Live and let live.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7056
Styleforum Top Picks
For a college student to put money towards a nice house or designer furniture would be one regretful decision. Many college students are not going to be in the same area after they graduate. If someone has $2k to spend on a leather jacket and they want it, and have nice cloths to wear with it then why not? Shit, you dont even need nice pants/jeans or tees to wear with a $2k leather jacket. There are plenty of really nice fits on this forum with people wearing 5-zips and uniqlo tees and jeans, I wear that combo myself. I rather spend $2k on any jacket then buy a nice chair, dining table, etc. for my dorm, parents house, or shared apartment. As a college student myself Ill choose cloths over rims or stereo for my car, or a $1k herman miller desk chair for my room. Why? because I like fashion more then furniture, or cars. I kind of see your point as if you dont even own a car but own $500 boots/sneakers, or own a $2k jacket and are jobless, or work at starbucks and have no future career, and dont go to school to improve your situation. Using a college student in your example is misleading.
Hrm not valid for the monochrome challenge with black derbies so not posting it there, but I have a super matchy Jil Sander suit fit I wore to a wedding of two really good friends. Here's me gazing longingly into the distance. I don't actually know how to wear suits or ties so I'm sure the proportions are off, so feedback there would be great. Not really sure how low ties are supposed to drop laf.
For starters, unbutton before you're going to sit down!
I love that color though! Also, that fit flatters your body way more than anything else I've seen you post recently.
i mean there is a difference between people who see clothing as an aspect of a "be as high status as you can be" (not the perfect phrase but still) lifestyle goal vs. people who are into clothing as a hobby (though i think there's shades in between those two polarities).
Think the former sees body type as being of paramount importance because it does make a huge difference on a purely "how you look" level and really fitness is one of those things you don't have a ton of excuses for save for lacking the willpower/being lazy. After all you'll "look the best" (in the eyes of society) by having well-fitting really nice basics on a nice body because after a certain point dressing in fashion shit alienates those around you rather than elevates your status (this, however, is really context dependent and some people have a bit more leeway in dressing "weird").
Then again there are the latter who resent the former because the body acolytes annoying as shit sometimes and being high status isn't as important as being interested in clothing. e.g. I don't think melon wears head to toe geller or benseyed fucks with yhoji because they thinks its going to get them laid or because they'll get dap from the bouncer i think they does it because they really enjoys the clothing. Which is cool for them and frankly, I think that those people make for better WAYWT content.
Of course as I said there are people in between, who are interested in both dressing-as-high-status signifier and dressing-as-hobby I actually like these posters the best because their shit is both "cool" and "wearable" but i digress.
Anyway, sorry fellow RHET-ers, I love you guys but I think you need to back off because this isn't a fight you guys should be having. Most of you brahs are in the former category while most of the dudes in WAYWT are in the latter category and that's totally cool because that's different priorities and it's not helpful to tell them to tell them that they need to bulk up/slim down.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Online source for quality socks in Europe 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 16 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)