or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7626  

post #114376 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post


I would think frisco would have a bi-law by now where only law & finance sectors do cm, gov does bizcas, and everybody else does whatever the fuck they want

and what is bizcas anyway?
I recall some girl i worked with up north and she used to wear tailored pant suits with flip flops into boardroom meetings, and what do you think she said when I asked wtf is up with that, "but it's bizcas", oh really? I say lift the guise and give free rein to all


Minus 10 points from griffindor for calling it frisco.

post #114377 of 117666
I'd like to eventually work in tech and be able to wear fashunz to work.
post #114378 of 117666
Related to tech, I thought it was an interesting read to an otherwise foreign industry to me http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/magazine/silicon-valleys-youth-problem.html?referrer=
post #114379 of 117666
i was reprimanded a few days ago for dressing in the fashunz. i was told the way that i dress intimidates customers and makes it harder for them to approach me. hello company polos and khakis...
post #114380 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post

i was reprimanded a few days ago for dressing in the fashunz. i was told the way that i dress intimidates customers and makes it harder for them to approach me. hello company polos and khakis...

What do you do and what were you wearing?
post #114381 of 117666
i sell cars at one of the largest dealerships in western MA. i never wear anything too extreme and technically i'm always dressed within the dresscode. on that particular day i was wearing a hidden placket BD tucked into a pair of wool trousers that i had pinrolled, with a pair of black leather derbies and a waxed cotton bomber jacket.
post #114382 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Minus 10 points from griffindor for calling it frisco.

Edited by canstyleace - 4/5/14 at 12:06am
post #114383 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

You guys try the e cigarettes ?

 

I quit using one of these.  Would recommend it. Don't use it anymore except occasionally with 0 nicotine juice for kicks.

post #114384 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


shoes so cool. kinda want to see you post them in MC just to watch the carnage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Unfortunately I have to biz cas M-F. Halp.

go balls to the wall biz like a baws.
post #114385 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post

i sell cars at one of the largest dealerships in western MA. i never wear anything too extreme and technically i'm always dressed within the dresscode. on that particular day i was wearing a hidden placket BD tucked into a pair of wool trousers that i had pinrolled, with a pair of black leather derbies and a waxed cotton bomber jacket.

 

Sell any cars that day? 

post #114386 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post

i sell cars at one of the largest dealerships in western MA. i never wear anything too extreme and technically i'm always dressed within the dresscode. on that particular day i was wearing a hidden placket BD tucked into a pair of wool trousers that i had pinrolled, with a pair of black leather derbies and a waxed cotton bomber jacket.

One day I'll buy Landrover from you, if you have them.

I could see how that could be "threatening" if it's all black and white and with atypical proportions. You say that the trousers were pinrolled. Were the shoes something like Augustus?

Anyway, you could easily go dadcore or cm lite, and no one would care.
post #114387 of 117666
I've been in tech my whole career more or less. Tucked in company polos are terror.
post #114388 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


One day I'll buy Landrover from you, if you have them.

I could see how that could be "threatening" if it's all black and white and with atypical proportions. You say that the trousers were pinrolled. Were the shoes something like Augustus?

Anyway, you could easily go dadcore or cm lite, and no one would care.

 

Yeah, I think wearing a bomber might come off weird. If he was wearing an SC and trousers, he'd be fine. I think he needs to err more on the CM side than the SWD side for jobs like that.


Edited by ridethecliche - 3/22/14 at 7:41pm
post #114389 of 117666
i work for a startup and i can wear whatever i want >: )
post #114390 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

One day I'll buy Landrover from you, if you have them.

I could see how that could be "threatening" if it's all black and white and with atypical proportions. You say that the trousers were pinrolled. Were the shoes something like Augustus?

Anyway, you could easily go dadcore or cm lite, and no one would care.

haha, yea we do take land rovers in every now and then. between the 4 franchises, we have an array of used vehicles.

the derbies were a pair of lightly distressed black NDC's and yes, it was all black/white. most of the people that i work with wear the typical OCBD's with cufflinks, dockers and paisley ties. there's obviously nothing wrong with that, i just like to present myself in a way that better represents my lifestyle. i seem to be pretty welcoming to the younger generation customers that come in, but i guess to the older customers, i may seem a little bit too casual. the "reprimander" was the GM who is all about us buying and wearing company branded clothing. he pretty much just wants me to tone it down a bit, which i can definitely manage. i've been testing the boundaries for the last year and i knew it would just be a matter of time before somebody said something to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread