Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7689post #115321 of 1176684/7/14 at 8:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #115322 of 1176684/7/14 at 8:42pmpost #115323 of 1176684/7/14 at 8:44pmYes, green looks way betterQuote:
Nooo plzzzzz, that sweatshirt looks great. Just not with those pantspost #115324 of 1176684/7/14 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTG
I'm 44 in a month so I suppose that's old to some. But no excuse to not have a clean, well-executed wardrobe.
Over the past five years or so I've enjoyed filling my closet with nice stuff. MMM, Raf, some Prada, EG, OL, Beams, Jil, and more recently SLP. But I spent many years of my life very heavy and very out of it both stylistically and just in general. Now I'm getting back to a weight I like (165) but the downside of that is that so much of what's in my closet doesn't fit well anymore.
I'm lucky that I've been successful enough as a musician to travel around the world (as far as Japan and NZ) and I'm not showing any signs of stopping. So my goal is to look as good as I can while making and performing music while maintaining a level of age-appropriatness. It sounds tricky but I believe it can be done.
Hoping to glean some tips and direction from this forum while trying not to tax you all's patience.
Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to looking better good.
At first I was going to suggest you check the MC side of SF, given your age, but so many of those guys are really stuffy and you're probably not interested in wearing pocket squares, or getting the perfect lapel width. Instead, I'd suggest you take inspiration from some of the older members who occasionally post in this thread and manage to look well dressed while still looking their age.
Man of Kent
zissoupost #115325 of 1176684/7/14 at 8:59pmpost #115326 of 1176684/7/14 at 9:14pmpost #115327 of 1176684/7/14 at 9:39pmpost #115328 of 1176684/7/14 at 10:51pmpost #115329 of 1176684/7/14 at 10:59pmpost #115330 of 1176684/7/14 at 11:19pmpost #115331 of 1176684/8/14 at 12:24amSo I've been putting off posting fits because I only have a camera phone to take photos with plus was going to wait to get my hair cut but fuck it. Although it is disappointing that I can't show detailed shots of the apron from the back because the layers are pretty fucking awesome there.
. Nadir tejani: TEN
. Damir Domapost #115332 of 1176684/8/14 at 12:50ampost #115333 of 1176684/8/14 at 12:53ampost #115334 of 1176684/8/14 at 3:16am
haha true, didn't realise that until I was in the bathroom. I don't have any mirrors at home apart from the medicine cabinet so I can't really tell what I look like until I find a decent restroom.
Also decided to wear the apron today because the shirt collar was unexpectedly huge (only got in the mail earlier today) so needed something to balance that out. Normally I wouldn't wear it because it is such a hassle to take off when i need to take a dump lol
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 36 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Top quality dress pants brands 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Amber 7.5D 13 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 17 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 19 minutes ago
- › ACRONYM BLACK GT-J27PL Size L 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...