Hennree - what cardigan is it on your second picture?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7296post #109426 of 1176661/15/14 at 11:46ampost #109427 of 1176661/15/14 at 11:49amQuote:
well yes, but i was talking about fits.Quote:
i have been into clothing since i was 12. but when i look back on it i sucked. i was really into structure and hilfiger in my early teens.Quote:Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
@in stitches basically, yeah, a person could get mad about this. if you get way into the SW&D side and think you understand what makes this place work and then a fit comes along you totally dislike and it gets a lot of praise, you might be pissed off that the forum isn't how you thought it was, that what you thought you understood has either changed or is not in line with you. i'm not speaking for anyone, but i'm saying the scenario you lay out is possible.
clearly its possible lol, im just saying i dont understand it. even as you lay it out, i could see that that could lead to frustration that you thought you understood something and then you realize maybe you dont. but i dont see why that should make a reasonable person upset with anyone else.post #109428 of 1176661/15/14 at 11:51amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i have had a pretty dramatic improvement since SF, but its all on the MC side. sorry, guys.
i just want to be sure, does anyone actually get upset when a post they dont want to thumb gets thumbs from other people? is that a real thing?
i mean, i could get being upset if you think you had a great a fit and no one gave you props, hell, i just did that. but why the eff does it matter if and why someone else is getting thumbs?
I certainly hope not
And I feel like this whole conversation was blown way out of proportions, more people should post fits insteadpost #109429 of 1176661/15/14 at 11:52ampost #109430 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:00pmpost #109431 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:01pmpost #109432 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:01pmpost #109433 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:02pmpost #109434 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:08pmpost #109435 of 1176661/15/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
i have no fit to post.
i feel like there is a good meme to be made from this.post #109436 of 1176661/15/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jbravo
I support the views of jipz and Hr. Huh on this. I have see here average and even pretty shitty fits (posted by old timers/popular posters) that got lots of thumbs and good to outstanding fits that hardly got any thumbs. I personally dislike this kind of approach but at the same time perfectly understand that this phenomenon is inevitable. Good that some posters, like Chairs, are at least honest and admit that they sometimes give a thumb to a fit only because it belongs to a certain poster. I, personally, am never biased when giving my thumb. I often give thumbs to people I don't particularly like (or by whom I'm not particularly liked) only because I like the particular fit.
so anything you like is a good fit and anything you don't like is a bad fit right?post #109437 of 1176661/15/14 at 1:12pmpost #109438 of 1176661/15/14 at 1:21pmpost #109439 of 1176661/15/14 at 1:27pmpost #109440 of 1176661/15/14 at 1:29pm
my thumbs are totally arbitrary ;)
same here. maybe gettting more specific about certain stuff, replacing things I've always liked with more unique versions. I'd have to say my shopping habits have changed the most since I've been on SF. not only pricier but more esoteric things. whereas I used to read a few fashion mags and browse my local shops, now thanks to a lot of the posters here, I can see lookbooks from small unknown (to me) brands and browse stores from all over the world.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 45 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 53 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 59 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 hour ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...