Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7726post #115876 of 1176684/18/14 at 3:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #115877 of 1176684/18/14 at 3:48pmpost #115878 of 1176684/18/14 at 3:49pmpost #115879 of 1176684/18/14 at 4:52pmpost #115880 of 1176684/18/14 at 5:34pmpost #115881 of 1176684/18/14 at 5:44pmQuote:
I woulda just stuck airism boxers in all my pockets and called it a day
@AlexanderTG The jacket looks a bit long on you, especially when open (drape is a bit weird probably because of your chest-waist drop). I like where you're going with it though.post #115882 of 1176684/18/14 at 5:53pmpost #115883 of 1176684/18/14 at 6:05pmpost #115884 of 1176684/18/14 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by t3hg0suazn
The jacket looks a bit long on you, especially when open (drape is a bit weird probably because of your chest-waist drop). I like where you're going with it though.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the jacket is a little long. It's tough at 5'6" and having to get large in most everything. I drop another ten pounds and the mediums are gonna be choice.
I do love the jacket, though. And at the suggestion of another poster I had the legs on the jeans taken in to 7.5". Much happier. I don't think I'll be getting New Standards anymore.post #115885 of 1176684/18/14 at 7:33pmpost #115886 of 1176684/18/14 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by NaTionS
@AlexanderTG I think it would look better if you didn't shorten the jeans as much as you did, let it stack a bit. And what size shoes do you wear? 7.5" opening still looks too big.
I never knew about stacking until just recently. So the jeans were shortened to trouser length a few years ago. But will certainly keep that in mind for the future.
I wear 9.5 in shoes.
As for the width, they're pretty narrow around my calves when I walk. Would you suggest 7"?post #115887 of 1176684/18/14 at 8:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by kgfan5
hmm not sure what standard i've set for myself but yeah i'm been digging the hoodie under jacket look as of late. not to mention it was in the mid 40s today. though i thought the boot tuck was appropriate given the leather/ jeans biker vibe i was trying to acheive. anyhow, your feedback is much appreciated.
your standard is like 9-10/10 consistently so when you post a 7 i get to nitpick you >: ]post #115888 of 1176684/18/14 at 8:38pmpost #115889 of 1176684/18/14 at 9:08pmQuote:
fwiw I hemmed my sz28 NS to 6.75" but that was fairly aggressive. Probably 7" is good, you should just wear your shoes with the jeans on and measure. Even with the same hem, pants with thinner fabrics will stack differently than thicker fabricspost #115890 of 1176684/19/14 at 12:07am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 56 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What brands should I be looking at with my budget? 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Gift cards, Saks, Barneys 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...