or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7505  

post #112561 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

That's nuts.

Just insane, can you imagine how much finger and core strength this guy must have? He looks so damn casual too


There's an extended video somewhere, and a 60 Minutes interview with him too, really interesting
post #112562 of 117666
Alex Honnold is insane but 5.12 is pretty tough but isn't that difficult. Obviously, if you're free climbing, you're not going to send the toughest problems.

One of the strongest boulderers:
Daniel Woods

Ashima Shiraishi is ridiculous:

Chris Sharma, known as the best sport climber in the wold:

Adam Ondra because...how can you be so strong yet so skinny...

Like any seasoned athlete, they will make their sport look easy. This is no different. Climbing casually just comes from technique and extremely important in energy conservation; again, obviously crucial in free climbing.
post #112563 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I don't really do streetwear, but I walked down a road to get here...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


haha... awesome. You are looking ever more Nordic Liam.
post #112564 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post

Alex Honnold is insane but 5.12 is pretty tough but isn't that difficult. Obviously, if you're free climbing, you're not going to send the toughest problems.

One of the strongest boulderers:
Daniel Woods

Ashima Shiraishi is ridiculous:

Chris Sharma, known as the best sport climber in the wold:

Adam Ondra because...how can you be so strong yet so skinny...
Like any seasoned athlete, they will make their sport look easy. This is no different. Climbing casually just comes from technique and extremely important in energy conservation; again, obviously crucial in free climbing.

 

is this hobby expensive

post #112565 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

is this hobby expensive

Well, I boulder instead of sport climbing for this reason. All you need are shoes, chalk and a day pass ($7-20). I consider this immensely more fun than the gym and you get a fun workout. Sport climbing requires certification, ropes, cams, harness, etc. and it can get pricey. People at all the climbing gyms I've been to are extremely nice, laid back and always willing to teach. The reason I go back is for the environment.

Plus, no gymbros. Okay, I lied. There are gym bros that come to show off the to climbing hunniez. But it's funny when they get outclimbed by even the kids.
post #112566 of 117666
You guys are making me miss Fontainebleau.
post #112567 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamacyborg View Post

You guys are making me miss Fontainebleau.

As a Parisian, I approve. My son's just 7 but he's a real monkey. He loves to hit the rocks there.
post #112568 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post


As a Parisian, I approve. My son's just 7 but he's a real monkey. He loves to hit the rocks there.

 

Awesome, we lived right next to the forest in Veneux-Les-Sablons, my dad used to bring me out there all the time on his motocross bike, great place to grow up.

post #112569 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by LelandJ View Post
 

 

Deets on waterproof boots?

 


Just a pair of LL Bean hunting boots. I wax them pretty regularly and they're great for stuff like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


reminds me of.......






........



..


...............GLACIERS!!!!


Hehe just a fjörð, the glaciers are a bit further north, the mountains are in the way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post


looks more like the PNW than "Princeton, NJ" so thanks for paying a visit. You fit right in.


Yeah, I should probably update that seeing as how I haven´t left the Nordic countries in over a year...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


haha... awesome. You are looking ever more Nordic Liam.

 

I try ;) Even got yelled at last weekend for "pretending to be foreign to pick up chicks". I'd call that successful integration.

post #112570 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post


Just a pair of LL Bean hunting boots. I wax them pretty regularly and they're great for stuff like that.

of fucking course you did.
post #112571 of 117666

Who has the time for climbing?

 

Dat nineties beat tho.

 

 

 1:10 is ludicrous.

post #112572 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

Who has the time for climbing?

 

Dat nineties beat tho.

 

 

 1:10 is ludicrous.

 

 

Died age 35 :(

post #112573 of 117666
i would sit in that skyscraper cage thing, but eff no to climbing.
post #112574 of 117666


Prorsum wool panelled jacket
Dries cashmere camouflage scarf
Margiela cashmere elbow pad crew neck knit (no vis)
Dries colorblock wool pants (can't really see, but they're navy/black)
Raf horsehair shoes
Margiela ID bracelet (no vis)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by KingJulien - 2/26/14 at 10:27am
post #112575 of 117666
That is killer KJ. Love that Prorsum coat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread