Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7693post #115381 of 1176684/8/14 at 1:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #115382 of 1176684/8/14 at 1:38pmpost #115383 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:02pm
I went to a uniqlo for the first time this weekend. Their sleeves were cut way too tight for me. Sizing up led to sleeves that were way too long or collars that were too big. Same for their jackets. I was pretty sad. I was hoping to pick up a few things but left empty handed.post #115384 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:16pmpost #115385 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:23pmpost #115386 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
I went to a uniqlo for the first time this weekend. Their sleeves were cut way too tight for me. Sizing up led to sleeves that were way too long or collars that were too big. Same for their jackets. I was pretty sad. I was hoping to pick up a few things but left empty handed.
Do you haz odd proportions? I don't have small arms and I find that their oxfords fit me fine. I tend to favor the regular fit over the slim fit, unlike most on here, since I wear it under a knit anyway and it has a bit more room in the shoulders /arms and some more length.post #115387 of 1176684/8/14 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Do you haz odd proportions? I don't have small arms and I find that their oxfords fit me fine. I tend to favor the regular fit over the slim fit, unlike most on here, since I wear it under a knit anyway and it has a bit more room in the shoulders /arms and some more length.
Not really. I wear a 15.5/16 shirt with 33-34 arms most of the time. I think I might have tried their slimmer fit, but I tried like 3-4 shirts. If I flexed at the elbow, the fabric would pinch up, i.e. it would probably rip there pretty fast. None of my other shirts do that.
I wear a 40R jacket with about 25 inch sleeves, 18.5 shoulders, and 21 ptp. Their jackets in a medium were too tight in the chest and the L's had sleeves down to the knuckles.
I just got a lands end jacket from work (with dept logo etc) and same story there. Small fits me pretty well but too tight on chest. I got a medium that's better on the chest but everything else (waist, sleeves, etc. are way too long).
I'm 5'10 and weigh about 160. I do lift though, so it could be that, but I'm still pretty small by lifting standards since I've had back surgery 2x and don't lift heavy anymore...post #115388 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:20pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #115389 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:24pmpost #115390 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:27pmpost #115391 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
If you're wearing it under a sweater, you needn't spend too much time finding the perfect white shirt. Personally, I think a white collard shirt just on it's own is kind of boring.post #115392 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:02pmpost #115393 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:30pmpost #115394 of 1176684/8/14 at 4:33pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Eidos Napoli 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB Swims Galoshes OVERSHOES size XL Orange 3 minutes ago
- › Hober, Brioni, Charvet ties 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...