or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 1003  

post #15031 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor View Post
great fit man, jacket looks solid. another handmade piece of yours or what?

thanks !! definitely not one of my handmade things...that would take weeks to stitch by hand. I'm trying to get my line ready for fw11 so this is just a prototype I had made by a tailor. I'm pretty happy with it...but I'd like to make the front pockets a bit longer and do the zipper all the way up to the top of the collar for the final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
REALLY like how that turned out, let me see it if you have time sunday!!!!

see you then
post #15032 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
that's only because most shampoos have sulfate-based cleaning agents in them. and every day isn't necessary but there's a huge gap between every day, 10 days (dirty human), and once a month (repulsive). get a decent shampoo and clean yourselves properly

Actually hair stylists have insisted that I shampoo my hair on a weekly basis because of my oily hair, I end up doing it fortnightly because my hair looks best between 1-2 weeks and worst within a few days of shampooing (and yes, I've used various $30+ shampoos to the same end).
post #15033 of 117666
My hair looks best after a day of no shampooing. I've thought of avoiding it for long periods of time to see if it'd get used to it, but my friend did that and even after he said it was past the bad stage it still felt pretty gross.
post #15034 of 117666
Another on the now shampoo tip. I wash with hot water and that's it. No stink, not gross.
post #15035 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Another on the now shampoo tip. I wash with hot water and that's it. No stink, not gross.

Hot water actually isn't good for your hair either.
post #15036 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
Actually hair stylists have insisted that I shampoo my hair on a weekly basis because of my oily hair, I end up doing it fortnightly because my hair looks best between 1-2 weeks and worst within a few days of shampooing (and yes, I've used various $30+ shampoos to the same end).
the price isn't the indicator it's the ingredients list most people don't read and most stylists aren't aware of. if you like, walk through the aisle next time and grab any random number of bottles and see how many have sulfates or their derivatives listed, it's astonishing. basically industrial grade chemicals that help the foaming process. and this extends across all price ranges. best bet is using olive-oil based shampoos/conditioners and extracts versus essences/fragrances. without cleaning your hair, the natural oils accumulate (irrespective of whether you have "dry/oily" hair) and then capture pollution, dirt, dust, whatever you're exposed throughout the day. now magnify this effect by the number of days you haven't washed your hair....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Hot water actually isn't good for your hair either.
yes people seem to think bathing consists of pouring water on themselves
post #15037 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor View Post
your hair doesnt stink or anything?

Nope and I'd know because my gf loves to bitch about that kind of stuff. I do take 2-3 showers a day though.
post #15038 of 117666
dibadiba: That's one great fit!
post #15039 of 117666
people who use expensive shampoo and conditioner don't like hearing the facts, so i won't state them. ...but god it's hard to resist.
post #15040 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
people who use expensive shampoo and conditioner don't like hearing the facts, so i won't state them.




...but god it's hard to resist.

i use a $15 shampoo bar from lush, it's handmade from rustic granola or some shit. smells like a smokehouse but it's the only thing that keeps my scalp from itching like crazy. i shampoo every day.
post #15041 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i use a $15 shampoo bar from lush, it's handmade from rustic granola or some shit. smells like a smokehouse but it's the only thing that keeps my scalp from itching like crazy. i shampoo every day.

I think lush just came to Korea not long ago. Walking into their place is like walking into a bakery but you can't eat anything so it makes you angry. Curious how their products are since my gf is extremely sensitive about soaps and usually only gets DHC.
post #15042 of 117666
i love pretty much everything there i don't think there's any concrete rule for shampooing (e.g. if i don't wash my hair every day my scalp gets itchy as fuck and my hair feels gross) but i think any less than once a week is pretty grody.
post #15043 of 117666
is it cheaper in Canada, because most of their products here basically cost $30 (going by their small ice cream tubs)
post #15044 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i use a $15 shampoo bar from lush, it's handmade from rustic granola or some shit. smells like a smokehouse but it's the only thing that keeps my scalp from itching like crazy. i shampoo every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
I think lush just came to Korea not long ago. Walking into their place is like walking into a bakery but you can't eat anything so it makes you angry. Curious how their products are since my gf is extremely sensitive about soaps and usually only gets DHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i love pretty much everything there

i don't think there's any concrete rule for shampooing (e.g. if i don't wash my hair every day my scalp gets itchy as fuck and my hair feels gross) but i think any less than once a week is pretty grody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
is it cheaper in Canada, because most of their products here basically cost $30 (going by their small ice cream tubs)


Haha my ex used to work at lush. Hardout wanted to eat those chocolate ones.


but yeah, read the ingredients. It's the same as everything else. Smells nicer and looks cooler though, so it's all good. expensive for what it is, but make really good gifts.
post #15045 of 117666
Shave your head and leave all your shampooing confusion behind.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread