I'm not at all sure you read what I wrote but I think your limited point of view is filling in the blanks for you. How handy and time saving
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7056
Styleforum Top Picks
but srsly, this thread, and MC WAYWRN are the same. they both get more readers and more traction than any other threads in their respective sub-forums, and its only natural that side conversations come and go with the flow of the thread. ymmv, but that is my opinion anyways.
No, that's not what I was trying to say and I hope you understand that.
I'll admit I find it hard to explain. Basically, if you can afford to buy outfits for several grand, you could also spend some of that money on other stuff to round things out. I'm talking about the small percentage of people who own a ton of baller stuff but essentially are poor college students. IMO, Those guys would be better off in most cases by spending that money elsewhere or you sort of just get "half of it". You get the clothes, but everything else is lags behind. If I had 2k to spend , I know I would feel better about myself if I would upgrade several different things I like rather than blowing it on one leather jacket, or at least save half of it. It just seems that the clothes some people wear are detached from the rest of their style, like they've bought into the hype. I've probably been a victim of this myself. It's jush something I think is worth having in mind.
Maybe people who care about clothing don't necessarily care about furniture or art or music in the same way? Not everyone is trying to live a "lifestyle."
For what it's worth, I know that any place I live is going to be fleetingly temporary, so it doesn't make sense to invest money in things like that.
For a college student to put money towards a nice house or designer furniture would be one regretful decision. Many college students are not going to be in the same area after they graduate. If someone has $2k to spend on a leather jacket and they want it, and have nice cloths to wear with it then why not? Shit, you dont even need nice pants/jeans or tees to wear with a $2k leather jacket. There are plenty of really nice fits on this forum with people wearing 5-zips and uniqlo tees and jeans, I wear that combo myself. I rather spend $2k on any jacket then buy a nice chair, dining table, etc. for my dorm, parents house, or shared apartment. As a college student myself Ill choose cloths over rims or stereo for my car, or a $1k herman miller desk chair for my room. Why? because I like fashion more then furniture, or cars. I kind of see your point as if you dont even own a car but own $500 boots/sneakers, or own a $2k jacket and are jobless, or work at starbucks and have no future career, and dont go to school to improve your situation. Using a college student in your example is misleading.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 17 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 17 minutes ago
- › Art 23 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 28 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)