I definitely need to get cooler shoes. Decent boots are high on my kop list, but I've got small feet so finding stuff is pretty hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7301
Styleforum Top Picks
Sinnedk, I have always disliked that scene although I like that movie otherwise. For some some strange reason I find that scene utterly obscene and vulgar, even though I am a fan of porn and the concept of 'pussy' all around
I'm assuming you mean clothes shopping:
-Le bon marché (best department store, the bookstore and food dept are also good)
-L'éclaireur rue Hérold and Malher (avant-garde & designer)
-Pigalle if you wanna see the "french Supreme"
-Massaro to visit a bespoke shoemaker atelier and see the haute couture creations made for Chanel)
-Do the luxury shopping walk: start on rue saint-honoré and go up to faubourg saint-honoré. You’ll see Colette, Hermès, Lanvin, YSL, watches etc + it is a nice walk.
Fashion week hangout (so in Le Marais) :
-Café Charlot or Le Progrès. Food is decent at Charlot but that's about it.
-Stolly’s (anglo bar but a certain clique of fashion peeps and rockers hangs out there)
-Really good coffee in Paris (American-San-Francisco style hipster coffee shop): Cafothèque. It is near the Maison Européenne de la photographie if you wanna see the David Lynch photo expo.
-People will go to: Le Silencio, Le Baron, Le Montana
If you want to eat boeuf Bourguignon at 4 in the morning Chez Denise is a traditional eatery in Les Halles open 24 hours. Good hearty French food where night workers used to have a meal. Cheap for what it is and you won’t finish your plate.
Le colimaçon (http://www.lafourchette.com/2_restaurant/restaurant_Paris/restaurant_Le_Colimacon/10930/) is a good tradish French eatery in Le Marais
-Macarons: go to Ladurée and get the lemon pie. It’s a corny, touristy place (although high-end) but I’m not a dessert person and I love the pie. Another good sweets place is Sadaharu Aoki. There’s also Pain de sucre in Le Marais
-Oysters: Huîtrerie Régis in the 6th
-There is also a good one at Metro Place Monge in the 5th with a place that sells urchins nearby.
-La cantine Vietnamienne (http://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d719121-r15397345-Foyer_Vietnam-Paris_Ile_de_France.html) is a cheap viet in le quartier Latin that I like, there are a lot of cheap restaurants around so you should to to place Monge, check out la Cantine then maybe the market, it’s all within a 5 minute walk.
-Another good place in the 5th: la fourmi ailée, 8 rue Fouarre close to the garden of Saint Julien le Pauvre church (oldest and only remaining romanesque church in Paris if I remember correctly, apparently the oldest tree in Paris is also in that garden. it's right next to the shakespeare & co bookstore).
-La maison des 3 thés in the 5th is also a super good teahouse
-A hype place for burgers: Hôtel Amour, ok if you’re taking someone out.
-Breakfast in America in le Marais is good for American food, you sometimes have to wait
-Have couscous at Chez Omar in Le Marais or go to the hipster area near Metro Poissonnière to eat at La Fidélité or chez Jeanette.
-Go to Karl Lagerfeld’s bookstore (7L) in the 6th, lots of good artbooks and mags and English-friendly. There are good bookstores in Paris but they mainly cater to French speakers, this one is international.
-Shakespeare & Co is the classic English bookstore
To add a few suggestions re Paris:
-Les Planches in the 1st is another good night spot (go thursday for Au Bonheur des Dames)
-Pierre Herme for best macarons in Paris
-Jacques Genin for chocolate and pastries
-L'As du Fallafel in the Marais for the best falafel you've ever had
I would also highly recommend getting the "Food Lover's Guide to Paris" app by Patricia Wells for offline, gps-enabled search and reviews of great restaurants and food stores all over Paris. I used this every day when I was there for a few months.
Les planches is where you go when you're underage but can buy bottles, I'm assuming tirailleur doesn't want to experience this. Music in Paris usually sucks unless it's Le Rex or Concrete. Fashion week parties or people hang out at the three (exclusive) places I mentioned. If you are used to american clubbing keep in mind people arrive after midnight and leave at 3-5.
Typical fascist week evening planning:
-Eat at whatever
-Go drink at Charlot until 12-12:30
-Go out to where the party is held
Yeah, I've got my eyes on a few things but finding stuff that fits isn't all that easy. Had to return some MMM sidezips because they were too big :(
Definitely go to a Moroccan and a Vietnamese restaurant.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Undercoverism Double Waist Pants Size 2 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Architecture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...