Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7100
Styleforum Top Picks
parker-- that is very cool. would be even better with a cigar clenched between your teeth.
lorcan-- i really like that. especially the layering in the second pic.
reedo-- i know i'm probably just projecting my own tastes here, but everything seems to fit one size small/tight. one of the reasons i really liked that bless fit of yours was that you let it flow/gave things some breathing room.
casey-- i think the shoulders of the coat fit well, especially if you're gonna layer anything other than a t-shirt (and i think the lookbook model is wearing the coat too small). the bigger issue, though, is that mid-thigh length coats in that style are often not super flattering when they're done up. for some reason, having a tubular silhouette works well when the coat is knee-length, but not so well when it's just your torso + a bit more. at least to my eye. the coat would look better when worn open, but that may defeat the purpose if you need it for warmth. (there's also a weird blousey flair in the side-angle photo you posted.)
I agree that mid-length coats can be tricky, especially when they're cut kinda blousy / a-line like this season's Schneider. The effect of most coats of this length is that of a really structured oversized suit jacket. Peacoats are a prime example of this - Big barrel of a torso, waddly penguin arms, often exacerbated by stick legs and the seemingly huuge boots sticking out the bottom.
Buuut, if your swagger is strong, you can get away with a lot of silhouette weirdness.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 20 seconds ago
- › New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons Live Streaming 44 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Atlanta Falcons vs New Orleans Saints Live Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Dolphins vs Vikings Live Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Vikings vs Dolphins Live Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Dr Martens Air Wair Air-cushion soles Brown Suede Chukka Boots, UK... 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Miami Dolphins vs Minnesota Vikings Live Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...