or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7426  

post #111376 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Prague Winters View Post

Are you still on the fence about that cardigan?

No, I've lost weight so it fits me better now.
post #111377 of 117666
@conceptual 4est, now that my excitement has died down, could I ask you what specifically it was about that fit that made you say it was the one?

If it was something specific, I would like to nail that down so I can try to continue doing that. Thanks!
post #111378 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Regarding that n(n) cardigan, it's surprising (disappointing) that we don't really have anyone on this forum from Japan with a phenomenal collection of pieces like that from Japanese designers. There are plenty of people here with great pieces, but there must be a ton of Japanese people with crazy collections that could lay waste to this thread if they bothered to post. Just a thought, as I ruminate on what my wardrobe might look like if I lived in Tokyo.

(Or do we? Am I forgetting someone?)

Nicelynice regularly kills it here, and i believe he lives in Tokyo.

Actually I will relocate to either France or Japan at the end of this year, we haven't determined yet... Either destination will hurt my wallet, but Japan will be deadly...

post #111379 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

@conceptual 4est, now that my excitement has died down, could I ask you what specifically it was about that fit that made you say it was the one?

If it was something specific, I would like to nail that down so I can try to continue doing that. Thanks!

 

Haha well I just think all of the colors work well here today, an the weight and style of each piece.  I'm not a big fan of when you wear that coat with tan or brown trousers, because it's just too much... brown.  But I really like it with the off-white jeans, I really like the off-white jeans with those shoes because it's unexpected but still works, and I like the vest both stylistically and as a dark layer up top.  The blue shirt shirt works too and grounds it all, keeping it from seeming too forced.  I feel like you were most definitely inspired by some of the (always fantastic) merchandising you saw when you were at that fancy Ralph Lauren store last week....

post #111380 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

What is the purpose of ascertaining what normal people think about how you look as far as it relates to posting on Style Forum. Presumably if somebody is posting a picture here and looking for feedback here that means that they want to get feedback relating to how things are viewed as good here.

If somebody just wants the opinion of the average passerby on the street they could just ask their regular friends. :P

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I think, Stitchy, they're saying it's possible to start tailoring one's clothing for the aesthetic proclivities of SW&D and then find oneself wearing clothes that attract more attention than intended on the street. Not a consideration for everyone, of course. Same goes on the MC side of the wall, too.

 

 

What sugar said... but also I really don't care what people on SF or the internets think nearly as much as IRL. So SF's reaction is not that important, has little to do with how good your outfit looks to most average folks, and thus pasteurization shouldn't worry too much about posting pics here because the feedback, while it can be good, may not correlate with his reality.

 

As a result of that, I think looks here that get a lot of thumbs and appreciation may not get the same kind of appreciation IRL, in fact maybe the opposite in some cases.

post #111381 of 117666
heaps of great fits!!
@ghostface killah and @myshoeiswet bringin da ruckus! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@in stitches, those are thumbholes on the sleeves. the trousers, i think they were around $400 or so on sale at farfetch from last year. i would check out sz, sufu , ebay for deals. zam barrett (zfactorie) would also be a good place to start for something comparable.
post #111382 of 117666
how did you size the obscur?
post #111383 of 117666

The average person cares much less about how you dress than you do. Provided you're not wearing a DvN paisley suit to meet your stodgy accounting firm's CEO it's unlikely how you're dressed will draw more than a second glance

post #111384 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Regarding that n(n) cardigan, it's surprising (disappointing) that we don't really have anyone on this forum from Japan with a phenomenal collection of pieces like that from Japanese designers. There are plenty of people here with great pieces, but there must be a ton of Japanese people with crazy collections that could lay waste to this thread if they bothered to post. Just a thought, as I ruminate on what my wardrobe might look like if I lived in Tokyo.

(Or do we? Am I forgetting someone?)

It's sort of amazing how Japanese pieces from the 90s and early 2000s still collectively knock us off our feet and remain on point trend wise. Seriously impressive
post #111385 of 117666
post #111386 of 117666
reversolover, those proportions are goofy as hell and yet for some reason i really like it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #111387 of 117666
Caveat, deets on the cardigan?
post #111388 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp View Post

Caveat, deets on the cardigan?

Stephan Schneider
FROM RUGS TO RICHES
post #111389 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

reversolover, those proportions are goofy as hell and yet for some reason i really like it! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I think the sock-tuck makes this work. Gives it a whole hiking-type vibe.
post #111390 of 117666
@Bam!ChairDanceThanks for the feedback - the jacket is a little boxy + I have it unbuttoned & my hands pocketed so it makes it puff out a little more than normal.

@brightorangetrousers The pants are actually cuffed like that at the bottom, no sock tuck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread