Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7279post #109171 of 1176681/12/14 at 12:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #109172 of 1176681/12/14 at 12:41ampost #109173 of 1176681/12/14 at 1:15amQuote:Love the ideas 1 and 2 (like many others!) when do we start?Originally Posted by ghostface
dudes, it is time to organize the next fit challenge. i've been thinking about doing something a bit more...thematic. below are three ideas. let's decide together.
1. militarism. this category could be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, since so much of men's fashion has been adapted from military wear. reference the ww1 colonel with the shiny boots, the pilot with the oversized ma-1, or the guerrilla fighting the techno-fascist forces of evil in the year 2099. this last possibility could also be used for category #2:
2. thriving post-apocalypse. this category might seem to favor those with "darker" garments in their closet, but i think that with some creativity even the stodgiest cm-er could excel. perhaps you're the mayor of a broken city of survivors. how will you style your glen plaid suit with that fur coat you just found in the abandoned mansion? and will it successfully conceal your shotgun? i wouldn't want this to shade too far into cos-play, but i think it could be fun to see what ideas/references people come up with (and remember, emphasis on thriving post-apocalypse).
3. garments with history. incorporate a (some) garment(s) that has a notable history. this can either be because it is unusually old-- whether it was passed down from your grandfather or discovered at a thrift store-- or because it has (and you would be willing to share) some personal story behind it. that is to say, the history can be just in the garment or in your particular relationship to the garment (or both). i imagine that some entries would incorporate the best features of posts from the contentedness thread.
thoughts?post #109174 of 1176681/12/14 at 8:02ampost #109175 of 1176681/12/14 at 8:48am
I vote for challenge #1––a lot of people could participate and I know that some (Parker, Synth, YohjiCrew, the list goes on) could spin it in really interesting ways. But I may be biased.
IB/ZB/TVA/Nicholas K/vtb/KKA/Vintagepost #109176 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:00ampost #109177 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:12ampost #109178 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:13ampost #109179 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:17ampost #109180 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:21amQuote:
yeah, i think that's right. #1 it is.
(btw, nice fit-- the boots keep looking better and better with more wear.)
thanks to everyone else who also responded.
the challenge begins...NOW: http://www.styleforum.net/t/376061/sw-d-challenge-1-19-14-militarism/0_50post #109181 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:47ampost #109182 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:13ampost #109183 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:40ampost #109184 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:50am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1627 Active Users (334 Members and 1293 Guests)
- › The Official Beer Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Margiela Wool Navy Peacoat, 46 (fits 48) 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan