Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7301post #109501 of 1176661/16/14 at 11:24ampost #109502 of 1176661/16/14 at 11:25ampost #109503 of 1176661/16/14 at 11:29am
Sinnedk, I have always disliked that scene although I like that movie otherwise. For some some strange reason I find that scene utterly obscene and vulgar, even though I am a fan of porn and the concept of 'pussy' all aroundpost #109504 of 1176661/16/14 at 11:35amQuote:
I'm assuming you mean clothes shopping:
-Le bon marché (best department store, the bookstore and food dept are also good)
-L'éclaireur rue Hérold and Malher (avant-garde & designer)
-Pigalle if you wanna see the "french Supreme"
-Massaro to visit a bespoke shoemaker atelier and see the haute couture creations made for Chanel)
-Do the luxury shopping walk: start on rue saint-honoré and go up to faubourg saint-honoré. You’ll see Colette, Hermès, Lanvin, YSL, watches etc + it is a nice walk.
Fashion week hangout (so in Le Marais) :
-Café Charlot or Le Progrès. Food is decent at Charlot but that's about it.
-Stolly’s (anglo bar but a certain clique of fashion peeps and rockers hangs out there)
-Really good coffee in Paris (American-San-Francisco style hipster coffee shop): Cafothèque. It is near the Maison Européenne de la photographie if you wanna see the David Lynch photo expo.
-People will go to: Le Silencio, Le Baron, Le Montana
If you want to eat boeuf Bourguignon at 4 in the morning Chez Denise is a traditional eatery in Les Halles open 24 hours. Good hearty French food where night workers used to have a meal. Cheap for what it is and you won’t finish your plate.
Le colimaçon (http://www.lafourchette.com/2_restaurant/restaurant_Paris/restaurant_Le_Colimacon/10930/) is a good tradish French eatery in Le Marais
-Macarons: go to Ladurée and get the lemon pie. It’s a corny, touristy place (although high-end) but I’m not a dessert person and I love the pie. Another good sweets place is Sadaharu Aoki. There’s also Pain de sucre in Le Marais
-Oysters: Huîtrerie Régis in the 6th
-There is also a good one at Metro Place Monge in the 5th with a place that sells urchins nearby.
-La cantine Vietnamienne (http://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d719121-r15397345-Foyer_Vietnam-Paris_Ile_de_France.html) is a cheap viet in le quartier Latin that I like, there are a lot of cheap restaurants around so you should to to place Monge, check out la Cantine then maybe the market, it’s all within a 5 minute walk.
-Another good place in the 5th: la fourmi ailée, 8 rue Fouarre close to the garden of Saint Julien le Pauvre church (oldest and only remaining romanesque church in Paris if I remember correctly, apparently the oldest tree in Paris is also in that garden. it's right next to the shakespeare & co bookstore).
-La maison des 3 thés in the 5th is also a super good teahouse
-A hype place for burgers: Hôtel Amour, ok if you’re taking someone out.
-Breakfast in America in le Marais is good for American food, you sometimes have to wait
-Have couscous at Chez Omar in Le Marais or go to the hipster area near Metro Poissonnière to eat at La Fidélité or chez Jeanette.
-Go to Karl Lagerfeld’s bookstore (7L) in the 6th, lots of good artbooks and mags and English-friendly. There are good bookstores in Paris but they mainly cater to French speakers, this one is international.
-Shakespeare & Co is the classic English bookstorepost #109505 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:05pmpost #109506 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:08pm
To add a few suggestions re Paris:
-Les Planches in the 1st is another good night spot (go thursday for Au Bonheur des Dames)
-Pierre Herme for best macarons in Paris
-Jacques Genin for chocolate and pastries
-L'As du Fallafel in the Marais for the best falafel you've ever had
I would also highly recommend getting the "Food Lover's Guide to Paris" app by Patricia Wells for offline, gps-enabled search and reviews of great restaurants and food stores all over Paris. I used this every day when I was there for a few months.post #109507 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:11pmpost #109508 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:12pmTBH for restaurants I mostly copypasted something I had sent by PM to a member. I didn't put much in the way of serious/high quality eating, just places in the 5th and some decent Marais hangout. Not going to start a huge paris restaurant thread but if you want some higher end eating just let me know.
Les planches is where you go when you're underage but can buy bottles, I'm assuming tirailleur doesn't want to experience this. Music in Paris usually sucks unless it's Le Rex or Concrete. Fashion week parties or people hang out at the three (exclusive) places I mentioned. If you are used to american clubbing keep in mind people arrive after midnight and leave at 3-5.
Typical fascist week evening planning:
-Eat at whatever
-Go drink at Charlot until 12-12:30
-Go out to where the party is heldpost #109509 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:20pmpost #109510 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:44pmpost #109511 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:45pmQuote:
Yeah, I've got my eyes on a few things but finding stuff that fits isn't all that easy. Had to return some MMM sidezips because they were too big :(Quote:
Definitely go to a Moroccan and a Vietnamese restaurant.post #109512 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:49pmQuote:
Dunno if this is ironic but those two being former colonies, moroccan and Vietnamese can be really good cheap eateries.post #109513 of 1176661/16/14 at 12:50pmpost #109514 of 1176661/16/14 at 1:04pmpost #109515 of 1176661/16/14 at 1:16pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Free ties 13 seconds ago
- › 38S beater suits, free! 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 44 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Brexit 15 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Cinch Pants Worsted Wool Flannel 16 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Andover Jacket Worsted Wool Flannel 18 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding