Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7818post #117256 of 1176665/16/14 at 9:57ampost #117257 of 1176665/16/14 at 9:59ampost #117258 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:03ampost #117259 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:04am
Stitchy, shirts are a hard thing to recommend since I tend to pick shirts based on how they'd fit me unless I'm going for a crazy pattern. You're just looking for a white shirt? I'd say uniqlo, or maybe Geller (on sale) might be a good place to start if you want something more mid-range. Nothing worthwhile in the $100-$150 range unless you're looking used.post #117260 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:12ampost #117261 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:18ampost #117262 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:19ampost #117263 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:20ampost #117264 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:26am@in stitches dont get the ones with stiff collars. Kamakura's collars have those fused interlinings haven't they? Also yeah, try Uniqlo OCBDs, they are right in between the preppy small collar Gitman/Band of Outsiders and long ass MC OCBDs. Nice length IMO, just need to take in a bit of the waist.post #117265 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:33ampost #117266 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:39ampost #117267 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:40amQuote:
edit: sorry I just noticed you were looking for button downs.
I'm not so sure a BD collar shirt would be the best choice for that kgfan fit. The short collar, artisan viridi anne style goes better with the guidi boots and other stuff. I alwys think BDs are better with more 'trad' things or workwewar.post #117268 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:44am
can't go wrong with Wolf vs. Goat button downs. the overdye line is probably perfect for what you are looking for @in stitches .
Before Dinner style = slim/darted back
After Dinner = more relaxed fit but by no means baggy or loose.post #117269 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Stitchy, shirts are a hard thing to recommend since I tend to pick shirts based on how they'd fit me unless I'm going for a crazy pattern. You're just looking for a white shirt? I'd say uniqlo, or maybe Geller (on sale) might be a good place to start if you want something more mid-range. Nothing worthwhile in the $100-$150 range unless you're looking used.
doesnt have to be straight white. the viridi anne gradient is a shirt i love for example.
i have been looking around at a bunch of brands. anne d, plokhov, LUC, viride anne, silent/damir... and i have noticed 2 things.
1. its really hard to find this ish in larger sizes, something to fit my 42/44 size chest. i think jp size 5-6 is what i need and im just not finding it.
2. unlike MC shirts, where i can pretty easily find shirts in the 400-500 dollar range for closer to 130-160, BNWT, no problem, this SWD stuff i just cant find on much discount, and it seems like the stock is just much more limited than MC.Quote:
will do!Quote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
i like that. thats not too long to wear untucked though?Quote:Originally Posted by kashmir
@in stitches dont get the ones with stiff collars. Kamakura's collars have those fused interlinings haven't they? Also yeah, try Uniqlo OCBDs, they are right in between the preppy small collar Gitman/Band of Outsiders and long ass MC OCBDs. Nice length IMO, just need to take in a bit of the waist.
kamkura has one of the the best collar rolls out there, but imo their shirts are 100% MC.
i will consider uniqlo but i am not thrilled about it.Quote:Originally Posted by Parker
if you want the full kgfan vibe, how about just going for the viridi-anne or other artisan-ish brand?
helps to have other stuff to complement that look, tho.
i love that ish. see above tho.
i do have some complimentary stuff now tho. picked up the MA boots and some DVN and KVA pants.Quote:Originally Posted by jmaudi0
can't go wrong with Wolf vs. Goat button downs. the overdye line is probably perfect for what you are looking for @in stitches
i do like those. definite option there!post #117270 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:48amUniqlo/whatever is fine for a shirt, but I'm not sure that's what Stitches has in mind.
Stitchy, I want you to start buying random, weird shit on ebay and rakuten. Ann, plokhov, forme, damir, TVA, whatever. none of this OCBD garbage. Pants, too. think beyond jeans. Cast away your preconceived streetwear notions and give yourself up to the fashun.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 33 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong tailor Edward Tam "E.Italian" 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 23 minutes ago
- › New basic casual shirts 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Is this a four-season shoe? 26 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 36 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...