or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7256  

post #108826 of 117666

Bene,

 

I just noticed, did you steal Jameister's technique of bending your arms to hide or compensate the extra sleeve length? 

post #108827 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Different pair of pants than the ones i normally roll, these are slimmer. I think the slimmer cut is better for this coat/look than what I had done before.

Trying to decide if I should or should not keep them. I appreciate any feedback!!



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
YYPH
NCB
Nicolas and Mark
Guidi

looks good Benesy
post #108828 of 117666
a curved hem hidden placket shirt foo.gif
post #108829 of 117666

here's how to do pockesquare volume:

 

vid (Click to show)

 

also how I imagine all the Pitti dudes strutting around the piazza.

post #108830 of 117666

@Benesyed  really nice, I like it. Keep the pents.

post #108831 of 117666

Yeah keep the pants just have the tailor take 'em up two inches.

post #108832 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

a curved hem hidden placket shirt foo.gif

I have retired from button downs. Strictly knits. smile.gif

@isa

Yohji pieces often intentionally have sleeves that extend beyond the appropriate length. I actually like it better that way personally for casual wear. I think the bunching up of the pants is a good thing. It would look really stale otherwise. Together both modifications would be a very generic, and to me, uninteresting fit. I already have a professional suit for interviews and other boring situations that fills that purpose.
post #108833 of 117666
SW&D x CM?

AppleMark


barena
kamakura
equus
oliver spencer
viberg
post #108834 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post


Yohji pieces often intentionally have sleeves that extend beyond the appropriate length. I actually like it better that way personally for casual wear. I think the bunching up of the pants is a good thing. It would look really stale otherwise. Together both modifications would be a very generic, and to me, uninteresting fit. I already have a professional suit for interviews and other boring situations that fills that purpose.

Exactly right imo smile.gif stacks all the way
post #108835 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

a curved hem hidden placket shirt foo.gif

So a button-down shirt not a long sleeve T essentially?

---

Parker, cool I will check out that video later. But I still think that low-volume pocket square is more my steez. I like to play it low-key, knameen?
post #108836 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

I have retired from button downs. Strictly knits. smile.gif

@isa

Yohji pieces often intentionally have sleeves that extend beyond the appropriate length. I actually like it better that way personally for casual wear. I think the bunching up of the pants is a good thing. It would look really stale otherwise. Together both modifications would be a very generic, and to me, uninteresting fit. I already have a professional suit for interviews and other boring situations that fills that purpose.

fair enough smile.gif try a turtleneck or a funnel neck then :]?
post #108837 of 117666

Bene,

 

I figured that was intentional Yohji. I think the infinite drape/sleeve thing works when you have the grand canyon as your fitpic backdrop a la da Shah, but if med school and normal city's the context I'd recommend taking them to a tailor.

post #108838 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isachenko View Post

Bene,

I figured that was intentional Yohji. I think the infinite drape/sleeve thing works when you have the grand canyon as your fitpic backdrop a la da Shah, but if med school and normal city's the context I'd recommend taking them to a tailor.

Why? Have you met doctors, they wear ill fitting things all the time! smile.gif
post #108839 of 117666
I want to dress in a way i enjoy. If it, on shallow inspection, affirms other people's biases then its no skin off my back biggrin.gif
post #108840 of 117666

First post in this thread.

 

AppleMark

AppleMark

 

FW09 EG Birdshooter Jacket

WWM Newspaper Shirt

SS12 EG Trail Vest

Post Overalls Scarf

Daiki-era FW10 WWM Flannel

HW Carter Duck Pants

Red Wing

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread