Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6931post #103951 of 11766610/29/13 at 10:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #103952 of 11766610/29/13 at 10:15pmokay i'm going to sound super nitpicky but my reason for boots are
1) it looks like you have tapered trousers, 19cm?
2) you may want to consider slanted hems so the trousers fall on top or break right on top of your shoe. as is it looks like your stance is causing the left leg to get caught in the back of your shoe
3) to alleviate the issue addressed in point 2 and since you wear tapered pants, a pair of ankle boots will help with a cleaner visual break
The cleaner break would help further your crisp look, IMO
Because I have odd proportions and speaking from experience, and you lift so you have muscles, i may even suggest that you go for a slight break, fuller cut like (8" hem) with the military hem to balance the top and bottom. the knit seems pretty loose and thick to warrant fuller cut pants with a break instead of the current look.
just two ways i think you can try out if you are super anal like me.
yeah i thought you would have 1 to 2 dress boots besides guidi. i think a pair of side zips would work well, too
btw, if you think 8" hem is too full and you like the tapered look, it would still be pretty fitted. the press you have to your pants is very nice and it would still give you that tapered look visually. i personally considering 8.5" since i got wider hips, or just get single pleats lolpost #103953 of 11766610/29/13 at 10:25pmpost #103954 of 11766610/29/13 at 10:31pmpost #103955 of 11766610/29/13 at 10:53pmColder than I thought, came home to change
Sorry for the boring "standing in front of a door looking super awkward" shots as of late
Angle is throwing things off too, guarantee my torso isn't that long
Left: Schneider scarf, CdG linen jacket
Right: incarnation leather
Both: american a. shirt, attachment jeans, guidi bootspost #103956 of 11766610/30/13 at 12:43ampost #103957 of 11766610/30/13 at 12:46ampost #103958 of 11766610/30/13 at 1:01ampost #103959 of 11766610/30/13 at 2:08ampost #103960 of 11766610/30/13 at 2:48ampost #103961 of 11766610/30/13 at 5:57ampost #103962 of 11766610/30/13 at 6:04ampost #103963 of 11766610/30/13 at 6:29ampost #103964 of 11766610/30/13 at 8:05am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1550 Active Users (300 Members and 1250 Guests)
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › BNIB Crockett Jones Malton - Mahagony Calf - UK 8.5 E / US 9.5 D 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › BNIB Crockett Jones Connaught - Dark Brown Calf - UK 8 E / US 9 D 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...