Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7789post #116821 of 1176685/9/14 at 7:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #116822 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:11am
A large part of patients' treatment comes from their trust of and belief in the doctor. Besides the placebo effect (which is more significant than most think) and other strange psychological things, patients that don't take their doctors seriously might not adhere to the treatment regime, which can undermine the medication.
I'm very liberal and wouldn't care if my doctor was tatted or pierced or whatever, but most patients (especially older people, which make up a huge proportion of patients) aren't prepared for 'hip', 'trendy' doctors. The expect seriousness and professionalism, and physical presentation plays into that. I think, for now, the friendly chitter chatter and small talk should be left to nurses, while doctors should appear wise and competent, not to say that doctors shouldn't be warm, approachable, and friendly.
Thanks @reedobandito for the vest
Edited by poilu - 5/9/14 at 10:04ampost #116823 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:30ampost #116824 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:51ampost #116825 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:56ampost #116826 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:57ampost #116827 of 1176685/9/14 at 9:01ampost #116828 of 1176685/9/14 at 9:57am
Long time no see... a few months back I had to drop $3~$4k in one month on various purchases (vacation tickets for summer, spring break, new apartment deposit etc. etc.) so I took a break off clothes related stuff for the sake of my bank account. Here's to celebrating another year of school down and financial solvency (^_^)vpost #116829 of 1176685/9/14 at 10:23ampost #116830 of 1176685/9/14 at 11:11ampost #116831 of 1176685/9/14 at 11:58ampost #116832 of 1176685/9/14 at 12:30pmpost #116833 of 1176685/9/14 at 12:34pmpost #116834 of 1176685/9/14 at 2:21pmpost #116835 of 1176685/9/14 at 2:22pmI interviewed a gentleman the other week who was well dressed, well spoken, and had the appropriate knowledge and qualifications. However, he had a small tattoo under his wedding ring, which was embarrassing and unprofessional. I did not recommend him for hire.
Moral of the story: make good decisions about your personal appearance in the workplace.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...