Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7102
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks guys - pretty awesome to hear it from some of my favorite posters (I lurk )
Coat is a vintage (tagged '60s, but I'm doubtful) shearling/suede Peek & Kloppenburg, which is a Danish/Hamburg obscurity I found in the megathrift department store Humana here.
Place is awesome, and a complete treasure trove - I've never seen anything like it. Nowhere else can you casually peruse racks of leather pents and feel totally normal while doing it (though a lot of it is pleather), and then cop for 20 Eur. Did see a pair of used assless chaps though. Who buys used assless chaps (not to mention assless chaps in general)?! Berliners sind total verrückt.Ich bin ein JELLYDOUGHNUT - click for Berlin (Click to show)
Edited by VirtruviusR - 12/4/13 at 1:17pm
Unionmade, Context, Blue in Green, and one other I'm not remembering carry Kapital, but American prices are often at Visvim levels of silly. Yahoo Auctions or Rakuten are your best bet for lightly used items, use Kapital's webshop or a similar carrier with a proxy for direct purchases. It's still much cheaper.
As for the sizing, 2 is the smallest size for men and isn't exactly consistent; bagginess changes depending on how the garment is intended to fit. Sizes 0 and 1 are often repurposed for female proportions, so sizing down from a 2 is not recommended unless you can try the garment on in person.
I'll get a new Kapital fit on here at some point, but for now What I Was Wearing at Kapital Kyoto:
Apparently Anthro (lol) is carrying Kapital for the ladies, at least online.
You're right the coat looks better open with the shearling exposed. Put on a heavy knit or an OBDC with light knit over your tee with a scarf then you can sport your better than $1200-new equivalent vintage coat open in the cold weather.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 6 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...