Nooo plzzzzz, that sweatshirt looks great. Just not with those pants
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 3:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7689post #115321 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:44pmpost #115322 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTG
I'm 44 in a month so I suppose that's old to some. But no excuse to not have a clean, well-executed wardrobe.
Over the past five years or so I've enjoyed filling my closet with nice stuff. MMM, Raf, some Prada, EG, OL, Beams, Jil, and more recently SLP. But I spent many years of my life very heavy and very out of it both stylistically and just in general. Now I'm getting back to a weight I like (165) but the downside of that is that so much of what's in my closet doesn't fit well anymore.
I'm lucky that I've been successful enough as a musician to travel around the world (as far as Japan and NZ) and I'm not showing any signs of stopping. So my goal is to look as good as I can while making and performing music while maintaining a level of age-appropriatness. It sounds tricky but I believe it can be done.
Hoping to glean some tips and direction from this forum while trying not to tax you all's patience.
Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to looking better good.
At first I was going to suggest you check the MC side of SF, given your age, but so many of those guys are really stuffy and you're probably not interested in wearing pocket squares, or getting the perfect lapel width. Instead, I'd suggest you take inspiration from some of the older members who occasionally post in this thread and manage to look well dressed while still looking their age.
Man of Kent
zissoupost #115323 of 1176664/7/14 at 8:59pmpost #115324 of 1176664/7/14 at 9:14pmpost #115325 of 1176664/7/14 at 9:39pmpost #115326 of 1176664/7/14 at 10:51pmpost #115327 of 1176664/7/14 at 10:59pmpost #115328 of 1176664/7/14 at 11:19pmpost #115329 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:24amSo I've been putting off posting fits because I only have a camera phone to take photos with plus was going to wait to get my hair cut but fuck it. Although it is disappointing that I can't show detailed shots of the apron from the back because the layers are pretty fucking awesome there.
. Nadir tejani: TEN
. Damir Domapost #115330 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:50ampost #115331 of 1176664/8/14 at 12:53ampost #115332 of 1176664/8/14 at 3:16am
haha true, didn't realise that until I was in the bathroom. I don't have any mirrors at home apart from the medicine cabinet so I can't really tell what I look like until I find a decent restroom.
Also decided to wear the apron today because the shirt collar was unexpectedly huge (only got in the mail earlier today) so needed something to balance that out. Normally I wouldn't wear it because it is such a hassle to take off when i need to take a dump lolpost #115333 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:00ampost #115334 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:05ampost #115335 of 1176664/8/14 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i'm not sure "1800s french house painter" is where this guy is in his progression, but i guess the exposure can't hurt
I don't think the shoes make sense here
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › Vass P2 Size 42/UK 8 wide fit 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › OG '97 Helmut Lang Goose Down Jacket (48/M) 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Upper Refinishing Package 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2017: THE DIFFICULT TIE 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway