or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7056  

post #105826 of 117668
Reedo, that's your best ever, Lorcan is making me want for EG, and ghostface killing it, as always. WAYWT is on fire smile.gif

My boring contribution:

post #105827 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

For what it's worth, I know that any place I live is going to be fleetingly temporary, so it doesn't make sense to invest money in things like that.

100%.
post #105828 of 117668

For a college student to put money towards a nice house or designer furniture would be one regretful decision. Many college students are not going to be in the same area after they graduate. If someone has $2k to spend on a leather jacket and they want it, and have nice cloths to wear with it then why not? Shit, you dont even need nice pants/jeans or tees to wear with a $2k leather jacket. There are plenty of really nice fits on this forum with people wearing 5-zips and uniqlo tees and jeans, I wear that combo myself. I rather spend $2k on any jacket then buy a nice chair, dining table, etc. for my dorm, parents house, or shared apartment. As a college student myself Ill choose cloths over rims or stereo for my car, or a $1k herman miller desk chair for my room. Why? because I like fashion more then furniture, or cars. I kind of see your point as if you dont even own a car but own $500 boots/sneakers, or own a $2k jacket and are jobless, or work at starbucks and have no future career, and dont go to school to improve your situation. Using a college student in your example is misleading.

post #105829 of 117668


Raf Simons dip dye
Balenciaga waxed denim
S2A sneakers

Working from home today.

Would this qualify for the WAYWT challenge? Not sure if dip dye and a waxed coating count.
post #105830 of 117668

Sorry but those books are too colorful for your clothing style, Nil.  No lifestyle synergy whatsoever.

post #105831 of 117668
I knew I should have purchased my library by the yard.
post #105832 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post



Raf Simons dip dye
Balenciaga waxed denim
S2A sneakers

Working from home today.

Would this qualify for the WAYWT challenge? Not sure if dip dye and a waxed coating count.

Damn, nice home library.
post #105833 of 117668
@gdl203 you're beard is on that Hemingway level and it's fantastic


Cross-posted my monochrome fit on Sufu and I've gotten 5 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down, I don't think I understand the Sufu culture lol
post #105834 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post

Hrm not valid for the monochrome challenge with black derbies so not posting it there, but I have a super matchy Jil Sander suit fit I wore to a wedding of two really good friends. Here's me gazing longingly into the distance. I don't actually know how to wear suits or ties so I'm sure the proportions are off, so feedback there would be great. Not really sure how low ties are supposed to drop laf.

For s

 

For starters, unbutton before you're going to sit down!


I love that color though! Also, that fit flatters your body way more than anything else I've seen you post recently.

post #105835 of 117668

TOJ/Uniqlo/Uniqlo/random GATs from ebay

post #105836 of 117668
nil where to cop dip and sizing info??
post #105837 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Cross-posted my monochrome fit on Sufu and I've gotten 5 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down, I don't think I understand the Sufu culture lol

I would say I don't know why su-fu exists, but I guess its like a prison for all the misguided children. 

post #105838 of 117668
as others said i don't think abraxis's issue is his body but rather the way he's taking pictures. Regardless he stays active with crossfit (which like, whatever as long as he doesn't hurt himself) and is happy with his body so good for him and everyone who feels good about the way they look even if they don't look "ideal."

i mean there is a difference between people who see clothing as an aspect of a "be as high status as you can be" (not the perfect phrase but still) lifestyle goal vs. people who are into clothing as a hobby (though i think there's shades in between those two polarities).

Think the former sees body type as being of paramount importance because it does make a huge difference on a purely "how you look" level and really fitness is one of those things you don't have a ton of excuses for save for lacking the willpower/being lazy. After all you'll "look the best" (in the eyes of society) by having well-fitting really nice basics on a nice body because after a certain point dressing in fashion shit alienates those around you rather than elevates your status (this, however, is really context dependent and some people have a bit more leeway in dressing "weird").

Then again there are the latter who resent the former because the body acolytes annoying as shit sometimes and being high status isn't as important as being interested in clothing. e.g. I don't think melon wears head to toe geller or benseyed fucks with yhoji because they thinks its going to get them laid or because they'll get dap from the bouncer i think they does it because they really enjoys the clothing. Which is cool for them and frankly, I think that those people make for better WAYWT content.

Of course as I said there are people in between, who are interested in both dressing-as-high-status signifier and dressing-as-hobby I actually like these posters the best because their shit is both "cool" and "wearable" but i digress.

Anyway, sorry fellow RHET-ers, I love you guys but I think you need to back off because this isn't a fight you guys should be having. Most of you brahs are in the former category while most of the dudes in WAYWT are in the latter category and that's totally cool because that's different priorities and it's not helpful to tell them to tell them that they need to bulk up/slim down.
post #105839 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

nil where to cop dip and sizing info??

It was one of those yoox treasure finds. It's the Fall 2012 version I believe. I went with a XL.
post #105840 of 117668
^^ You're right but at the same time its hilarious how I can't give a suggestion without getting shit for it. Jet boasts about how he lifts this and that and tells people the same thing I do laugh.gif

And no amount of angles and camera tricks are going to change the fact that the jacket simply doesn't flatter him. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread