My boring contribution:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7056post #105826 of 11766811/22/13 at 11:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #105827 of 11766811/22/13 at 11:34ampost #105828 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:03pm
For a college student to put money towards a nice house or designer furniture would be one regretful decision. Many college students are not going to be in the same area after they graduate. If someone has $2k to spend on a leather jacket and they want it, and have nice cloths to wear with it then why not? Shit, you dont even need nice pants/jeans or tees to wear with a $2k leather jacket. There are plenty of really nice fits on this forum with people wearing 5-zips and uniqlo tees and jeans, I wear that combo myself. I rather spend $2k on any jacket then buy a nice chair, dining table, etc. for my dorm, parents house, or shared apartment. As a college student myself Ill choose cloths over rims or stereo for my car, or a $1k herman miller desk chair for my room. Why? because I like fashion more then furniture, or cars. I kind of see your point as if you dont even own a car but own $500 boots/sneakers, or own a $2k jacket and are jobless, or work at starbucks and have no future career, and dont go to school to improve your situation. Using a college student in your example is misleading.post #105829 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:04pmpost #105830 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:10pmpost #105831 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:16pmpost #105832 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:19pmpost #105833 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:23pmpost #105834 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Abraxis
Hrm not valid for the monochrome challenge with black derbies so not posting it there, but I have a super matchy Jil Sander suit fit I wore to a wedding of two really good friends. Here's me gazing longingly into the distance. I don't actually know how to wear suits or ties so I'm sure the proportions are off, so feedback there would be great. Not really sure how low ties are supposed to drop laf.
For starters, unbutton before you're going to sit down!
I love that color though! Also, that fit flatters your body way more than anything else I've seen you post recently.post #105835 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:35pmpost #105836 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:40pmpost #105837 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:41pmpost #105838 of 11766811/22/13 at 12:56pmas others said i don't think abraxis's issue is his body but rather the way he's taking pictures. Regardless he stays active with crossfit (which like, whatever as long as he doesn't hurt himself) and is happy with his body so good for him and everyone who feels good about the way they look even if they don't look "ideal."
i mean there is a difference between people who see clothing as an aspect of a "be as high status as you can be" (not the perfect phrase but still) lifestyle goal vs. people who are into clothing as a hobby (though i think there's shades in between those two polarities).
Think the former sees body type as being of paramount importance because it does make a huge difference on a purely "how you look" level and really fitness is one of those things you don't have a ton of excuses for save for lacking the willpower/being lazy. After all you'll "look the best" (in the eyes of society) by having well-fitting really nice basics on a nice body because after a certain point dressing in fashion shit alienates those around you rather than elevates your status (this, however, is really context dependent and some people have a bit more leeway in dressing "weird").
Then again there are the latter who resent the former because the body acolytes annoying as shit sometimes and being high status isn't as important as being interested in clothing. e.g. I don't think melon wears head to toe geller or benseyed fucks with yhoji because they thinks its going to get them laid or because they'll get dap from the bouncer i think they does it because they really enjoys the clothing. Which is cool for them and frankly, I think that those people make for better WAYWT content.
Of course as I said there are people in between, who are interested in both dressing-as-high-status signifier and dressing-as-hobby I actually like these posters the best because their shit is both "cool" and "wearable" but i digress.
Anyway, sorry fellow RHET-ers, I love you guys but I think you need to back off because this isn't a fight you guys should be having. Most of you brahs are in the former category while most of the dudes in WAYWT are in the latter category and that's totally cool because that's different priorities and it's not helpful to tell them to tell them that they need to bulk up/slim down.post #105839 of 11766811/22/13 at 1:00pmpost #105840 of 11766811/22/13 at 1:04pm^^ You're right but at the same time its hilarious how I can't give a suggestion without getting shit for it. Jet boasts about how he lifts this and that and tells people the same thing I do
And no amount of angles and camera tricks are going to change the fact that the jacket simply doesn't flatter him.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Viberg Boots 33 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 44 seconds ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 53 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...