Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7789post #116821 of 1176685/9/14 at 7:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #116822 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:11am
A large part of patients' treatment comes from their trust of and belief in the doctor. Besides the placebo effect (which is more significant than most think) and other strange psychological things, patients that don't take their doctors seriously might not adhere to the treatment regime, which can undermine the medication.
I'm very liberal and wouldn't care if my doctor was tatted or pierced or whatever, but most patients (especially older people, which make up a huge proportion of patients) aren't prepared for 'hip', 'trendy' doctors. The expect seriousness and professionalism, and physical presentation plays into that. I think, for now, the friendly chitter chatter and small talk should be left to nurses, while doctors should appear wise and competent, not to say that doctors shouldn't be warm, approachable, and friendly.
Thanks @reedobandito for the vest
Edited by poilu - 5/9/14 at 10:04ampost #116823 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:30ampost #116824 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:51ampost #116825 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:56ampost #116826 of 1176685/9/14 at 8:57ampost #116827 of 1176685/9/14 at 9:01ampost #116828 of 1176685/9/14 at 9:57am
Long time no see... a few months back I had to drop $3~$4k in one month on various purchases (vacation tickets for summer, spring break, new apartment deposit etc. etc.) so I took a break off clothes related stuff for the sake of my bank account. Here's to celebrating another year of school down and financial solvency (^_^)vpost #116829 of 1176685/9/14 at 10:23ampost #116830 of 1176685/9/14 at 11:11ampost #116831 of 1176685/9/14 at 11:58ampost #116832 of 1176685/9/14 at 12:30pmpost #116833 of 1176685/9/14 at 12:34pmpost #116834 of 1176685/9/14 at 2:21pmpost #116835 of 1176685/9/14 at 2:22pmI interviewed a gentleman the other week who was well dressed, well spoken, and had the appropriate knowledge and qualifications. However, he had a small tattoo under his wedding ring, which was embarrassing and unprofessional. I did not recommend him for hire.
Moral of the story: make good decisions about your personal appearance in the workplace.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 27 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...