not sure what tho
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7518
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah, last time I wore one of my 3" knit ties I asked in MC about knots that might be smaller than a FIH. I didn't get any good suggestions. The photo you quoted above actually shows a FIH knot but it looks like the size of a windsor just because there is no taper to that tie. I may have to just get thinner knit ties but I'll check out the Kent knot you're talking about next time.
On other ties, I've always defaulted to the windsor knot because, having a smaller neck, there is no way to tie a FIH without the tie being way too long. But I also think the windsor is a generally better-looking knot anyway.
I never use the symmetrical half-windsor though.
So this turned out to be pretty good advice:
Slimmer pants and maybe some cool socks if you go for the whole short pant thing and cooler shoes definitely
Nice. Reminds me of a fit I did. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i can see the similarity but the jeans stacking and boots work way better than the other
Stitchy, isn't there a shoe store in bodymore where you can try things on? If you're going to have 1 pair of black boots for all kinds if crap weather, they may as well fit.
And, if you're not completely set on adopting the evil time traveller look, I'll remind you of the fact that you have a lot of nice tan/mid-brown outerwear that won't go with black at all. A beat up pair of jeans and brown roughout boots (Viberg?) could work out great. Fewer thumbs, tho.
yeah, that is kind of the issue here, a lot of the really cool soulless evil boots i do not think jive with most of my earth-toned gear. though green or brown and black can be great, but it needs to be the right boot.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 17 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Art 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)