Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7279post #109171 of 1176681/12/14 at 12:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #109172 of 1176681/12/14 at 12:41ampost #109173 of 1176681/12/14 at 1:15amQuote:Love the ideas 1 and 2 (like many others!) when do we start?Originally Posted by ghostface
dudes, it is time to organize the next fit challenge. i've been thinking about doing something a bit more...thematic. below are three ideas. let's decide together.
1. militarism. this category could be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, since so much of men's fashion has been adapted from military wear. reference the ww1 colonel with the shiny boots, the pilot with the oversized ma-1, or the guerrilla fighting the techno-fascist forces of evil in the year 2099. this last possibility could also be used for category #2:
2. thriving post-apocalypse. this category might seem to favor those with "darker" garments in their closet, but i think that with some creativity even the stodgiest cm-er could excel. perhaps you're the mayor of a broken city of survivors. how will you style your glen plaid suit with that fur coat you just found in the abandoned mansion? and will it successfully conceal your shotgun? i wouldn't want this to shade too far into cos-play, but i think it could be fun to see what ideas/references people come up with (and remember, emphasis on thriving post-apocalypse).
3. garments with history. incorporate a (some) garment(s) that has a notable history. this can either be because it is unusually old-- whether it was passed down from your grandfather or discovered at a thrift store-- or because it has (and you would be willing to share) some personal story behind it. that is to say, the history can be just in the garment or in your particular relationship to the garment (or both). i imagine that some entries would incorporate the best features of posts from the contentedness thread.
thoughts?post #109174 of 1176681/12/14 at 8:02ampost #109175 of 1176681/12/14 at 8:48am
I vote for challenge #1––a lot of people could participate and I know that some (Parker, Synth, YohjiCrew, the list goes on) could spin it in really interesting ways. But I may be biased.
IB/ZB/TVA/Nicholas K/vtb/KKA/Vintagepost #109176 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:00ampost #109177 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:12ampost #109178 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:13ampost #109179 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:17ampost #109180 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:21amQuote:
yeah, i think that's right. #1 it is.
(btw, nice fit-- the boots keep looking better and better with more wear.)
thanks to everyone else who also responded.
the challenge begins...NOW: http://www.styleforum.net/t/376061/sw-d-challenge-1-19-14-militarism/0_50post #109181 of 1176681/12/14 at 10:47ampost #109182 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:13ampost #109183 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:40ampost #109184 of 1176681/12/14 at 11:50am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1795 Active Users (462 Members and 1333 Guests)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 14 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › GET=LIVE TV=Watch Switzerland vs USA live stream 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › 3Sixteen heavyweight fleece cardigan hoodie, Canada, tagged XL -... 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...