Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7726
Styleforum Top Picks
I woulda just stuck airism boxers in all my pockets and called it a day
@AlexanderTG The jacket looks a bit long on you, especially when open (drape is a bit weird probably because of your chest-waist drop). I like where you're going with it though.
The jacket looks a bit long on you, especially when open (drape is a bit weird probably because of your chest-waist drop). I like where you're going with it though.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the jacket is a little long. It's tough at 5'6" and having to get large in most everything. I drop another ten pounds and the mediums are gonna be choice.
I do love the jacket, though. And at the suggestion of another poster I had the legs on the jeans taken in to 7.5". Much happier. I don't think I'll be getting New Standards anymore.
@AlexanderTG I think it would look better if you didn't shorten the jeans as much as you did, let it stack a bit. And what size shoes do you wear? 7.5" opening still looks too big.
I never knew about stacking until just recently. So the jeans were shortened to trouser length a few years ago. But will certainly keep that in mind for the future.
I wear 9.5 in shoes.
As for the width, they're pretty narrow around my calves when I walk. Would you suggest 7"?
hmm not sure what standard i've set for myself but yeah i'm been digging the hoodie under jacket look as of late. not to mention it was in the mid 40s today. though i thought the boot tuck was appropriate given the leather/ jeans biker vibe i was trying to acheive. anyhow, your feedback is much appreciated.
your standard is like 9-10/10 consistently so when you post a 7 i get to nitpick you >: ]
fwiw I hemmed my sz28 NS to 6.75" but that was fairly aggressive. Probably 7" is good, you should just wear your shoes with the jeans on and measure. Even with the same hem, pants with thinner fabrics will stack differently than thicker fabrics
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › BNWT BORIS BIDJAN SABERI 'STRIPED' OBJECT DYED KNIT TROUSER sz... 13 seconds ago
- › TOJ Diesel blue suede BCDR 14 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Sports Gear 26 seconds ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 1 minute ago
- › Italian CBD 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)