575 they look and feel terribly cheap

post #17841 of 115859
I don't care for the fits but the "conspicuous consumption" card is totally ridiculous. Dude is dressed in jeans and a graphic T. He happens to be wearing LV sunglasses, b/c they make sunglasses, I'm guessing he likes them, so he wears them. There is no monogram matching from the LV backpack to the web belt dangling below the waist matching the lining of the shoes. There is no deliberate effort to preserve the brands of the items he is wearing, or flaunt them over the act of just wearing the item. "Conspicuous" should not be taken as subjective as it's being taken. "Fuji has good taste"? So wtf, if it's something you personally like, thousand dollar fits go from conspicuous consumption to elegant, refined, proper consumption? Conspicuous consumption is the practice of buying large amounts of flashy stuff you don't need and can't actually afford for the express purpose of "looking wealthy." By adding the quality of "flashy", stuff you don't "need", stuff you can't "afford", you've made it seem as if conspicuous consumption is not able to take place here. I'm curious to hear how a pair of guidi backzips does not qualify here.
post #17842 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kz View Post
I don't care for the fits but the "conspicuous consumption" card is totally ridiculous. Dude is dressed in jeans and a graphic T. He happens to be wearing LV sunglasses, b/c they make sunglasses, I'm guessing he likes them, so he wears them. There is no monogram matching from the LV backpack to the web belt dangling below the waist matching the lining of the shoes. There is no deliberate effort to preserve the brands of the items he is wearing, or flaunt them over the act of just wearing the item. "Conspicuous" should not be taken as subjective as it's being taken. "Fuji has good taste"? So wtf, if it's something you personally like, thousand dollar fits go from conspicuous consumption to elegant, refined, proper consumption? Conspicuous consumption is the practice of buying large amounts of flashy stuff you don't need and can't actually afford for the express purpose of "looking wealthy." By adding the quality of "flashy", stuff you don't "need", stuff you can't "afford", you've made it seem as if conspicuous consumption is not able to take place here. I'm curious to hear how a pair of guidi backzips does not qualify here.
Guidi backzips don't shout "money" to 99% of people. They're also a niche item that's very well crafted, they are priced high but appeal to the hobbyist. I haven't mentioned Fuji in this conversation once, because this argument is NOT about taste. The fact that he's dressed in jeans and a graphic tee is exactly WHY this is conspicuous consumption. I'm sure I have outfits that cost much more than his, but they're not overpriced graphic logo tee and gaudy sunglasses. His outfits have no thought put into them, just items that are expensive thrown together. The statement Guidi (paired with Rick/Viridi/etc. let's just say) makes is sorta grungy, someone who's into avant-garde fashion, and doesn't mind looking different to make his personal statement. Wearing gaudy LV sunglasses, an expensive but ill fitting tee, "designer wannabe" jeans (does ANYONE who knows anything about jeans wear Hugo Boss??? seriously?,) and mediocre fashion house sneakers basically says "I don't know how to dress, but I've bought expensive stuff so it looks good right?" or possibly "I could afford interesting clothes, but I don't, because I can prove I can afford them with this brand name right here." Just every possible vibe you can get from those fits is wrong wrong wrong. When you see someone spending $$$ on well thought out outfits, you know that they could have spent that money on something gaudy that said "I'm rich, look at me." But instead they used that money to create an outfit that had meaning and artistry in it. I've seen fits that are absolutely acceptable blends of both, but even those are so much better. We can agree to disagree, but my stance is just fine and I've already spent WAY too much time typing about it already so I'm done.
post #17843 of 115859
Can any LV/Prada/Gucci item be worn without it being a case of conspicuous consumption?
post #17844 of 115859




.... Lets see what you guys have to say about this. I'm not going to post any labels, but if you want to know about a garment in specific message me and ill be more than happy to tell you about it.
post #17845 of 115859
Pants stack really weird. What is up with those weird zippers on the hoodie?
post #17846 of 115859
Too much directionless badness to even start on how to fix it. You don't even know what you're going for, you're just throwing random shit together and tucking your pants into your boots.
post #17847 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
Guidi backzips don't shout "money" to 99% of people. They're also a niche item that's very well crafted, they are priced high but appeal to the hobbyist. I haven't mentioned Fuji in this conversation once, because this argument is NOT about taste. The fact that he's dressed in jeans and a graphic tee is exactly WHY this is conspicuous consumption. I'm sure I have outfits that cost much more than his, but they're not overpriced graphic logo tee and gaudy sunglasses. His outfits have no thought put into them, just items that are expensive thrown together.

I do have a thought behind what I'm wearing and I have even explained it in by blog many times before if you would like to check that out your more than welcome to. Also, my clothing usually has little to no visible labels. And to tell you the truth I highly doubt that If I hadn't posted the labels we would be having this conversation.
post #17848 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Too much directionless badness to even start on how to fix it. You don't even know what you're going for, you're just throwing random shit together and tucking your pants into your boots.

Sounds like he's the next Varvatos
post #17849 of 115859
You're trying to do too much in your clothing without having a real purpose or direction. Have you developed a particular aesthetic that compliments your body type/shape/personality? It appears as if you're trying to be everyone but you. I'm going to get some hate for this, but I really like that graphic tee that you're wearing. Nothing else you have on compliments it though and that's where your true problem is. You've got a bright, colorful, very artistic shirt, and then this gigantic, dull grey hoodie swallowing it up. Couple that with a pair of very dark, military boots and you're all over the place. You absolutely need to get rid of that boot tuck with your jeans. That's an abomination. Your legs end up looking like a Coca-Cola bottle (the glass ones from the late 80's early 90's, not the plastic garbage). I think that with your very lean frame, you'd be able to pull off a more drapey look than someone with an athletic build, but your clothing just looks oversized. You're posting in the WAYWT discussion thread to get feedback about what you're wearing. While some people are just assholes, you need to stop focusing solely on the criticism as a personal attack. You don't need to defend it, just explain it.
post #17850 of 115859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
Sounds like he's the next Varvatos
Saw a metallic JV cardi at holts today that I actually kind of liked, except they want 600 bucks and it's worth maybe 120. Ridiculous p->q ratio.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread