Nooo plzzzzz, that sweatshirt looks great. Just not with those pants
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7689post #115321 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:44pmpost #115322 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTG
I'm 44 in a month so I suppose that's old to some. But no excuse to not have a clean, well-executed wardrobe.
Over the past five years or so I've enjoyed filling my closet with nice stuff. MMM, Raf, some Prada, EG, OL, Beams, Jil, and more recently SLP. But I spent many years of my life very heavy and very out of it both stylistically and just in general. Now I'm getting back to a weight I like (165) but the downside of that is that so much of what's in my closet doesn't fit well anymore.
I'm lucky that I've been successful enough as a musician to travel around the world (as far as Japan and NZ) and I'm not showing any signs of stopping. So my goal is to look as good as I can while making and performing music while maintaining a level of age-appropriatness. It sounds tricky but I believe it can be done.
Hoping to glean some tips and direction from this forum while trying not to tax you all's patience.
Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to looking better good.
At first I was going to suggest you check the MC side of SF, given your age, but so many of those guys are really stuffy and you're probably not interested in wearing pocket squares, or getting the perfect lapel width. Instead, I'd suggest you take inspiration from some of the older members who occasionally post in this thread and manage to look well dressed while still looking their age.
Man of Kent
zissoupost #115323 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:59pmpost #115324 of 1176664/7/14 at 9:14pmpost #115325 of 1176664/7/14 at 9:39pmpost #115326 of 1176664/7/14 at 10:51pmpost #115327 of 1176664/7/14 at 10:59pmpost #115328 of 1176664/7/14 at 11:19pmpost #115329 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:24amSo I've been putting off posting fits because I only have a camera phone to take photos with plus was going to wait to get my hair cut but fuck it. Although it is disappointing that I can't show detailed shots of the apron from the back because the layers are pretty fucking awesome there.
. Nadir tejani: TEN
. Damir Domapost #115330 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:50ampost #115331 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:53ampost #115332 of 1176664/8/14 at 3:16am
haha true, didn't realise that until I was in the bathroom. I don't have any mirrors at home apart from the medicine cabinet so I can't really tell what I look like until I find a decent restroom.
Also decided to wear the apron today because the shirt collar was unexpectedly huge (only got in the mail earlier today) so needed something to balance that out. Normally I wouldn't wear it because it is such a hassle to take off when i need to take a dump lolpost #115333 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:00ampost #115334 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:05ampost #115335 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i'm not sure "1800s french house painter" is where this guy is in his progression, but i guess the exposure can't hurt
I don't think the shoes make sense here
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 minutes ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Isaia shirts got smaller? 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Need advice on SuitsDirect! 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Buyer abuses the "item not as described", help! 11 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding