Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7156  

post #107326 of 117666
I kinda don't want to derail this more, but there's been something that's been bothering me: am I really that mean to people here?

I mean that, seriously. I understand that people could have formed this opinion of me like 3-4 years ago but as far as I can tell, I've only been rude here to people who were blatantly rude or aggressive first. If I don't like someone's shitty post I just kinda ignore it at this point. To protect dudes like Isachenko and Bortelli, guys who have just joined a new community and decided the best way to fit in is to shit on the existing active members strikes me as odd. I've never attacked anyone for being new here (or if I have, it was a long time ago). My own posts here when I was new – and long after that – were embarrassing. I can sympathize with that.

But what we've had lately is a string of new members who are mostly interested in putting down the people who actually make up this community. The atmosphere here is becoming very toxic due to things like this, and the member-base is only given half-measures like "put them on ignore" as recourse. It's very, very obvious that it's causing annoyance among a sizeable portion of the members here; is it too much to ask that it's addressed on some level? Even if Isa shouldn't be banned, can you really say that there's no grounds for some kind of punishment?
post #107327 of 117666
I think it's best not to post as often. Or not be involved.
post #107328 of 117666
maybe a mod could just put Isachenko on notice? not ban him, but tell him that he needs to just read the board for a while without posting a bunch of questions and opinions that amount to just noise, or he risks a ban? I recognize that we all have a "block" button, but even with a poster blocked, their posting can affect the experience of those who have him blocked, as has been pointed out--quoted posts, response posts, just being reminded of his continued presence with all these gray "blocked message" boxes. It pulls down the level of discourse we could be having, and I think it's fair to say reduces the enjoyment of the board for many posters. and he's posting noise in what seems like every thread.
post #107329 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunofurbusiness View Post

I think it's best not to post as often. Or not be involved.

Awesome, I will just distance myself from this community that I enjoy, not participating as much because mods don't deal with assholes
post #107330 of 117666

Weekly blackball challenge... nobody is safe

post #107331 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I kinda don't want to derail this more, but there's been something that's been bothering me: am I really that mean to people here?

I mean that, seriously. I understand that people could have formed this opinion of me like 3-4 years ago but as far as I can tell, I've only been rude here to people who were blatantly rude or aggressive first. If I don't like someone's shitty post I just kinda ignore it at this point. To protect dudes like Isachenko and Bortelli, guys who have just joined a new community and decided the best way to fit in is to shit on the existing active members strikes me as odd. I've never attacked anyone for being new here (or if I have, it was a long time ago).

I do believe you state your opinions more harshly than necessary, and it can come across mean-spirited.
Quote:
My own posts here when I was new – and long after that – were embarrassing. I can sympathize with that.

I'm pretty sure we all feel this way, and it's part of becoming acclimated to the community.

For what it's worth, I did post about a week ago in the trans mod thread that something should be done about isachenko. I'm not condoning his behavior, but the responses to it and allowing the thread to devolve into an internet bitch-fest are only exacerbating the issue. If he continues to antagonize members, in absence of retaliation from everyone else, it makes it much easier for mods/admins to take action against him as the case is clear. I wasn't disagreeing that action should be taken, but I do think it's in everyone's best interest not to engage him and make it worse.
post #107332 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Wait you have yourself on block?

laugh.gif

yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I kinda don't want to derail this more, but there's been something that's been bothering me: am I really that mean to people here? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I mean that, seriously. I understand that people could have formed this opinion of me like 3-4 years ago but as far as I can tell, I've only been rude here to people who were blatantly rude or aggressive first. If I don't like someone's shitty post I just kinda ignore it at this point. To protect dudes like Isachenko and Bortelli, guys who have just joined a new community and decided the best way to fit in is to shit on the existing active members strikes me as odd. I've never attacked anyone for being new here (or if I have, it was a long time ago). My own posts here when I was new – and long after that – were embarrassing. I can sympathize with that.
But what we've had lately is a string of new members who are mostly interested in putting down the people who actually make up this community. The atmosphere here is becoming very toxic due to things like this, and the member-base is only given half-measures like "put them on ignore" as recourse. It's very, very obvious that it's causing annoyance among a sizeable portion of the members here; is it too much to ask that it's addressed on some level? Even if Isa shouldn't be banned, can you really say that there's no grounds for some kind of punishment?

i do not recall you ever being mean to me.

you once quasi-ripped (more like snarked) on a fit of mine, but admittedly, that fit sucked, and was deserving of snark.

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I'm pretty sure we all feel this way, and it's part of becoming acclimated to the community.

i sure do. so bad.
post #107333 of 117666
I want to say something about how Brad and Stitchy (in a general sense) represent a wide spectrum of the SF community... tho' I'm not sure I can articulate it well. Suffice it to say that in a way we all know who is here to actually participate and those who are here to be fuck-all douche bags just trying to get a rise out of people and/or indulge some sort of trollish jackassery that apparently feeds some urge. I've sensed lately that this negative influence has disrupted the general flow of those of us who are here to be involved and if it continues to corrupt our enjoyment it may lead to a place that many of us will not feel compelled to frequent and ultimately that would not be cool.... not cool at all.
post #107334 of 117666
That Yang Li jacket is amazing


Sun in my eyes

VU9arTh.jpg

SNS Herning
Heattech
Junhashimoto boots and shoes
post #107335 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I kinda don't want to derail this more, but there's been something that's been bothering me: am I really that mean to people here?

I mean that, seriously. I understand that people could have formed this opinion of me like 3-4 years ago but as far as I can tell, I've only been rude here to people who were blatantly rude or aggressive first. If I don't like someone's shitty post I just kinda ignore it at this point. To protect dudes like Isachenko and Bortelli, guys who have just joined a new community and decided the best way to fit in is to shit on the existing active members strikes me as odd. I've never attacked anyone for being new here (or if I have, it was a long time ago). My own posts here when I was new – and long after that – were embarrassing. I can sympathize with that.

But what we've had lately is a string of new members who are mostly interested in putting down the people who actually make up this community. The atmosphere here is becoming very toxic due to things like this, and the member-base is only given half-measures like "put them on ignore" as recourse. It's very, very obvious that it's causing annoyance among a sizeable portion of the members here; is it too much to ask that it's addressed on some level? Even if Isa shouldn't be banned, can you really say that there's no grounds for some kind of punishment?

Your old posts came of as rash more than rude. For a good amount of time now your posts have been constructive. Case and point is this one.

People becoming forum members and being insulting/degrading to others do not add any value to this community. Additionally, i think they dont deserve to be part of it so a time out is a good warning but a ban wouldnt be wrong either.
post #107336 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Your old posts came of as rash more than rude. For a good amount of time now your posts have been constructive. Case and point is this one.

People becoming forum members and being insulting/degrading to others do not add any value to this community. Additionally, i think they dont deserve to be part of it so a time out is a good warning but a ban wouldnt be wrong either.

As a long time lurker, brad is definitely not that bad. And, honestly, he can be pretty helpful plus a contributing member of sf
post #107337 of 117666
Industrie
Acne
Buttero

photo 59986284-24c8-4b6a-ae4b-2bc9bd4a2e77_zpsf4faba20.jpg
post #107338 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

I want to say something about how Brad and Stitchy (in a general sense) represent a wide spectrum of the SF community... tho' I'm not sure I can articulate it well. Suffice it to say that in a way we all know who is here to actually participate and those who are here to be fuck-all douche bags just trying to get a rise out of people and/or indulge some sort of trollish jackassery that apparently feeds some urge. I've sensed lately that this negative influence has disrupted the general flow of those of us who are here to be involved and if it continues to corrupt our enjoyment it may lead to a place that many of us will not feel compelled to frequent and ultimately that would not be cool.... not cool at all.

 

Good lawyer I see. :p (People need to understand this smilie better as I've used it often.) One of the 'problems' is that people take themselves too seriously. Of course I've come off overly harsh at times, and I am trying to reel it in without self-censoring my fashion critiques. It's obviously a fine line to toe.

 

You also fail to mention I've complimented many a poster in this thread and elsewhere, including now:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

That Yang Li jacket is amazing


Sun in my eyes
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VU9arTh.jpg


SNS Herning
Heattech
Junhashimoto boots and shoes

 

The color of the Stark in the sunlight may be the best SNS styling I've seen on the forum, not to mention the jeans and shoes which compliment perfectly. I also like the rolled up cuffs, contrary to most SF opinion, and the two bottom buttons off to accommodate the cardi's extra length. Very well done and the ladies will be impressed.

post #107339 of 117666
Brad isn't that bad. There are other frequent posters on SW+D that are far worse...
post #107340 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio View Post

Brad isn't that bad. There are other frequent posters on SW+D that are far worse...

 

:devil:

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread