Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7100post #106486 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #106487 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:57pmpost #106488 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:58pmpost #106489 of 11766812/3/13 at 8:20pmpost #106490 of 11766812/3/13 at 9:06pmlots of cool fits today. great job guys!
parker-- that is very cool. would be even better with a cigar clenched between your teeth.
lorcan-- i really like that. especially the layering in the second pic.
reedo-- i know i'm probably just projecting my own tastes here, but everything seems to fit one size small/tight. one of the reasons i really liked that bless fit of yours was that you let it flow/gave things some breathing room.
casey-- i think the shoulders of the coat fit well, especially if you're gonna layer anything other than a t-shirt (and i think the lookbook model is wearing the coat too small). the bigger issue, though, is that mid-thigh length coats in that style are often not super flattering when they're done up. for some reason, having a tubular silhouette works well when the coat is knee-length, but not so well when it's just your torso + a bit more. at least to my eye. the coat would look better when worn open, but that may defeat the purpose if you need it for warmth. (there's also a weird blousey flair in the side-angle photo you posted.)post #106491 of 11766812/3/13 at 10:18pm
I agree that mid-length coats can be tricky, especially when they're cut kinda blousy / a-line like this season's Schneider. The effect of most coats of this length is that of a really structured oversized suit jacket. Peacoats are a prime example of this - Big barrel of a torso, waddly penguin arms, often exacerbated by stick legs and the seemingly huuge boots sticking out the bottom.
Buuut, if your swagger is strong, you can get away with a lot of silhouette weirdness.post #106492 of 11766812/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #106493 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:18ampost #106494 of 11766812/4/13 at 6:47ampost #106495 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:05ampost #106496 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:37ampost #106497 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:46ampost #106498 of 11766812/4/13 at 8:10ampost #106499 of 11766812/4/13 at 8:29am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 59 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...