Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7818post #117256 of 1176665/16/14 at 9:57ampost #117257 of 1176665/16/14 at 9:59ampost #117258 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:03ampost #117259 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:04am
Stitchy, shirts are a hard thing to recommend since I tend to pick shirts based on how they'd fit me unless I'm going for a crazy pattern. You're just looking for a white shirt? I'd say uniqlo, or maybe Geller (on sale) might be a good place to start if you want something more mid-range. Nothing worthwhile in the $100-$150 range unless you're looking used.post #117260 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:12ampost #117261 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:18ampost #117262 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:19ampost #117263 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:20ampost #117264 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:26am@in stitches dont get the ones with stiff collars. Kamakura's collars have those fused interlinings haven't they? Also yeah, try Uniqlo OCBDs, they are right in between the preppy small collar Gitman/Band of Outsiders and long ass MC OCBDs. Nice length IMO, just need to take in a bit of the waist.post #117265 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:33ampost #117266 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:39ampost #117267 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:40amQuote:
edit: sorry I just noticed you were looking for button downs.
I'm not so sure a BD collar shirt would be the best choice for that kgfan fit. The short collar, artisan viridi anne style goes better with the guidi boots and other stuff. I alwys think BDs are better with more 'trad' things or workwewar.post #117268 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:44am
can't go wrong with Wolf vs. Goat button downs. the overdye line is probably perfect for what you are looking for @in stitches .
Before Dinner style = slim/darted back
After Dinner = more relaxed fit but by no means baggy or loose.post #117269 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Stitchy, shirts are a hard thing to recommend since I tend to pick shirts based on how they'd fit me unless I'm going for a crazy pattern. You're just looking for a white shirt? I'd say uniqlo, or maybe Geller (on sale) might be a good place to start if you want something more mid-range. Nothing worthwhile in the $100-$150 range unless you're looking used.
doesnt have to be straight white. the viridi anne gradient is a shirt i love for example.
i have been looking around at a bunch of brands. anne d, plokhov, LUC, viride anne, silent/damir... and i have noticed 2 things.
1. its really hard to find this ish in larger sizes, something to fit my 42/44 size chest. i think jp size 5-6 is what i need and im just not finding it.
2. unlike MC shirts, where i can pretty easily find shirts in the 400-500 dollar range for closer to 130-160, BNWT, no problem, this SWD stuff i just cant find on much discount, and it seems like the stock is just much more limited than MC.Quote:
will do!Quote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
i like that. thats not too long to wear untucked though?Quote:Originally Posted by kashmir
@in stitches dont get the ones with stiff collars. Kamakura's collars have those fused interlinings haven't they? Also yeah, try Uniqlo OCBDs, they are right in between the preppy small collar Gitman/Band of Outsiders and long ass MC OCBDs. Nice length IMO, just need to take in a bit of the waist.
kamkura has one of the the best collar rolls out there, but imo their shirts are 100% MC.
i will consider uniqlo but i am not thrilled about it.Quote:Originally Posted by Parker
if you want the full kgfan vibe, how about just going for the viridi-anne or other artisan-ish brand?
helps to have other stuff to complement that look, tho.
i love that ish. see above tho.
i do have some complimentary stuff now tho. picked up the MA boots and some DVN and KVA pants.Quote:Originally Posted by jmaudi0
can't go wrong with Wolf vs. Goat button downs. the overdye line is probably perfect for what you are looking for @in stitches
i do like those. definite option there!post #117270 of 1176665/16/14 at 10:48amUniqlo/whatever is fine for a shirt, but I'm not sure that's what Stitches has in mind.
Stitchy, I want you to start buying random, weird shit on ebay and rakuten. Ann, plokhov, forme, damir, TVA, whatever. none of this OCBD garbage. Pants, too. think beyond jeans. Cast away your preconceived streetwear notions and give yourself up to the fashun.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 seconds ago
- › The Official "Hall of Fame" Outfit of the Day thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet - Sport Coats - Suit - Trousers - 40/34 & 33 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 23 minutes ago
- › BNWT Polo Ralph Lauren Bradford 2 button pinstripe suit 38S 25 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts