Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 7053post #105781 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #105782 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:08ampost #105783 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:22ampost #105784 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:24ampost #105785 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptionist
I get what TK says but I don't really think of it like that.
My taste, style, or interest in how things look, whatever you wanna call, extends beyond just clothing. The aesthetic I like doesn't just apply to clothing. I see many similarities between the designers I like, the music I listen to, how my ideal home would look and what type of cars I like. They all fit under the same theme or mood that I can identify myself with.
For instance, it always bugs me when I see fit pics of people decked out in the most expensive clothes while the background looks like a student room of a 16 year old. Pretty common sight on SZ. Or guys that wear the all black, slim and sleek, coat and sidezips aesthetic while their music taste is like the billboards top. I understand if you don't have money to spend on your flat or if you simply don't care that much about music, but then that actually seems like some sort of faking to me. It's like you're just playing dress up without understanding what you're doing and why you even like to dress that way in the first place. If I meet someone who wears all Ann or RO, I expect their home to look like something that resembles that aesthetic. Hope this makes sense. Rant over
i'm very excited to get to a point in my life when it makes sense to put effort/money into furnishing my living quarters.post #105786 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by TeeKay
I thought the whole point of styleforum was how can I be the baddest mother fucker I am capable of being?, which would include clothing, career, cars, travel, home, and fitness. They all seem like they go together and if you're neglecting aspects of your life, you're faking it.post #105787 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by colabear
I see pant fits here with droopy-diaper crotches and like people here praise them because they are a certain Pier Poo Poo aesthetics but in actuality doesn't look good on the body. And then you see someone wearing pants with a relaxed fit from Banana Republic that looks average but comfortable to the wearer and it's ridiculed because of the brand and I think it's biased.
That's a really odd example to post the day after a fit with Banana Republic pants got 97 thumbspost #105788 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:31ampost #105789 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:37ampost #105790 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by einstine
@conceptionistSo what your saying is don't dress in designer cloths unless you could afford designer furniture, oh and a nice car to match your style? That may well be the most moronic shit I have read on here.
You don't think it'd look a little off to see some du decked out in MMM or Tom Ford hop into his '94 Ford Escort?post #105791 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:39ampost #105792 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:44ampost #105793 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:45am
it makes sense that someone who likes a particular style of dress would also like other material things that complemented that style. but it's not always true. also not everyone has the means or the desire to, for example wear a minimalist designer head to toe and live in a John Pawson flat.
however, it is nice to see fit pits against a simple backdrop without dirty undies on the floor.post #105794 of 11766611/22/13 at 9:48am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 44 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › EPAULET - 8 PAIR - WALT, RIVET + POLO/CORNELIANI (SLIM) TROUSERS 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...