Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7693post #115381 of 1176684/8/14 at 1:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #115382 of 1176684/8/14 at 1:38pmpost #115383 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:02pm
I went to a uniqlo for the first time this weekend. Their sleeves were cut way too tight for me. Sizing up led to sleeves that were way too long or collars that were too big. Same for their jackets. I was pretty sad. I was hoping to pick up a few things but left empty handed.post #115384 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:16pmpost #115385 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:23pmpost #115386 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
I went to a uniqlo for the first time this weekend. Their sleeves were cut way too tight for me. Sizing up led to sleeves that were way too long or collars that were too big. Same for their jackets. I was pretty sad. I was hoping to pick up a few things but left empty handed.
Do you haz odd proportions? I don't have small arms and I find that their oxfords fit me fine. I tend to favor the regular fit over the slim fit, unlike most on here, since I wear it under a knit anyway and it has a bit more room in the shoulders /arms and some more length.post #115387 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Do you haz odd proportions? I don't have small arms and I find that their oxfords fit me fine. I tend to favor the regular fit over the slim fit, unlike most on here, since I wear it under a knit anyway and it has a bit more room in the shoulders /arms and some more length.
Not really. I wear a 15.5/16 shirt with 33-34 arms most of the time. I think I might have tried their slimmer fit, but I tried like 3-4 shirts. If I flexed at the elbow, the fabric would pinch up, i.e. it would probably rip there pretty fast. None of my other shirts do that.
I wear a 40R jacket with about 25 inch sleeves, 18.5 shoulders, and 21 ptp. Their jackets in a medium were too tight in the chest and the L's had sleeves down to the knuckles.
I just got a lands end jacket from work (with dept logo etc) and same story there. Small fits me pretty well but too tight on chest. I got a medium that's better on the chest but everything else (waist, sleeves, etc. are way too long).
I'm 5'10 and weigh about 160. I do lift though, so it could be that, but I'm still pretty small by lifting standards since I've had back surgery 2x and don't lift heavy anymore...post #115388 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:20pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #115389 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:24pmpost #115390 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:27pmpost #115391 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If you're wearing it under a sweater, you needn't spend too much time finding the perfect white shirt. Personally, I think a white collard shirt just on it's own is kind of boring.post #115392 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:02pmpost #115393 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:30pmpost #115394 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:33pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › deception 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...