Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7691post #115351 of 1176664/8/14 at 9:46ampost #115352 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:02ampost #115353 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:04ampost #115354 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:08ampost #115355 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:13ampost #115356 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:14ampost #115357 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:22ampost #115358 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:24ampost #115359 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:24ampost #115360 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:32amQuote:Quote:
my issue is my larger derrière seems to necessitate a larger size waist, which then makes the legs wider than optimal. im going to order these in a size smaller and hope they fit and look slimmer, and return whatever size is less awesome looking on me. if i need to stay with these, ill taper the legs. same for the black levis i think.
lmao, what do you not like about the stark underneath? i think its a cool look.
lawlz. yes and no. the general decrease in rigidity is nice, but when MC stuff fits right, its plenty comfy. plus, my tie is rarely done all the way up during the day.
OH NOES!! DONT BAN ME MC!!post #115361 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:41amQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTG
I'm 44 in a month so I suppose that's old to some. But no excuse to not have a clean, well-executed wardrobe.
Over the past five years or so I've enjoyed filling my closet with nice stuff. MMM, Raf, some Prada, EG, OL, Beams, Jil, and more recently SLP. But I spent many years of my life very heavy and very out of it both stylistically and just in general. Now I'm getting back to a weight I like (165) but the downside of that is that so much of what's in my closet doesn't fit well anymore.
I'm lucky that I've been successful enough as a musician to travel around the world (as far as Japan and NZ) and I'm not showing any signs of stopping. So my goal is to look as good as I can while making and performing music while maintaining a level of age-appropriatness. It sounds tricky but I believe it can be done.
Hoping to glean some tips and direction from this forum while trying not to tax you all's patience.
Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to looking better good.
1) Dress like you want, this dude doesn't need a collar at 65 http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/nyregion/clayton-patterson-rebel-and-photographer-plans-to-leave-the-lower-east-side-for-europe.html?_r=1
2) With that said, a clean look I like in an adult who behaves like an adult (not an adulescent) but doesn't want to dress like a e-gentleman (an adolescent fantasy of what an adult is like), is a crisp white dress shirt everyday with a pair of dark or black jeans, simple boots (like MMM zips or maybe those SLP motorcycle ones) and a nice sweatshirt or simple sweater. Add a leather or parka or something that has been worn for a while and you have a winner.post #115362 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:53ampost #115363 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:54ampost #115364 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:55am
Before I joined SF, I wasn't anywhere near as picky about the way things fit me. I had RTW stuff tailored, but that was more about appearance than comfort. And there was a definite difference in comfort between when I was wearing a suit and tie and when I wasn't. Now, on the rare occasions I buy rtw, I am very particularly about ease of motion within it. As stitchy says, it depends on how well it fits. With most of my stuff, I can't feel a difference in comfort, even with my tie tightened and my jacket buttoned. That being said, it's pretty much all made for me (and all shirts are). I doubt I'd be saying this if that weren't the case.
And I'm willing to bet that if I wore braces, MC would be more comfortable than something with jeanspost #115365 of 1176664/8/14 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by YOLO EMSHI
So I've been putting off posting fits because I only have a camera phone to take photos with plus was going to wait to get my hair cut but fuck it. Although it is disappointing that I can't show detailed shots of the apron from the back because the layers are pretty fucking awesome there. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
. Nadir tejani: TEN
. Damir Doma
i think you can give us a better pic than that hunchback of notre damn thing you posted, whats up with the apron?
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 39 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 39 minutes ago
- › Medium NWT LEVI'S VINTAGE CLOTHING 1940S REVERSIBLE LEATHER JACKET... 41 minutes ago
- › What is the Name of This Blazers Company? 42 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THIS SHOES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 50 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding