So much this You convince yourself you'll learn to live with it, and then months later when it's still unworn you realize what an awful decision that was...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7100
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't think it's just that the sleeves are too long, though. It kind of looks big in the shoulders, if the photo of the model is anything to go by. He could shorten the sleeves, but I'm not sure it would be an ideal fit.
parker-- that is very cool. would be even better with a cigar clenched between your teeth.
lorcan-- i really like that. especially the layering in the second pic.
reedo-- i know i'm probably just projecting my own tastes here, but everything seems to fit one size small/tight. one of the reasons i really liked that bless fit of yours was that you let it flow/gave things some breathing room.
casey-- i think the shoulders of the coat fit well, especially if you're gonna layer anything other than a t-shirt (and i think the lookbook model is wearing the coat too small). the bigger issue, though, is that mid-thigh length coats in that style are often not super flattering when they're done up. for some reason, having a tubular silhouette works well when the coat is knee-length, but not so well when it's just your torso + a bit more. at least to my eye. the coat would look better when worn open, but that may defeat the purpose if you need it for warmth. (there's also a weird blousey flair in the side-angle photo you posted.)
I agree that mid-length coats can be tricky, especially when they're cut kinda blousy / a-line like this season's Schneider. The effect of most coats of this length is that of a really structured oversized suit jacket. Peacoats are a prime example of this - Big barrel of a torso, waddly penguin arms, often exacerbated by stick legs and the seemingly huuge boots sticking out the bottom.
Buuut, if your swagger is strong, you can get away with a lot of silhouette weirdness.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Nigel Cabourn 53 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Cordovan by Cap'n 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 17 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 24 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)