Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7807post #117091 of 1176665/12/14 at 3:53pmpost #117092 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:06pmQuote:Quote:I can’t remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you’re saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it’s not literally illegal to express.
Source: http://xkcd.com/1357/post #117093 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:11pmpost #117094 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:13pmpost #117095 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:14pmpost #117096 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:16pmjust did some research on the word ratchet. Still don't understand why that type of woman is given that moniker. Doesn't make sense.unless they mean ratchet as in tool. Then it kind of makes sense I guesspost #117097 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:16pmpost #117098 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:18pmQuote:
It is a southern thing. Used to describe a type of hood mentality. Originated from Louisiana. Used it all the time in High School and then Kids from the Suburbs got their hands on it and it reached the Mall of America.post #117099 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:18pmpost #117100 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:19pmAgainst my better judgement....Quote:
I agree this.
I however don't get why some people get offended by it when they use it frequently. Sometimes its not meant as an offense. I've had black people have call me nigga just after meeting me. Some are cool with me saying it back and some lose their shit(so i usually abstain from it). Not to mention the countless times its mentioned on 'rap/hiphop culture'.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)neither black nor white. Does that change anything?post #117101 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by ImaPro
Against my better judgement....
I agree this.
I however don't get why some people get offended by it when they use it frequently. Sometimes its not meant as an offense. I've had black people have call me nigga just after meeting me. Some are cool with me saying it back and some lose their shit(so i usually abstain from it). Not to mention the countless times its mentioned on 'rap/hiphop culture'. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)neither black nor white. Does that change anything?
The thing is that there has to be some air of familiarity. Most Black people are cool with racial jokes once we are familiar with you. Shit I do it with my closest friends. But it is like coming up to a woman you don't know and calling her a bitch because they use the word. Yeah miss me on that shit.post #117102 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:25pmpost #117103 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:25pmQuote:its this one,
http://www.lyst.com/clothing/poeme-bohemien-lightweight-shirt-jacket-black/post #117104 of 1176665/12/14 at 4:25pmpost #117105 of 1176665/12/14 at 6:03pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Truman Boots 22 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 10 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Brogue Captoes in Brown (worn once) UK7.5 13 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...