Well it's not offensive, for that can't complain. The coat's nice, too nice for a t-shirt.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7185
Styleforum Top Picks
not sure how to read the emoticon, but the problem is that you are stating that last part as fact, and its not. its opinion at best, and it might be wrong.
its not a chesterfield top coat or some other coat that is inherently too formal for a tee. its a very nice coat, that has a SWD vibe, and is open to a pretty versatile range of uses. including, in this case, over a tee.
I think what bothers me most is the practicality issue. If it's cold enough to be wearing a coat that thickness and length, then you should be wearing more than a tee underneath anyways. If it's not cold enough then it looks like you're trying to be a hipster for wearing it in weather that doesn't call for it.
i know when i am at home in track pants and a tee shirt just chillin, and i have to go outside, i will throw on a wool coat like that and its perfect. i dont need another warmer shirt to justify the coat going on, and without it, id be freezing. and from an aesthetic standpoint, the coat is not a duffle or something bulky, that looks odd over just a tee. its a pretty sleek coat that is not super thick, so visually, it does not look off over a tee.
so from both a practical and stylistic pov, i still see zero issue.
When I saw Isachenko with post after post with thumbs looked into who was dishing them out. Apparently they just joined today...
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 30 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 36 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 43 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 48 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...