Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7689
Styleforum Top Picks
Nooo plzzzzz, that sweatshirt looks great. Just not with those pants
I'm 44 in a month so I suppose that's old to some. But no excuse to not have a clean, well-executed wardrobe.
Over the past five years or so I've enjoyed filling my closet with nice stuff. MMM, Raf, some Prada, EG, OL, Beams, Jil, and more recently SLP. But I spent many years of my life very heavy and very out of it both stylistically and just in general. Now I'm getting back to a weight I like (165) but the downside of that is that so much of what's in my closet doesn't fit well anymore.
I'm lucky that I've been successful enough as a musician to travel around the world (as far as Japan and NZ) and I'm not showing any signs of stopping. So my goal is to look as good as I can while making and performing music while maintaining a level of age-appropriatness. It sounds tricky but I believe it can be done.
Hoping to glean some tips and direction from this forum while trying not to tax you all's patience.
Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to looking better good.
At first I was going to suggest you check the MC side of SF, given your age, but so many of those guys are really stuffy and you're probably not interested in wearing pocket squares, or getting the perfect lapel width. Instead, I'd suggest you take inspiration from some of the older members who occasionally post in this thread and manage to look well dressed while still looking their age.
Man of Kent
. Nadir tejani: TEN
. Damir Doma
haha true, didn't realise that until I was in the bathroom. I don't have any mirrors at home apart from the medicine cabinet so I can't really tell what I look like until I find a decent restroom.
Also decided to wear the apron today because the shirt collar was unexpectedly huge (only got in the mail earlier today) so needed something to balance that out. Normally I wouldn't wear it because it is such a hassle to take off when i need to take a dump lol
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Eidos Napoli 8 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Burberry Black Wool Peacoat - FW2010 - Size M 5 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...