Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7648post #114706 of 1176663/27/14 at 12:03pmpost #114707 of 1176663/27/14 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
speaking of downtown baltimore.....
so this just happened:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)me: goes outside to enjoy a smoke
random white dude yelling: naw girl i aint takin you back! you know why i left you huh? cuz you been out sucking dick and fucking for money thats why!!! get the fuck out. i aint takin you back.
me: steps to the side because awkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard
random white dude: yo man, you wouldnt happen to have an extra cigarette would you?
me: gives him a smoke
random white dude: shit, thanks man. its been a really rough week, ive been out panhandlin' all day and night to pay rent and my wife been out on the streets sucking dick and fucking for money.
me: sheit. well, enjoy the fug.
me: continues to smoke.... but wait! i am now approached by a random white chick
random random white chick: excuse me sir, you wouldnt happen to have an extra cigarette would you?
me: sure, here ya go.
random white chick now crying: thank you. thank you soooo much. its been a really hard week.
me: ok, take care.
perhaps it was all just an elaborate ruse to bum two cigarettes? the world may never know.
It was great meeting you! We def need to do that again some timepost #114708 of 1176663/27/14 at 12:19pmpost #114709 of 1176663/27/14 at 12:41pmStitches - I think the light jacket/darker pants thing is always a challenge to pull off. I have some very pale grey flannel trou - those or cream flannels would work best with that jacket I think. Or tan twills or something in the light shade family.The medium-dark grey kinda steals that jacket's cheery thunder, or contrasts in a way that diminishes both. It's not bad really, just kinda blah.post #114710 of 1176663/27/14 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Baron
Stitches - I think the light jacket/darker pants thing is always a challenge to pull off. I have some very pale grey flannel trou - those or cream flannels would work best with that jacket I think. Or tan twills or something in the light shade family.The medium-dark grey kinda steals that jacket's cheery thunder, or contrasts in a way that diminishes both. It's not bad really, just kinda blah.
cool. thanks, baron. indeed the lighter up top is always a challenge.
i am actually wearing tan twills right now, they might be a good match for the SC, though i wonder if there may be not enough contrast. i could try with light/dove gray as well.
just for reference, these are the pants i wore with it in the past.post #114711 of 1176663/27/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
Do you have link to the reddit thread? I am curious to readpost #114712 of 1176663/27/14 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
interesting. i still don't see it tho. i mean, a jacket like this is pretty much always going to be somewhat jarring, its a loud jacket by nature. outside of white, i don't think there could be a better shirt for this jacket than the light blue i have on. also, do you find it out of place solely with the overcoat, or in the spoilered pic as well without the coat?
Agree with everyone else, sport coat's too light in comparison with rest of fit. I'd start with the same sport coat which is really nice but wear lighter shades for shirt, tie, pants, shoes, and overcoat. Even in the pic right above with brown pants I think the shirt's too blue and needs to be lighter. (If memory serves me believe Synthese made this same observation when you posted it originally.) This is like yesterday's version of the bright purple pants. Your personality's "bright" might be why you like loud contrasting colors but I think most of us would prefer your fits with more color sophistication while keeping your bright personality.
post #114713 of 1176663/27/14 at 1:36pmpost #114714 of 1176663/27/14 at 1:43pmQuote:Quote:
I need to read that book. I've read great reviews for it. There were a few articles on homelessness in SF after some hoity toity type in the tech sector basically said that they should all be kicked out of the city for being scabs on an otherwise nice area.
One of the biggest rationales for raising minimum wage (aside from it being long overdue) is that the lowest income earners spend their money the quickest and economists think that this will inject more capital into the economy.
It's sad but true. It's much easier to find a job when you have a home... and a job.post #114715 of 1176663/27/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
i am glad you pointed that last part out, as i did not want to myself. its something that i mentioned yesterday in the NMWA thread about the different frozen waves coats available for pre-order from SS.
todays fit got universal love in MC, and universal non-love (well maybe that is the wrong word, but everyone seemed to agree on the critique) here. in MC having contrast, even high contrast, is liked, while here, the preference is much stronger for tonal combinations.
different strokes for different folks perhaps. either way, i do see what the issue is people have with it from an intellectual standpoint, and even perhaps from an aesthetic one as well.post #114716 of 1176663/27/14 at 2:04pmpost #114717 of 1176663/27/14 at 2:08pmpost #114718 of 1176663/27/14 at 2:11pmpost #114719 of 1176663/27/14 at 2:13pmpost #114720 of 1176663/27/14 at 3:05pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 21 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 27 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 44 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 50 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 51 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 52 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...