Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7730
Styleforum Top Picks
Any constructive advice is gold to me. Thank you for your thoughts.
I really love the bomber--just got it last week--and I'd be thrilled to figure out a way to make it work in my wardrobe. I have a bunch of SLP pieces (two denims, the satin bomber and this one) and they're all cropped rather short. I'm hoping that my height (5'6") will work with them as they'll sit more or less at the belt line. I thought the purple would be a nice contrast against the black and the blue but I can certainly see your point. I have a few pairs of pants at the tailor getting tapered so there will be plenty more to work with in a week.
Thanks for your kind words on my music. Much appreciated. Cheers.
Yeah the bomber is a great piece. Have you considered trying it with some YY style pants, wider at the top, and possible slightly tapered at the bottom? I'd stay away from cropped because of your height. I think the key point with the bomber is just to match the proportions, instead of going for heavy contrast. I can see it working for you, but the slim jeans somehow throw it off.
Have a look at some of SnowmanXL's posts. I think he's a similar height to you, but a more muscular build. His simple colour scheme is also most always on point. I'd be interested to see how you pull off his kind of style, though you may want to get a slightly slimmer physique, and that's not an insult.
Been dropping the weight for a while (40 lbs over the last couple of years) with another 10-15 to go this SS, which I know I can make happen. The height i can't do much about. but I get the idea that a rounded top like the bomber might not work with the slim jeans.I appreciate the feedback. Cheers.
Don't really care for the boots with that fit. They seem way too nice. I think you're posts in this thread would benefit from zooming and cropping your images when you have a full body shot.
Steven Hitchcock Cashmere SB, no vent with suede details, Sean O'Flynn bespoke gingham shirt, Rubinacci spotted knit, unknown PS, Jack & Jones jeans, Ike Behar blue/brown wowen belt, blue suede tassels, RetroSuperFuture shades
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This was looking so awesome until I saw that you had on jeans. The top half is great! Are you wearing black socks? If so, black socks with navy shoes and a brown coat isn't my cup of tea.
Also, do you have any good stories from the set of Greatest American Hero?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice fit| Is that the "kurta" shirt or a shorter version? I keep looking at the long model but haven't bothered trying it on yet, it looks cool on the rack though. They have a greenish one at the Lemaire shop and a navy one at the broken arm and I am tempted to purchase.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 35 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Summer Tie Friday Challenge 7/25/2014 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn / ARN Mercantile light khaki cotton deck pants 30 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)