Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7100post #106486 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #106487 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:57pmpost #106488 of 11766812/3/13 at 7:58pmpost #106489 of 11766812/3/13 at 8:20pmpost #106490 of 11766812/3/13 at 9:06pmlots of cool fits today. great job guys!
parker-- that is very cool. would be even better with a cigar clenched between your teeth.
lorcan-- i really like that. especially the layering in the second pic.
reedo-- i know i'm probably just projecting my own tastes here, but everything seems to fit one size small/tight. one of the reasons i really liked that bless fit of yours was that you let it flow/gave things some breathing room.
casey-- i think the shoulders of the coat fit well, especially if you're gonna layer anything other than a t-shirt (and i think the lookbook model is wearing the coat too small). the bigger issue, though, is that mid-thigh length coats in that style are often not super flattering when they're done up. for some reason, having a tubular silhouette works well when the coat is knee-length, but not so well when it's just your torso + a bit more. at least to my eye. the coat would look better when worn open, but that may defeat the purpose if you need it for warmth. (there's also a weird blousey flair in the side-angle photo you posted.)post #106491 of 11766812/3/13 at 10:18pm
I agree that mid-length coats can be tricky, especially when they're cut kinda blousy / a-line like this season's Schneider. The effect of most coats of this length is that of a really structured oversized suit jacket. Peacoats are a prime example of this - Big barrel of a torso, waddly penguin arms, often exacerbated by stick legs and the seemingly huuge boots sticking out the bottom.
Buuut, if your swagger is strong, you can get away with a lot of silhouette weirdness.post #106492 of 11766812/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #106493 of 11766812/4/13 at 3:18ampost #106494 of 11766812/4/13 at 6:47ampost #106495 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:05ampost #106496 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:37ampost #106497 of 11766812/4/13 at 7:46ampost #106498 of 11766812/4/13 at 8:10ampost #106499 of 11766812/4/13 at 8:29am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 seconds ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 9 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 9 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 22 minutes ago
- › NWT 10D Tod's No_Code Crepe-Sole Suede Desert Boots 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...