Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6947post #104191 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #104192 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:08ampost #104193 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:09ampost #104194 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:15amsnow - excellent.Quote:
damnit to hell! why didnt you snap a pic?Quote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Show 'em how it's done, boss!
So, I just bought that exact same cardigan partially because you seem to like yours a lot (I mean, so does everyone apparently). I wanted one last year, then opted for an Inverallan because I love shawl collars - sized that wrong, though, so now I have another navy cardigan being sent to me. Hopefully I like it. I just want everything to be cozy.
Nice fit, by the way - I think you should look into some more RRL stuff, actually. And maybe try an olive for the pants next time?
I'm also considering raiding yoox in an effort to turn myself into a brown-haired Parker. The temptation is strong.
regarding the stark - awesome purchase. mine is one of my favorite pieces of clothing i own. even taking into account all my MC stuff. looking forward to seeing your fits pics with one. oh, its mad cozy. soooo cozy.
regarding RRL - i have had a hard time with the their proportions. their stuff i have tried is mostly cut off for my body shape, and how i like my stuff to fit, but i will keep at it because i like a lot of their stuff and i feel it jives with a lot of what i want my fits to look like.
regrading olive pants - good suggestion. have wanted a pair for while, keep pushing it off. thanks for putting that back on my radar.
regarding being a brown-haired Parker - GLWTBpost #104195 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:16ampost #104196 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:25ampost #104197 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:33ampost #104198 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:35ampost #104199 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I've mentioned this before, but where can one pick up a Submariner that actually is beat to shit? And would they be more or less expensive? Ideally I'd like one that still worked or could be repaired for <500 to function (if barely), but where the band (pref stainless) is completely banged up. cracked crystal would be fine even. Just want on that looks like it has been around the block.post #104200 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:36ampost #104201 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:39ampost #104202 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:40am
to flip to a higher paying dealer with a B&M store in a location where he has good retail, like NYC/miami/LA...., low 4s. to sell on the bay or other pre-owned e-tailing, or B&M in a less high rent district, 4495 seems to be where things get grabbed up at present. 4795 already it slows down. but these months leading up to the holidays are usually sluggish.
last year i listed 2 subs for 4995 in late nov or dec (dont recall exactly) and one sold literally in 90 seconds and the other in about 5 minutes.post #104203 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
I've mentioned this before, but where can one pick up a Submariner that actually is beat to shit? And would they be more or less expensive? Ideally I'd like one that still worked or could be repaired for <500 to function (if barely), but where the band (pref stainless) is completely banged up. cracked crystal would be fine even. Just want on that looks like it has been around the block.
would definitely be less expensive. there is a huge market for vintage models with patina and what not, but they are more desirable the better shape they are in.
not sure where to kop, as i dont thnk i have seen any that bad. generally we turn them away if they are not running unless the person will let us send it to our watch repair place to see exactly how bad it is inside. i will try and keep you in mind though if i come across one.post #104204 of 11766811/1/13 at 11:46am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 25 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...