Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7102
Styleforum Top Pickspost #106517 of 11766812/4/13 at 12:55pmKim Jong Un looks pretty miffed at Casey for getting top billing / centre placement, and the general on the left has failed to hide his amusement while the one on the right knows better than to betray feelings that will bring about his execution.post #106518 of 11766812/4/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
Thanks guys - pretty awesome to hear it from some of my favorite posters (I lurk )
Coat is a vintage (tagged '60s, but I'm doubtful) shearling/suede Peek & Kloppenburg, which is a Danish/Hamburg obscurity I found in the megathrift department store Humana here.
Place is awesome, and a complete treasure trove - I've never seen anything like it. Nowhere else can you casually peruse racks of leather pents and feel totally normal while doing it (though a lot of it is pleather), and then cop for 20 Eur. Did see a pair of used assless chaps though. Who buys used assless chaps (not to mention assless chaps in general)?! Berliners sind total verrückt.Ich bin ein JELLYDOUGHNUT - click for Berlin (Click to show)
Edited by VirtruviusR - 12/4/13 at 1:17pmpost #106519 of 11766812/4/13 at 1:12pmpost #106520 of 11766812/4/13 at 1:31pmpost #106521 of 11766812/4/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
Unionmade, Context, Blue in Green, and one other I'm not remembering carry Kapital, but American prices are often at Visvim levels of silly. Yahoo Auctions or Rakuten are your best bet for lightly used items, use Kapital's webshop or a similar carrier with a proxy for direct purchases. It's still much cheaper.
As for the sizing, 2 is the smallest size for men and isn't exactly consistent; bagginess changes depending on how the garment is intended to fit. Sizes 0 and 1 are often repurposed for female proportions, so sizing down from a 2 is not recommended unless you can try the garment on in person.
I'll get a new Kapital fit on here at some point, but for now What I Was Wearing at Kapital Kyoto:
Apparently Anthro (lol) is carrying Kapital for the ladies, at least online.post #106522 of 11766812/4/13 at 2:00pmpost #106523 of 11766812/4/13 at 2:46pmpost #106524 of 11766812/4/13 at 2:51pmpost #106525 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:05pmpost #106526 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:07pmpost #106527 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:13pmpost #106528 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:24pm
You're right the coat looks better open with the shearling exposed. Put on a heavy knit or an OBDC with light knit over your tee with a scarf then you can sport your better than $1200-new equivalent vintage coat open in the cold weather.post #106529 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #106530 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:49pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › NIB Shoes from John Lobb and Gaziano & Girling - Sizes 9.5-10 UK... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...