or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7430  

post #111436 of 117666
Sick. I'm liking your hair and the pants.

White socks always a good choice
post #111437 of 117666

thanks.

hard to tell from pic maybe, but my hair is pretty much cut like this

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Socks are actually a light beige, but a white pair would work equally well for the aesthetic.

post #111438 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorje View Post

 

What sugar said... but also I really don't care what people on SF or the internets think nearly as much as IRL. So SF's reaction is not that important, has little to do with how good your outfit looks to most average folks, and thus pasteurization shouldn't worry too much about posting pics here because the feedback, while it can be good, may not correlate with his reality.

 

As a result of that, I think looks here that get a lot of thumbs and appreciation may not get the same kind of appreciation IRL, in fact maybe the opposite in some cases.

 

I don't agree with this statement.  With the exception of some of the schneider/goth ninja fits that are a direct appeal to forum tastes, well-dressed is well-dressed.  People won't notice if you dress like a slob because most do, but they will notice if you consistently look good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post
 

The average person cares much less about how you dress than you do. Provided you're not wearing a DvN paisley suit to meet your stodgy accounting firm's CEO it's unlikely how you're dressed will draw more than a second glance

 

In my experience wearing Dries anywhere will get you a second glance.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I think I've said this plenty of times (to be completely honest) one of the things that draws me to Margiela is the mostly classic styles with small little awesome changes that I won't hate when I'm 35

I think we have plenty of examples from the older gents in this forum wearing cool shit, but I don't know what I would do with a collection of Rick in my late 30's. I know I know Kunk et al, but this requires a more "normal" wardrobe for work and or family trips type stuff. I like having one set of wears that is normal wearable enough for all occasions. I won't ever escape my Cuban culture so I've made peace with this

Basically I'm saying I like to have a middle ground. I also live in wastelands of huge linen pants and the jacket shorts combo. In my part of the caribbean you can walk around shirtless anywhere you want before that is brought up satisfied.gif

Protip from a guy I met in Palm Beach. Millionaires don't own yachts, billionaires do
 

I try to do this, too, although in a different way than you.  One of the coolest things about Margiela is that the clothes are intentionally anachronistic and thus can't really go out of style - you can have a '90s-cut blazer with 2014 tailoring paired with a '70's collar shirt and '80's acid-wash jeans and it looks current (but not).

post #111439 of 117666


Another terrible photo... All Cabourn, with Hill Side scarf and Wolverine shoes...

Ring by Fine Light Trading; obligatory Field Notes + Blackwing hipster journo accessories...







post #111440 of 117666

post #111441 of 117666
Those jeans look way too tight to me, good fit on the TOJ though
post #111442 of 117666

Jeans are a bit tight and I would wear the scarf in another way. Maybe just wrap it around your neck. Looks a bit feminine and out of place in relation to the rest of the fit.

 

Everything else seems spot on.

post #111443 of 117666
I disagree about the scarf, maybe because that's how I usually wear them.

Agreed that the jeans are a little snug but the ToJ is money.
post #111444 of 117666
It's very much a different style than I like, or would wear. To me the TOJ sleeves are too short, the jeans are too tight, and the scarf is too short and tight. But maybe they all just go together like that and that's the look you're going for, in which case I get it. Hair looks really good, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I usually despise those types of earrings on guys, but they kind of work with the style you have going.
post #111445 of 117666

iamcyborg, I dig your fit, scarf and jeans included. The only thing that irritates the eye is the mess in your closet, but that's a minor issue.

post #111446 of 117666
maybe cuz so much of MC unreasonably hates anything red and i feel the need to buck, i like tony's red tee.
post #111447 of 117666

The fit is clean. I like it a lot. I'm an average guy in north america though. 

post #111448 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severisth View Post

Those jeans look way too tight to me, good fit on the TOJ though

 

 

Ideally I'd have something with a bit more room in the thigh, still looking for that perfect pair of jeans though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

It's very much a different style than I like, or would wear. To me the TOJ sleeves are too short, the jeans are too tight, and the scarf is too short and tight. But maybe they all just go together like that and that's the look you're going for, in which case I get it. Hair looks really good, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I usually despise those types of earrings on guys, but they kind of work with the style you have going.
 

ToJ sleeves are definitely a bit too short, but the jumper usually ends up going past it and I quite like the way that ends up looking. Isn't shown in that photo though :( Ears were pierced straight to 6mm with biopsy punches and subsequently stretched to 8mm so they're not going anywhere! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post
 

Jeans are a bit tight and I would wear the scarf in another way. Maybe just wrap it around your neck. Looks a bit feminine and out of place in relation to the rest of the fit.

 

Everything else seems spot on.

 

It's a pretty thin scarf so ends up not looking like much if it's not wrapped that way.

 

 

I've put an order in earlier today for an 80 x 40" merino scarf from Luxire which should be a bit nicer.

 

 

Thanks for comments everyone, appreciate it!

post #111449 of 117666



uniform life.

post #111450 of 117666

nice fit.  wth is that song though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread