Well it's not offensive, for that can't complain. The coat's nice, too nice for a t-shirt.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7185post #107761 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107762 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:23pmpost #107763 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:34pmQuote:
not sure how to read the emoticon, but the problem is that you are stating that last part as fact, and its not. its opinion at best, and it might be wrong.
its not a chesterfield top coat or some other coat that is inherently too formal for a tee. its a very nice coat, that has a SWD vibe, and is open to a pretty versatile range of uses. including, in this case, over a tee.post #107764 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:38pmpost #107765 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:39pmpost #107766 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:42pmQuote:
I think what bothers me most is the practicality issue. If it's cold enough to be wearing a coat that thickness and length, then you should be wearing more than a tee underneath anyways. If it's not cold enough then it looks like you're trying to be a hipster for wearing it in weather that doesn't call for it.post #107767 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:49pmhow could you possibly know how cold or comfortable he is?
i know when i am at home in track pants and a tee shirt just chillin, and i have to go outside, i will throw on a wool coat like that and its perfect. i dont need another warmer shirt to justify the coat going on, and without it, id be freezing. and from an aesthetic standpoint, the coat is not a duffle or something bulky, that looks odd over just a tee. its a pretty sleek coat that is not super thick, so visually, it does not look off over a tee.
so from both a practical and stylistic pov, i still see zero issue.post #107768 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:52pmpost #107769 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:56pmWell damn, if he had prefaced it as just a 2 minute take out the trash check the mailbox look then it wouldn't have been a problem. If he were Russian he could do it without a coat altogether in snow. I was under the impression the general idea of fitpics were to showcase what you'd wear out in public.And for an expensive as MA+ is, it better be made of wool.post #107770 of 11766812/19/13 at 8:57pm
When I saw Isachenko with post after post with thumbs looked into who was dishing them out. Apparently they just joined today...
BROTHERALFONSpost #107771 of 11766812/19/13 at 9:00pmpost #107772 of 11766812/19/13 at 9:00pmpost #107773 of 11766812/19/13 at 9:02pmpost #107774 of 11766812/19/13 at 9:02pmpost #107775 of 11766812/19/13 at 9:29pmI think that coat and fit looks pretty good, and I'm super jealous of that coat in particular. Still, from a personal standpoint, I actually agree with Isachenko - if I'm wearing a long coat, I want something warmer on than a low-neck t-shirt, or else there's no practicality to dragging around a long coat when something mid-length or a nice blazer would suffice. I do think that a light knit or a scarf would balance it a lit bit, like the look Reedo nailed with that Bless coat fit a bit back. I know "practical clothes for practical dudes" is pretty much the opposite of SW&D, but I've been moving in that direction a bit myself lately. Again though, awesome fit and awesome coat.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › FReE OnliNE AStroLOGER in Jaipur* Rajasthan +91-8239910405 ... 2 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra for love in hindi In Noida 3 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 most powerful vashikaran mantra In Noida 10 seconds ago
- › hindi vashikaran +91-9680462195 20 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra for wife In Noida 20 seconds ago
- › KAla JAdu God+91-9001354274 VAshikARaN in Faridabad 22 seconds ago
- › vashikaran love back +91-9680462195 24 seconds ago
- › vashikaran specialist +91-9680462195 31 seconds ago
- › mohini mantra +91-9680462195 44 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA FoR HuSBanD In... 50 seconds ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan